• 4(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
Hi Calum!

I am very glad you have it fixed. Would you mind to share the solution?
(2014-12-10, 17:49)sqldev Wrote: Hi Calum!

I am very glad you have it fixed. Would you mind to share the solution?
My log showed I was using the wrong xbmc GUI. I did some searching and realized the GUI it was looking for was the gothem version. That made me suspect I had the wrong file so I downloaded the skin again. The file size was slightly bigger so something was changed. Either the file I had was incorrect or the author fixed something, honestly I don't know. Either way loading the new, to me, file worked and after going through setting it up, its fantastic.

Now I just need to get it to default to a different item in the home menu.... The searching continues.
Sorry this has been quiet for a while but things have been getting in the way and I've started work on creating my own skin. I have made a few more changes and updated to 1.7.2 which is how on Github,

New layout for keyboard to improve usability.
Fixed some dialogs due to amended id's for Kodi 14 e.g. Media Source configuration dialog.
Fixed some more layout issues e.g. Movie Information, LRC lyrics.

Let me know if you have nay other issues and I will try and fix them.

For those looking at the commit I'm not sure what I am doing wrong with the formatting of tabs but it is getting rather messy so some advice would be appreciated. I am using notepad++ to make the changes with Tab set to 2 spaces and the pretty XML plugin to help with indenting.

Thanks
Just post changes only and leave formatting as is. Pretty formatting won't make skin run better but will mess things on GitHub quite a bit as it will mark the whole XML as new/changed, making it impossible to track what actually changed.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@joethepartylion please see https://github.com/anaconda/skin.amber/c...elix-fixes - I have a number of fixes based on top of Fneufneu's PR (your PR with indentation - partially - fixed).
Details here: https://github.com/Fneufneu/skin.amber/pull/1
I have a new install of Kodi on a firetv and when I try to add the addon from the zip I get the message

addon does not have the correct structure.

Huh
Running latest nightly of Helix + plexbmc v. 3.5.5. Just updated Amber skin to v. 1.7.2 from github and suddenly the home shelfs don't appear for my libraries!? No script error or anything like that. I can access the libraries fine and play everything. Everything was working perfect with v. 1.7.1, home shelfs and everything. Also tried Helix RC3 but same thing. Haven't changed any settings and double checked everything.

Please help!

And if home shelf is broken with plexbmc, where can I find v. 1.7.1 and roll back?

Thanks for your work, Loving amber with plexbmc!
(2014-12-11, 19:42)rcrh Wrote: I have a new install of Kodi on a firetv and when I try to add the addon from the zip I get the message

Huh
Did you rename the file amber.skin?
(2014-12-12, 01:25)Calum Wrote:
(2014-12-11, 19:42)rcrh Wrote: I have a new install of Kodi on a firetv and when I try to add the addon from the zip I get the message

Huh

I didn't get a file by that name. I downloaded
skin.amber-master.zip
(2014-12-12, 01:33)rcrh Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 01:25)Calum Wrote:

Huh

skin.amber-master.zip

As far as I know, just rename it skin.amber (I was wrong above) so that Kodi recognizes it.
(2014-12-12, 02:03)Calum Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 01:33)rcrh Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 01:25)Calum Wrote: Did you rename the file amber.skin?

skin.amber-master.zip

As far as I know, just rename it skin.amber (I was wrong above) so that Kodi recognizes it.

I'm assuming you mean skin.amber.zip.
I'll give it a try.
Hang on. I just unpacked the zip file and at it uncompresses into a folder called skin.amber.master. I'm going to try renaming that directory and rezipping it.
(2014-12-12, 00:22)Hufvudet Wrote: Running latest nightly of Helix + plexbmc v. 3.5.5. Just updated Amber skin to v. 1.7.2 from github and suddenly the home shelfs don't appear for my libraries!? No script error or anything like that. I can access the libraries fine and play everything. Everything was working perfect with v. 1.7.1, home shelfs and everything. Also tried Helix RC3 but same thing. Haven't changed any settings and double checked everything.

Please help!

And if home shelf is broken with plexbmc, where can I find v. 1.7.1 and roll back?

Does anybody have version 1.7.1 still? Would really appreciate if someone could send me that version.
(2014-12-12, 02:40)rcrh Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 02:03)Calum Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 01:33)rcrh Wrote: I didn't get a file by that name. I downloaded
skin.amber-master.zip

I'll give it a try.
Hang on. I just unpacked the zip file and at it uncompresses into a folder called skin.amber.master. I'm going to try renaming that directory and rezipping it.

Still no luck with this repository. I tried unzipping it, changing the directory name, and rezipping it. Kodi says the file doesn't have the right structure.

Not sure what to do now. Is there a reason this isn't in the kodi repository?
(2014-12-12, 23:56)rcrh Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 02:40)rcrh Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 02:03)Calum Wrote: As far as I know, just rename it skin.amber (I was wrong above) so that Kodi recognizes it.

I'll give it a try.

Still no luck with this repository. I tried unzipping it, changing the directory name, and rezipping it. Kodi says the file doesn't have the right structure.

Not sure what to do now. Is there a reason this isn't in the kodi repository?
Take the original unzipped file, leave it alone otherthen renaming it, and use that. Otherwise you'll need to take a log and upload it.
(2014-12-12, 16:49)Hufvudet Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 00:22)Hufvudet Wrote: Running latest nightly of Helix + plexbmc v. 3.5.5. Just updated Amber skin to v. 1.7.2 from github and suddenly the home shelfs don't appear for my libraries!? No script error or anything like that. I can access the libraries fine and play everything. Everything was working perfect with v. 1.7.1, home shelfs and everything. Also tried Helix RC3 but same thing. Haven't changed any settings and double checked everything.

Please help!

Does anybody have version 1.7.1 still? Would really appreciate if someone could send me that version.

I just checked, I still have a copy. Send me a pm with your email.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4