.NFO doesn't work
Question 
I have some TV episodes that are foreign made and not in TVDB.

Is there any tutorial on how to draft the .nfo file so the episodes will show up in library?

I've read http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files

But I don't want to create multiple NFO files for each episodes. May I create one for the series?

For example, I have the following file structure:

C:\Episodes\ABC-Shows
C:\Episodes\ABC-Shows\ABC-Shows-ep01.avi
C:\Episodes\ABC-Shows\ABC-Shows-ep02.avi
C:\Episodes\ABC-Shows\ABC-Shows-ep03.avi

How may I get these shown up in my library (as the scraper cannot match them online)?

Thank you very much!
Why not add them to tvdb no? Much simpler and available therefore to all community.
Use a program such as MediaElch. If you want the episodes to show up after scraping, you have to create tvshow.nfo and .nfo files for each episodes. You can just create tvshow.nfo but the episodes will not be scraped in.
I created the tvshow.nfo and the .nfo for the episode. I also set the scraper to use local info. But the scraper didn't find it.

Here's the xbmc.log:

16:27:21 T:5016 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
16:27:21 T:5016 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc
16:27:21 T:5016 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanStarted
16:27:21 T:5016 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'West' using Local information only scraper (path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\metadata.local', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.0.0')
16:27:21 T:5016 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:27:21 T:5016 WARNING: No information found for item 'D:\Temp\Episodes\West\', it won't be added to the library.
16:27:21 T:5016 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir D:\Temp\Episodes\
16:27:21 T:5016 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00

Here's the file structure:

D:\Temp\Episodes\West
D:\Temp\Episodes\West\tvshow.nfo
D:\Temp\Episodes\West\West.ep01.mkv
D:\Temp\Episodes\West\West.ep01.nfo

What are the minimal required fields in the nfo?

Thank you very much!
(2014-10-06, 22:16)uNiversal Wrote: Why not add them to tvdb no? Much simpler and available therefore to all community.

Well that's the best thing to do in my opinion too, after all you were able to scrape other tv shows because somebody updated the database.
ya, but still want to figure out how the NFO works. Thanks!
Can you please paste the content from the "tvshow.nfo" and from "West.ep01.nfo" to a pastebin-site and provide the link?

The naming from your tv-show isn't correct, too. The structure should look like this:

D:\TV-Shows (as the source)
D:\TV-Shows\West\ ("West" is the name of the show...first subfoler)
D:\TV-Shows\West\Season 1\ (second subfolder)
and now the files...
D:\TV-Shows\West\Season 1\S01E01.mkv ("S01" stand for the season number 1 "E01" stands for episode number 1)
D:\TV-Shows\West\Season 1\S01E02.mkv
D:\TV-Shows\West\Season 1\S01E03.mkv
the .nfo files for the the episodes have to be named like this:
D:\TV-Shows\West\Season 1\S01E01.nfo
D:\TV-Shows\West\Season 1\S01E02.nfo
D:\TV-Shows\West\Season 1\S01E03.nfo

Try it this way.

Greetings
(2014-10-07, 09:23)David1977 Wrote: Can you please paste the content from the "tvshow.nfo" and from "West.ep01.nfo" to a pastebin-site and provide the link?

The naming from your tv-show isn't correct, too. The structure should look like this:

and now the files...
D:\TV-Shows\West\Season 1\S01E01.mkv ("S01" stand for the season number 1 "E01" stands for episode number 1)

Try it this way.

Greetings

You can leave without a season subfolder, but you have to rename your files like David said, you were missing the season part in your files.

D:\TV-Shows\West\West.S01E01.mkv
(2014-10-07, 09:23)David1977 Wrote: Can you please paste the content from the "tvshow.nfo" and from "West.ep01.nfo" to a pastebin-site and provide the link?

and now the files...

Try it this way.

