Req 3D subtitles support
(2014-11-13, 16:02)da-anda Wrote: there was no change in Helix in this regard. And yes, 2D subtitles will work for 2D and 3D playback. But 3D (sbs/tab) subtitles won't work atm - regardless on the video encoding (MVC, sbs/tab)

Thanks for the info. As far as I can tell, when I rip a 3D video to mvc using MakeMKV the subs remain unaltered. Or at least they aren't being converted to 3D. That's the only part of the mvc files I've been using. The rest just gets trashed. I don't even bother ripping the audio since DVDFab can take care of that.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I'm having this problem as well. I found a bug report from 2012:
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/14762
there is work in progress on this, see PR6231
Any update on progress?
see PR:6231
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Will you please support automatic unpacking and playing of rarred subtitles .sub files not the .idx files, made with vsfilter. I have rarred them for my whole collection of xvid avis, because of the high compression ratio 80.

If you can make this possible I would be very happy and I can, for the first time, watch my movies without touching my collection and keeping the space.

Thank you for this program
Hard drive space is cheap. Ditch rar.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-03, 10:44)nickr Wrote: see PR:6231

Sorry I suck at code, I can see some things were changed which I guess allows for 3D subs, does this need to be edited manually and pushed to the device? (AFTV)
All I am saying is that the PR is where you can see progress.
jmcquire525 - as long as PR6231 does not show up as "merged" this feature is not implemented. Once it has the status "merged" it's available in nightly builds.
The new SPMC based on 14.1 fixes this issue
I have same problem, subtitles duplicated, does not have problem when I play same one on my Asus media player. I will say it is a bug to be fixed.
have you tried an srt?
(2015-02-21, 20:52)nickr Wrote: have you tried an srt?

srt is fine, but no 3d effect, I mean no pop out effect. Normally I use 3DSubtitler to make 3D subtitle from SRT, it creates idx/Sub picture based subtitles, works great on my ASUS Oplay Air and Himedia media players.
(2015-02-23, 02:12)newnews Wrote:
(2015-02-21, 20:52)nickr Wrote: have you tried an srt?

srt is fine, but no 3d effect, I mean no pop out effect. Normally I use 3DSubtitler to make 3D subtitle from SRT, it creates idx/Sub picture based subtitles, works great on my ASUS Oplay Air and Himedia media players.

I believe those will only work if they're muxed in.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D subtitles support1