Android media solution @ home and in car
Hello,

my name is Bart, I'm from the Netherlands and new to XBMC.
I'm 35 years old and work as a working planner for a geotechnical engineering company.

Please help me with the following:
I was looking for a media solution for both home pc, tablet and two phones, and in nearby future NAS storage and Mediaplayers.
in my quest, I found that XBMC should be able to meet my demands. however, there's so many XBMC programs and apps ( since it's open source ) I can't seem to find the rights and wrongs any more.

Can somebody please tell me which programs and apps I need to be able to do the following:

I want to play my media and watch pictures from my pc on my tablet and phones.
I want to remotely control XBMC on my tablet with my phone ( can I do this using bluetooth? )
I want to use my tablet in the car to entertain my 2,5 year old in the backseat, most convenient would be if my wife could remotly control the tablet with her phone ( bluetooth ).
Best scenario would be if she could scroll through the library on the tablet with her phone also.

can this be done?
If so how?
and what app's and programs do I need to do so?

BTW:
the phones are HTC One M7 and M8
the tablet is Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 model
PC is a P8400 C2D running windows 7

thnx.

Bart
XBMC will do all of those things with varying levels of difficulty. I'll run through the gist of what you'd need to do, if you need more specific details please post back.
(2014-06-09, 14:24)bart1979 Wrote: I want to play my media and watch pictures from my pc on my tablet and phones.
Set XBMC up as a UPnP server on the PC, then access the UPnP share on the tablet's/phone's XBMC.
Quote:I want to remotely control XBMC on my tablet with my phone ( can I do this using bluetooth? )
You can do this when on the same Wi-Fi network either through XBMC's "Play Using..." feature, by using a UPnP/DLNA app (such as Bubble UPnP), or by using an XBMC remote such as the official one or one like Yatse. I don't think control via Bluetooth is an option.
Quote:I want to use my tablet in the car to entertain my 2,5 year old in the backseat, most convenient would be if my wife could remotly control the tablet with her phone ( bluetooth ).
Best scenario would be if she could scroll through the library on the tablet with her phone also.
Again, if they're on the same network this is fairly straightforward, but in a car they're unlikely to be on the same network. You could get around this by setting up either the tablet or the phone as a mobile hotspot and joining networks that way, but it's not ideal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
media solution @ home and in car0