Maximum movie count?
Hello all. I have what may be an odd question, and am hoping that others can provide a quick answer as to whether or not I need to troubleshoot something else.

I've built an Unraid XBMC box running the last Frodo release. The box hosts a MySQL database so that other systems can share content from this unit. 12TB of storage (bit of a movie nut).

The drive(s) have over 1100 movies on them, but my library seems to have stopped adding/recognizing content after reaching 1024 movies. Has anyone else seen this? Is this an ID/Key limit in the database structure? Would there be different field/key size limits in MySQL as compared to a local library?

If it is a design limit, has it been resolved in later XBMC releases?

Thanks for any info that can be provided.
I use MySQL and have ~1300 movies. Nothing bad happened when I reached 1024.
Thanks, popcornmix. Was that on the Frodo release?
I have been on Gotham for some time, but pretty sure I has more than 1024 movies and was using MySQL when on Frodo.

Any reason not to update to Gotham?
While I don't expect it will fix this issue (as I've never heard of this issue), you'll probably find devs aren't going to spend a lot of time answering questions about a Frodo install.
I have 1142 movies, running Frodo 12.1 with MySql (Windows) without any issue.
1024 is a very interesting number for it to stop at though.

1024 Bytes in a Kilobyte.

1024 Kilobytes in a Megabyte

1024 Megabytes in a Gigabyte (and so on through Terabytes etc.)

1024 Movies in XBMC ?

Just saying ...
@dinger....:

Maybe it´s not an XBMC issue...could be an issue with the MySQL plugin for unraid?

Which UnRaid version do you use?
I have over 1,500 movies. I had over that amount with Eden, Frodo, and now Gotham. I have never had an issue.
over 1400 movies - running unraid - no problemos - also running gotham
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
~7000 movies, ~400 TV series. 185TB of space (~100TB in use). No issues.
(2015-03-29, 09:07)repstein Wrote: ~7000 movies, ~400 TV series. 185TB of space (~100TB in use). No issues.
~11000 movies, ~550 TV series. 250TB of space. Latest version. No issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maximum movie count?0