• 19(current)
Google Nexus Player
Which was ? I tried with a lot of skins and Kodi still crashes.
Does anyone know if there will be any variants of this box? Say with an ethernet port?
Not that I know of, no.
Reverted back to Gotham 13.2 (the ADT-1 version posted earlier on this topic), look like it's working now.. Hope this issue will be resolved anytime soon.

Can't help much as I'm not skilled enough.

By the way I'm starting to wonder if there is any improvement into XBMC inside this Android TV version because vanilla Gotham 13.2 got me some crashes too.

Fun fact, this build is for ARM...

Maybe our issues have somehting to do with the Intel processor of the Nexus Player ?

Maybe I should try the ARM version of Kodi. I will wait for feedback before that.
After reading this post, I downgraded from RC2 to Beta 1 and have not had any crashing problems. Have any of you tried RC3? If so, does it still crash while playing video, or is it as stable as Beta 1?

(2014-12-04, 04:24)sublimnl Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 00:16)ktownhero Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 21:24)Martijn Wrote: Our version works fine.

I am able to use Kodi Beta 1, but anything past Beta 1 constantly crashes when playing video. This includes RC1.

Hopefully the team is aware of this issue!
Same. I have tried disabling hw accel, disabling stagefright, disabling mediacodec, the advancedsettings.xml changes to buffer size and something else I cant remember right now, and tried gotham 13.2 and all versions from 14b3 onwards. Never tried 14b1...I will give that a shot - thanks for the info.
Playing RC3+ just fine on my just received Nexus Player
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-12-15, 21:09)Martijn Wrote: Playing RC3+ just fine on my just received Nexus Player

Thanks for the quick response. I'll update to RC3 when I get home from work (a couple hours from now).
I also have had no crashes, except when trying to load certain video files, in kodi and my nexus player.
(2014-12-15, 21:19)enchanter100 Wrote: I also have had no crashes, except when trying to load certain video files, in kodi and my nexus player.

then we need to find out which type of videos cause the crashing.
~50mb samples would be great which can reproduce the issue.

Or at least the mediainfo of those files
You can use this program to get that https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/
I tried a few videos with RC3 and they all crashed after several minutes. Alas I have yet to spend much time with it and I didn't tweak many settings or anything like that. So I can't provide any useful info to this discussion other than to say that I too have crashes.
PLayed a full movie and it's perfect. Will go through my library and see which ones cause crashes
I have it figured out. Any movie I converted using mkv2vob for my ps3 would do it. So I just keep em mkv or convert them to avi. No biggie.
(2014-12-15, 21:41)enchanter100 Wrote: I have it figured out. Any movie I converted using mkv2vob for my ps3 would do it. So I just keep em mkv or convert them to avi. No biggie.

Can you please create a small sample for me? Or perhaps upload it to some place where I could download it? Can do it through PM if you want to not make it public. We shouldn't crash on any video so it needs to be fixed
I can give you a link for one that crashed many times.

I'm pretty sure latest nightly won't crach on mine if I stick with ARM version, and that's weird. Pretty stable on ARM here.
Using RC3 on my Nexus Player.. All my rips are video_ts folders and play like butter.. The only issue I have (if I can really call it that) is that when I stop a movie it can take a good 20/30 seconds before it returns to the movie list screen. As I said- don't know if that's a bug, but at the end of the day it's no biggie. Very happy with this setup and the Nexus Player itself..

Been looking for a replacement for my HTPC and think I just found it..
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Nexus Player7