• 4(current)
Xbox One controller Support
So I managed to get mine working by deleting a couple lines of code from the XML posted on here as a fix. I believe the lines were the ones that controlled scroll up and down with the axis. Not sure if it'll work for everyone, but here it is:
xbox360controllerkodixml
This also allowed my dpad buttons to function as normal
(2016-02-04, 22:01)lamb0985 Wrote: So I managed to get mine working by deleting a couple lines of code from the XML posted on here as a fix. I believe the lines were the ones that controlled scroll up and down with the axis. Not sure if it'll work for everyone, but here it is:
xbox360controllerkodixml

What all is working or not working?

I would try myself, but I am done with messing with this unless a dev wants to me try something towards actually fixing this.

Thanks.
(2016-02-04, 22:01)lamb0985 Wrote: So I managed to get mine working by deleting a couple lines of code from the XML posted on here as a fix. I believe the lines were the ones that controlled scroll up and down with the axis. Not sure if it'll work for everyone, but here it is:
xbox360controllerkodixml

I tried the same as a temporary workaround, however when I remove those lines (or set the Action to noop), the gamepad wouldn't work at all anymore.
No button is showing any reaction, and neither do the Analog-Sticks.

Wiki Wrote:noop No action. Used to specifically disable a key.

At first I thought Kodi might need to have all buttons assigned some action (even though it wouldn't make a lot of sense), so I assigned noop, but same issue there.

/edit
Actually nevermind, for some reason it does work, but very differently.
The D-Pad isn't reacting at all, but the Trigger buttons react, not always but they do and only scroll a single item per press, holding down does nothing. That's weird, wonder why I didn't have this before...
Heh. This just gets better.

So, I went to an older version, due to just TOUCHING my right joystick on my old Logitech Rumblepad2 (wireless) crashing Kodi (exception in main loop).

I edited the triggers out of that version (14.2) to get the triggers to stop wigging out.

I cannot use the right stick for volume unless I have the left trigger held. And it only works for left (VolumeDown) and up (VolumeUp).

I can use the dpad and a/b buttons fine and start a video but then it's stuck fast forwarding unless I hold both triggers in the correct order (right trigger held. hold left trigger).
This only changes it though as then it gets stuck rewinding and letting the left trigger go will fast forward again.

Strangely enough, I can hold the left trigger. Pause the video. Then unpause and it plays fine... Until I let go of the trigger.

I'm starting to think that TWO profiles are being loaded for some reason as the triggers were removed... Yet they both seem to still function (incorrectly).

As the one guy did, he did remove ALL profiles (XMLs) and it worked. Is there a way to log which XML files are loaded and what it thinks is detected?

I currently have my old logitech connected too, and I can switch between them just fine. It seems highly possible that it's loading two profiles for one controller.....

Edit:
Hmmm maybe not. Deleting the below line from the 14.2 XML makes the controller inoperable at all:
Code:
<altname>Controller (XBOX One For Windows)</altname>
Seems to only load one controller, but it's really screwy. It's 14.2, so probably to be expected, but it's the only stable one with a controller that 99.99% works besides needing an XML edit ALSO. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=191317

Can't be arsed to mess with this anymore without guidance from a dev. Sticking to my old rumblepad 2, hacked XML, and 14.2. May even downgrade further than that as 14.2 still has a possibility to crash... lol.
Maybe a stupid question and prob. is in this thread but is a game controller a good thing to use for a media centre (Just i hate it on the xbox one and use the xb1 remote) ?

Not judging just wondering the consensus.
Well, Kodi was actually XBMC. XBMC was actually XBMP. XBMP/XBMC was for the original xbox. It was actually more common to use a controller than a remote. For a remote, you had to buy an IR dongle (losing 1/4 controller ports) that came with a remote but you could also keymap any IR remote you wanted (still had to have the dongle, not included).

I already have a gamepad on PC for PC games that support it (you can force support too making keyboard/mouse to a gamepad) as well as console emulators (albeit, haven't in years).

A remote would likely need to be pointed at some IR sensor, which isn't that great for a normal desktop.

I use my already existing gamepad from bed to watch videos in Kodi and don't have to point at anything (RF) using a control scheme that has been the same for me for something like 10 years? more?

I think it would be a bit silly to buy a bluetooth remote just to control Kodi... Maybe if it was a STB for a living room, but I would still want to play games on that, so I would still have a wireless gamepad....
Agree'd ive use XBMC since it was XBMP but that was 13 years ago Smile

fair enuf like i said i was just curious
Always depends how and where you use the Setup I guess, also down to preference.
For me the Kodi Setup is on my regular gaming/work PC so it's nice to start games from within Kodi when sitting on the TV, having the controller in hand makes it easier.

If the setup were purely an HTPC a controller probably wouldn't make much sense (though it still comes down to preference), and a remote would make more sense (especially when you have a universal remote that also drives your TV and A/V, etc).

Currently it's kinda nasty to use Kodi on my TV tho, cause I am on Windows 10 and yeah... the threads says everything Sad
Yeah i was just intrigued why this would be a prefered option but i see the reasoning behind it even though its not my cup of tea i do have a XB1 controller setup for games on the PC.
It is now fixed (by microsoft). And the pad is working correctly with their latest drivers updates
Probably the xinput compatible hid driver 10.0.10586.122

Now at the same time, they screwed things up BIG time with many other programs monitoring joystick input.
Like eventghost is now loading 100% cpu with the joystick or HID plugin.

So well it is working in kodi but if you are using xpadder/eventghost/autohotkey or anything else to map special actions/programs to some of your pad buttons maybe you want to stop doing this for a while.
WOW MS Fixed something lets party!!!!! its a first
And it is genuine microsoft fix that breaks 2 to fix 1. Just like all my DIY work at home.
Mine too Smile fix the garage door, end up locked in and the handle for the door into the house wont operate. Been there!
(2016-03-02, 19:50)RazorFR Wrote: It is now fixed (by microsoft). And the pad is working correctly with their latest drivers updates
Probably the xinput compatible hid driver 10.0.10586.122

Now at the same time, they screwed things up BIG time with many other programs monitoring joystick input.
Like eventghost is now loading 100% cpu with the joystick or HID plugin.

So well it is working in kodi but if you are using xpadder/eventghost/autohotkey or anything else to map special actions/programs to some of your pad buttons maybe you want to stop doing this for a while.

Microsoft did not fix anything!!! They simply reverted to Xbox 360 axia configuration.

And, if my hunch is correct, it's because of the new universal app integration with Xbox One.

Anyway, I'm really glad this was fixed.

Xpadder here is working fine, but it's not detecting the controller with the old profile. You must create a new one. But the old profile will still work with all bindings intact.

Kodi was not the only application broken with the new axia's configuration, so Microsoft saw fit to fix it, and what better fix than reverting to a previous working state instead of forcing the devs to adapt their programs to the new controller? Wink
Sounds more like MS! Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One controller Support1