M8 Gotham 13.1 issues
Hi all,

I'm not new to xbmc, but I am new to xbmc on the android platform.

Recently bought an M8 android box, pre-loaded with Kit-Kat 4.4.2, I have installed Gotham 13.1 ARM version onto said box.

Added Fusion, and used the config wizard to set it up as I usually do as a starting ground. However, every movie app I go into (GOmovies, GOtv, Icefilms, Istream, Movie25,Yify) all come up with just a blank page. I've tried reinstalling Xbmc, restarting it. Doing a fresh start using the add on, but without success. I have also tried another box, as I have 5 of them, and none of them will work. My internet connection is definitely ok, so it's not that.

Also, my IR and my I8 remote that came with the box won't allow me to move around the on-screen keyboard, has anybody else had this problem with there remote? I can only type out the letters on my I8 but not using the directional arrows to move.

Does anybody have any idea's? or is having the same issue?

Thanks

LOG

I've noticed from my log that it says cpu-2 cores available, I thought these boxes were supposed to be quad core? Or are the other two cores for the GPU?
your thread will be moved
acemaxtec
I have a couple of M8's and both of them have Audio but no Video with Official Gotham. Just a permissions problem and easily fixed.

You have a totally different problem.

What firmware is in your M8 Boxes ?

Don't worry about it showing 2 cores. Most software isn't up to date with Quad cores. Check it with CPU-Z and it should show 4 cores.

Charles
(2014-07-01, 15:20)Mosc_007 Wrote: I have a couple of M8's and both of them have Audio but no Video with Official Gotham. Just a permissions problem and easily fixed.

You have a totally different problem.

What firmware is in your M8 Boxes ?

Don't worry about it showing 2 cores. Most software isn't up to date with Quad cores. Check it with CPU-Z and it should show 4 cores.

Charles
you need to use the sw with preinstalled XBMC, others will have audio/video issues.
acemaxtec
Actually you don't need to use the firmware with xbmc pre-installed. You just need to extract the Gotham.apk from the pre-installed firmware. Then you can install that Gotham.apk into any M8 firmware and it works.

That Gotham.apk is patched and it sets the permissions when it runs.

Charles
Hi Charles,

Cheers for the reply.

I have flashed the Finless 1.7 rom on kit-kat 4.4.2, and installed gotham 13.1 apk myself.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks

*Just to confirm, I've got 5 of these M8 boxes, and i've just tried the other ones, with the pre-installed xbmc and rom on them, and they're not working either. Driving me insane.
Here's the fix to solve issue, yes I had the same problem, installed gotham 13.1 on M8 last night then BAM NO PICTURE jus sound, almost exactly 24hrs of reading and watching vids I found the fix that worked for me so here the video below
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdWo7oxu-jc
PS all credit goes to supa chargedios but the reading and watchn vids is all me lol hope this help all my M8 users out there, flawless running xbmc....
Hi Daniel,

Cheers for the reply but thats not the problem i'm having, I'll try it anyway and see if it fixes my problem.

Thanks
(2014-07-01, 19:40)barnesy91 Wrote: Hi Charles,

Cheers for the reply.

I have flashed the Finless 1.7 rom on kit-kat 4.4.2, and installed gotham 13.1 apk myself.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks

*Just to confirm, I've got 5 of these M8 boxes, and i've just tried the other ones, with the pre-installed xbmc and rom on them, and they're not working either. Driving me insane.

Sorry, I havn't seen anything about the problem you are having. Maybe try the latest M8 firmware that has Gotham 13.1 pre installed. It's available on another site. Firmware date is 0617

Charles
This is driving me insane.

I flashed the 0617 firmware, tried again, No success.

I've installed a few video add ons and none of them are working.

Espn-There was an index error

Southpark.de-Error-Script failed

Youtube-Shows up videos, try to play one-playback failed-False

Please does anybody know? Or can upload there firmware?

Is there anyway i can check that these are legitimate M8 boxes?

Thanks

Thanks
(2014-07-02, 19:36)barnesy91 Wrote: This is driving me insane.

I flashed the 0617 firmware, tried again, No success.

I've installed a few video add ons and none of them are working.

Espn-There was an index error

Southpark.de-Error-Script failed

Youtube-Shows up videos, try to play one-playback failed-False

Please does anybody know? Or can upload there firmware?

Is there anyway i can check that these are legitimate M8 boxes?

Thanks

Thanks

All the add-ons that you are concerned about should be discussed at xbmchub.com. Maybe there is someone in those forums that understands your issues.

Good luck.
All the add-ons he mentioned are fine for discussing on XBMC.org
It's every single add on i try, except music ones, they seem to work fine which is strange.

I've put a thread up on there too, hopefully somebody can help me solve the issue.

SOLVED

If anybody else has this problem, then here is the solution;

You have bt homehub 4 or 5?

1. login to router
2. go to advanced settings
3. home network
4. smart setup
5. disable smart setup
(2014-07-02, 20:02)Ned Scott Wrote: All the add-ons he mentioned are fine for discussing on XBMC.org

Oops, I meant these ones from the original post.

"However, every movie app I go into (GOmovies, GOtv, Icefilms, Istream, Movie25,Yify) all come up with just a blank page."

My bad.
(2014-07-02, 21:48)atv2jber Wrote:
(2014-07-02, 20:02)Ned Scott Wrote: All the add-ons he mentioned are fine for discussing on XBMC.org

Oops, I meant these ones from the original post.

"However, every movie app I go into (GOmovies, GOtv, Icefilms, Istream, Movie25,Yify) all come up with just a blank page."

My bad.

Ah, I see. I actually glossed over the first post myself, so my bad as well :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M8 Gotham 13.1 issues0