Previous Or next chapter feature
Hey xbmc community, I enjoy skipping through chapters but aparently it does not work, can we add or fix this feature?
Chapters work for me! (When what I'm watching has chapters Wink)

Perhaps some more info is needed, such as XBMC version, platform its running on, etc etc.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
XBMC latest gotham windows release

the pc is windows7utlimate64bit, i7 3770k, 16gigs ram, xbmc on its ssd main boot drive, 4gb 680gtx vid card that outputs hdmi to yamaha receiver(with 5.1 energy take speakrs & a samsung 55" lcd tv hooked up from that)

The files are all chaptered correctly( checked by VLC and mkvmerge)
Are you controlling this with a keyboard or IR remote ? Default keymapping for a keyboard is, I believe, UP for chapter forwards, and DOWN for chapter previous.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
please provide a full Debug Log (put XBMC into debug mode, restart XBMC, play a movie, try skipping a chapter, put the debug log on pastebin or xbmclogs and post a link)
using regular microsoft sidewinder x4 usb keyboard
I will attempt to get a debug log

I have tried the keyboard shortcuts, When I press next chapter it goes to the next episode? I know the chapters work on these files but it does not even attempt to seek it out I do not believe
was going to grab a debug log but first my friend told me jsut try frodo 12.3 version and should work

went ahead and installed frodo and now chapters work correctly Big Grin

hopefully gotham gets this down the line or maybe mine was just broken
if you have a custom keymap you could be using the old frodo ones that were changed in gotham
Code:
ChapterOrBigStepForward    Go to to next chapter in video. If no chapters, then step forward 10 minutes in video. (v13 Gotham addition)
ChapterOrBigStepBack    Go to previous chapter in video, If no chapters, then step back 10 minutes in video. (v13 Gotham addition)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap#Actions
If i install gotham again you are saying i need a custom keymap that maps the buttons to old frodo chapters commands?

I currently do not have any custom keys mapped
I installed gotham again and can not locate any keymap files at the Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ location refered to in your link

an empty folder named keymaps though?

I made sure it deleted user profiles when uninstalled and switched back makes no sense why frodo does it fine, I will try this debug stuff and see if that helps
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=240278

there is the debug log file not sure what to look for
Chapter markers in MP4 file containers are broken in v13, but chapter markers in mkv's should still be working. *shrug*
he was playing a MKV. Having a short look on the debug log I'm unable to see when you pressed the "next chapter" buttons, but I'll forward it to a dev.
after some searching around and tinkering, I guess If i turn off "play the next video automatically" it will correctly change the chapters for 1 episode being played at a time.
I am curious as to why frodo would let me do this when it is a playlist of episodes from a full season and it cant in gotham :/
which buttons are you pressing exactly? PREV/NEXT? I actually expect those buttons to jump to the next item in queue instead of chapters. Try using skip/pageUpDown buttons instead (ChapterOrBigStepForward, ChapterOrBigStepBack)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Previous Or next chapter feature0