Greetings

David,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried it but didn't work. According to the Wiki, there are multiple formats of naming convention.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nam...le_episode

Quote:With season

The most common scenario.
anything_s01e02.ext
anything_s1e2.ext
anything_s01.e02.ext
anything_s01_e02.ext
anything_1x02.ext
anything_102.ext

Without season

In cases where you only have one season (or are using absolute order in the TVDB scraper), you may want to forego the inclusion of the season number.
anything_ep02.ext
anything_ep_02.ext

I'm using the one as "anything_ep02.ext".

Here's the content of the NFO. I'm not sure if they are correct. I just want to create a NFO with minimal content.

tvshow.nfo:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
  <title>West</title>
  <year></year>
  <rating></rating>
  <plot></plot>
  <runtime></runtime>
  <mpaa></mpaa>
  <genre>Animation / Children / Family</genre>
  <premiered></premiered>
  <studio></studio>
  <id></id>
  <sortorder>default</sortorder>
  <language>en</language>
</tvshow>

West.s01e01.nfo (which matches with West.s01e01.mkv file):

Code:
<episodedetails>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video />
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <title>West01</title>
  <season></season>
  <episode>01</episode>
  <aired></aired>
  <plot></plot>
  <playcount></playcount>
  <director></director>
  <credits></credits>
  <rating></rating>
  <runtime></runtime>
</episodedetails>
Ok...I presume you have only one TV-Show in this source? Did you set the source as containing only one TV-Show, or how did you set the source up?

I saw one issue in your "episode.nfo"

Code:
<episodedetails>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video></video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <title>West01</title>
  <season></season>
  <episode>01</episode>
  <aired></aired>
  <plot></plot>
  <playcount></playcount>
  <director></director>
  <credits></credits>
  <rating></rating>
  <runtime></runtime>
</episodedetails>

you did a typo between the "streamdetails"-tag....the "<video />"-thing....above is the correct way. The other nfo looks quite ok. XBMC has this horrible way, that if one tag isn´t ended, it ignores the following tags below this issue in the nfo. So one mistake at the beginning, and the whole nfo is ignored. Wink

I think your issue comes up, because you didn´t set up the source in the correct way. But I´m only guessing Wink. If you have only one tv-show in this source, you have to set p the source in a proper way, so that XBMC will not search for other tv-shows. To take care about how to set up the source in the tv-show part of XBMC is very important. So I would check this, too if the correction of the typo from above doesn´t help.

Greetings
Question 
(2014-10-07, 15:12)David1977 Wrote: Ok...I presume you have only one TV-Show in this source? Did you set the source as containing only one TV-Show, or how did you set the source up?

I saw one issue in your "episode.nfo"

Code:
<episodedetails>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video></video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <title>West01</title>
  <season></season>
  <episode>01</episode>
  <aired></aired>
  <plot></plot>
  <playcount></playcount>
  <director></director>
  <credits></credits>
  <rating></rating>
  <runtime></runtime>
</episodedetails>

you did a typo between the "streamdetails"-tag....the "<video />"-thing....above is the correct way. The other nfo looks quite ok. XBMC has this horrible way, that if one tag isn´t ended, it ignores the following tags below this issue in the nfo. So one mistake at the beginning, and the whole nfo is ignored. Wink

I think your issue comes up, because you didn´t set up the source in the correct way. But I´m only guessing Wink. If you have only one tv-show in this source, you have to set p the source in a proper way, so that XBMC will not search for other tv-shows. To take care about how to set up the source in the tv-show part of XBMC is very important. So I would check this, too if the correction of the typo from above doesn´t help.

Greetings

I corrected the typo (also tried to delete the "fileinfo" section as I don't need it). Didn't seem to make a difference.

Regarding the "only one tv show", I tried two different ways:

1) I tried to put another show into the source folder. Makes no difference.
2) I tried to turn on the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" option (as shown on screenshot). Makes no difference.

Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.NFO doesn't work0