XMBC 13.1 on sumvision cyclone x2 - can't see the windows network anymore...
Exclamation 
hi guys

i've been running gotham for some time now on my sumvision cyclone x2. added my video library from a windows 7 pc through my home network. had no problems at all, but now all of a sudden it doesn't see any pc's in the network. tried uninstalling and getting the 13.1 release, but the issue is still the same.

any ideas ?

thanks
Firewall?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
dont even have an antivir on that pc, nevermind a firewall Tongue

nah, it was all working fine - nothing changed in setup on both ends. turned the box off one night, turned it back on in the morning and it happened.

i've seen quite a few people running into problems like that on other sites, but no reasonable solution.
Well normal networking diagnosis. Does the computer have an IP address? Can you ping it? can you ping from it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-12, 01:26)nickr Wrote: Well normal networking diagnosis. Does the computer have an IP address? Can you ping it? can you ping from it?

yes mate, it's my every day pc. use it all the time, can see the whole network on it which includes my original xbox, missus laptop etc. - just dont see the network from the box now.
You are confusing me. In one sentence you say it is seeing the other computers then you say you can't.
eh...i'm saying the cyclone x2 (the box) running the xbmc, has stopped seeing the network
And I suggested testing it - does it have an IP? Ping?
i've not checked the IP, but it obviously has one as it's connected to my router and when I'm on android - internet works fine, only when i start up the xbmc - it doesn't see the network. but all the addons like mashup for work fine.

yeah, just found the ip and pinged it without problems.
anyone ?
I've been reading about this WINS thing that SMB uses, and I'm starting to understand it a little more. When you can't browse SMB listings then it could be that the various computers on your network have decided to change the WINS server. When all the computers are on your local network they all talk to each other and using various factors, like who's been online the longest, they figure out one computer that acts as a WINS server that handles SMB browsing, name server, etc. Over time different computers will be online longer than others, so the WINS server switches to another computer, and sometimes that computer doesn't do a good job.

Rebooting various computers on your network will force them to re-evaluate which computer is best for the job, and that might fix the issue. You can also manually set which computer to use for WINS in XBMC under XBMC -> Settings -> Services -> SMB -> WINS, and type in the IP address of one of your PCs.
i'll give it a go then.
tried rebooting, tried manually typing my pc's IP as a WINS server on xbmc - still nothing...
Did you try the WINS suggestion?
yeah.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC 13.1 on sumvision cyclone x2 - can't see the windows network anymore...0