• 1(current)
Release Nebula 2.x for Kodi 14.x Helix
Nebula 2.x - Helix

Here is the home page of the skin on GitHub:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.n...tree/helix
Thanks for all your hard work.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanx +1
Very cool. I think i will stick to thisskin for a longer while Big Grin

May i suggest some things though?

When configuring the home menu shortcuts and submenus i saw the following strange thing:
in the section to configure the home menu ntries there is ONE live tv entry. while in the section to configure the submenues i see live tv two times. Bug?

Then some other thing:
could we somehow make things smaller Big Grin regarding the channel list in livetv? i mean there are only 4 items shown while the focused one is very big.
and in fullscreen view of a tv channel using the overlay channels list, there are only three channels visible at a time.

i would much more prefer to see 5-7 channels with only short infos about them as i always am able to see detailed information on pressing info if i want to.

i assume something similar is with radio but i didn'tz tried that.
one more thing: i see when something is playing the info bar at the screen top is hiding the current date and time.

could you think about a way of showing the time even when something is playing?
also i would need to see the current time when pressing info during fullscreen playback of a movie and live tv.

p.s. oh and something else which i don't know if it is the skin or xbmc itself, but from time to time the screen is slightly flickering white, just for a millisecond. i do not remeber somthing like that with other skins, though.

EDIT: it is indeed flickering only in nebula skin.
Thanks! I am using this on android. I'm having a little trouble using this on a touch screen, but it does work. Looking forward to watching this grow. Will test on a pi tonight.
Great skin, but is this skin fast enough for a Raspberry Pi to?
(2014-09-01, 14:51)a_user Wrote: When configuring the home menu shortcuts and submenus i saw the following strange thing:
in the section to configure the home menu ntries there is ONE live tv entry. while in the section to configure the submenues i see live tv two times. Bug?

Fixed in the latest revision:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.n...3584efbe50

Regarding your considerations, i'll consider them for the next releases.

Thanks

Tgx
you found out what's causing this strange flickering from time to time?
i observed that when wathing a movie (not tv) together with the flickering there seems to pop up a notification bar at the very top, but only more a milisecond.

when nothing is played i observe the flickering for example that some text/menu entries that are greyed out are for split second enabled colored.

this effects repeat periodically.

i'll observe this further and also am tryng out other skins to see if it happens with them too. for now i didn't observed anything similar. don't know how to help better at this.
i must say, the more i use this skin, the more i love it. currently i can't decide which theme to use, the dark one or the light one. both are looking great, but somehow i tend to the light one, even though my gnome/gtk3 is themed dark on this htpc...
(2014-09-03, 00:22)a_user Wrote: you found out what's causing this strange flickering from time to time?
i observed that when wathing a movie (not tv) together with the flickering there seems to pop up a notification bar at the very top, but only more a milisecond.

when nothing is played i observe the flickering for example that some text/menu entries that are greyed out are for split second enabled colored.

this effects repeat periodically.

i'll observe this further and also am tryng out other skins to see if it happens with them too. for now i didn't observed anything similar. don't know how to help better at this.

Sorry. No flickering at all on my mac and windows systems. Maybe a conflicting add-on? Is this only happening on helix? On gotham?

Thanks

Tgx
well, i only have xbmc helix installed. but i will try the gothem version of the skin to see if that happens.

it is really strange to see a white popup apearing at the very top of the screen for 1/3 second and disapearing. it popups 2 or 3 times and then its gone. a minute later it apears again.

this happens only during a movie playback, not live tv.

though when nothing is playing some text is flickering sometimes within the settings menues or elsewhere...

i try to find out more.

p.s. i do not have any extra addons installed beside youtube, rdio (music streaming addon) and the automatically installed stuff.
ok, it also happens with the gotham version of your skin.

BUT this time i could read what's saying on that popup, it's:
"All Channels"

At least on one of that very fast 2 or 3 popups its written. it started about 6 min into the movie and now comes every minute.

i repeat, that is not tv playback! and this is so far the only skin doing this.

p.s. would be helpfull being able to see the playback progress when bringing up the osd with info btw.

an addition:
when i stopped the movie i and went back to the home menu i see the whole screen flickering for a splitsecond and then the submenu items above "Movies" flickering in sequence, at first "Recently added", then "recommended" and finall "Random" and than "
(2014-09-03, 14:13)a_user Wrote: ok, it also happens with the gotham version of your skin.

BUT this time i could read what's saying on that popup, it's:
"All Channels"

At least on one of that very fast 2 or 3 popups its written. it started about 6 min into the movie and now comes every minute.

i repeat, that is not tv playback! and this is so far the only skin doing this.

p.s. would be helpfull being able to see the playback progress when bringing up the osd with info btw.

an addition:
when i stopped the movie i and went back to the home menu i see the whole screen flickering for a splitsecond and then the submenu items above "Movies" flickering in sequence, at first "Recently added", then "recommended" and finall "Random" and than "

Which system is running your xbmc? Win, mac, linux, android? Specs? Are you using a mouse or keyboard or remote?

Tgx
ubuntu 14.10, am using my remote control, but also a keyboard.
ir receiver is on the case, not using the one from my haupauge nova 2 hd.

it is an haswell intel 4330 with 8 GB ram, samsung ssd + twu hdd's.

meanhile i disabled webaccess and allow to control xbmc with remote programs just to be sure. will report back if i discover something new.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nebula 2.x for Kodi 14.x Helix3