• 6(current)
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin
Hi Marcel,

I've got a couple of suggestions for improvements too:

1) When you load up a movies or tv shows tile for xbmb3c - it seems to have the left nav menu open before anything is showed, it then closes when the movies come up. Would it possible to start that with it closed?
2) There an "X" tile within any xbmb3c section which represents the ".." directory when you are in poster view. It would be nice to have an option to not show that, as most people will use the back button on the remote.

Cheers,
Marc.
Good news! The skin is now available in the official XBMC repo.

New features will always be first released on the XBMB3C repo for testing purposes and to get the best integration with MediaBrowser.
The official repo will only contain stable releases.

Current version in the official XBMC repo: 2.0.4

(2014-09-04, 14:45)marchaos Wrote: Hi Marcel,

I've got a couple of suggestions for improvements too:

1) When you load up a movies or tv shows tile for xbmb3c - it seems to have the left nav menu open before anything is showed, it then closes when the movies come up. Would it possible to start that with it closed?
2) There an "X" tile within any xbmb3c section which represents the ".." directory when you are in poster view. It would be nice to have an option to not show that, as most people will use the back button on the remote.

Cheers,
Marc.

Hi Marc,

1 --> took me a while to reproduce that one but now I've seen it I'll fix it in next release

2 --> Isn't this just that you have to hide the root folders in XBMC settings ?
The ".." means the parent directory, you can easily disable that behaviour in XBMC settings --> Appearance --> File lists --> Uncheck "show parent folder items"
(2014-09-03, 22:26)ullms Wrote: 2. Yes by that I mean multiple row & columns of banners. Aeon nox skin has a great example of this view.

That would be an awesome feature if you are able to figure out how to combine the databases into one view.

Maybe a toggle in the context menu to switch databases of the fly for within movies/TV shows? Until a solution is found.

I've added the additional view in version 2.0.5. Will be available on the xbmb3c repo first.

The library merge option is still work in progress... while i also help with the development of Mediabrowser/XBMB3C this might be something to implement on that site. Will keep you posted about the progress...
(2014-09-04, 22:39)marcelveldt Wrote: Good news! The skin is now available in the official XBMC repo.
Hi Marc,

1 --> took me a while to reproduce that one but now I've seen it I'll fix it in next release

2 --> Isn't this just that you have to hide the root folders in XBMC settings ?
The ".." means the parent directory, you can easily disable that behaviour in XBMC settings --> Appearance --> File lists --> Uncheck "show parent folder items"

Awesome. Didn't know about that. Another improvement - it would be nice to be able to turn of the confirm dialog when you add a timer. It says something like "Record <program>?" before showing the timer screen.
Been using v2.0.5 and noticed a couple things...

Not sure if the custom tiles are suppose to be working but I'm not having any luck setting them.

Also I have a bunch of blank tiles on the home screen.

I like the new banner view. Personally I prefer a vertical scroll but all the same thank you for the new view.
(2014-09-06, 04:47)ullms Wrote: Been using v2.0.5 and noticed a couple things...

Not sure if the custom tiles are suppose to be working but I'm not having any luck setting them.

Also I have a bunch of blank tiles on the home screen.

I like the new banner view. Personally I prefer a vertical scroll but all the same thank you for the new view.

Strange! Those blank tiles you see would be the custom tiles, but they should only be visible if you actively set them.
Wondering if any other users have this same issue ? On my testmachines it's working fine.
You can set the custom tiles in the skin settings --> enable/disable tiles --> at the bottom there are 5 entries you can set for custom, just click on one to set it's content.
The tile image will be set to the icon/thumb of the favourite you choose but you can also override that image in the skin settings.

I'll change the bannerplex view to vertical scroll if you want.

(2014-09-06, 00:28)marchaos Wrote: Awesome. Didn't know about that. Another improvement - it would be nice to be able to turn of the confirm dialog when you add a timer. It says something like "Record <program>?" before showing the timer screen.

I'm not shure if that can be disabled, think it's builtin bevaviour of xbmc or the pvr plugin you use.
But... it can be done with some custom entries in your keymap file, I'll let you know what I discover about this.
Never mind... I discovered the issue with the blank/custom tiles...
Created a fix for it and update will be available on the xbmb3c-repo within the next minutes.
Vertical scrolling would be nice and maybe another visible row.

Custom tile are working on my end now too.

Thanks for the quick updates!
I see a box for 3d films. I can't find anywhere to make custom menus
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-09-07, 16:42)patseguin Wrote: I see a box for 3d films. I can't find anywhere to make custom menus

Go to settings --> appearance --> skin settings
The first option is enable/disable tiles, scroll all the way down.
There you have 5 custom tiles you can set with a favorite.
Just click (or press ok with remote) on a custom entry and you can select an item from your xbmc favourites.
The tile image will be based on the thumb you have set for that favourite, if you want to set alternative image for the tiles, take a look at the "tile settings" option.
Sorry, where do i update the library? Is it possible to implement this in the sidemenu when in the movies/tv show view?
I'm having a small issue with the custom tiles... I can only get 4 out of the 5 tiles to work. The 4th tile in the list just seems to replicate the 5th tile. If no 5th tile is set then the 4th tile does nothing when clicked on the home screen. Confused

Oh, and I'm using v2.0.7

Other than this everything is fantastic and looks great!
(2014-09-07, 22:17)pettson3816 Wrote: Sorry, where do i update the library? Is it possible to implement this in the sidemenu when in the movies/tv show view?

fixed in version 2.0.8, thanks for the feedback

(2014-09-07, 22:25)chriskeens Wrote: I'm having a small issue with the custom tiles... I can only get 4 out of the 5 tiles to work. The 4th tile in the list just seems to replicate the 5th tile. If no 5th tile is set then the 4th tile does nothing when clicked on the home screen. Confused

Oh, and I'm using v2.0.7
Other than this everything is fantastic and looks great!

fixed in version 2.0.8, thanks for the feedback
Suggestions:

Classic Theme:
Dialogs/screens with grayish font on white backgrounds are really hard to read on my TV(64in Plasma).
-Including OSD finish time
-Extended View

Default Theme:
Maybe add a slight transparency to the OSD.
TV Station Logos not appearing on OSD.

Currently playing video as Background option
How to I upgrade to 2.0.8? I see only 2.0.4 in the repo
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan MediaBrowser skin14