Auto Refresh Library
Brick 
What is the best way to refresh my whole library? If I externally update .NFO files or cover art, I have to go to each individual item and refresh it to update. Is there a way to do them all at once? I can't seem to find a defined answer on the forums.

It seems I removed the source and re-added, but all it did was keep the same old info. I don't want to have to delete anything saved, I just want it to update my info with the new.
Doubt it will happen...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182821
Dang... what is the best way to just get a full update? If I delete the source and imitate a rescan.....does that work our does it just grab stored info? I hate having to wipe my whole xbmc to update a few files.

Also, I noticed you can't manual update in kiosk mode. Kiosk seems to hsve a...lock sidebar and in video edit...or just remove in vid edit. It's there a way to just lock the sidebar while maintaining individual edits?
There are several ways around it, all of them long-winded and all of them sufficient depending on your circumstance.

If you've just got the odd change here and there, then removing the individual items from the library, then rescanning is probably best (no .nfo, use a scraper, good .nfo, tell XBMC to not use scrapers).
If you've got a lot of changes then removing the source (which I believe also cleans the library) then adding it back is probably best.

For my own circumstance, I tend to have all my rips in a seperate non-XBMC source folder, run them through Ember Media Manager, then move them to the XBMC source folder(s) when I'm happy with them. I've then set XBMC to use .nfo files only and not scrape. This works best for the way I like things.

I think Ember can talk to XBMC to tell it to update, but I'm not sure whether that does the full 'refresh' as we'd like it, so I haven't tried it yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto Refresh Library0