• 3(current)
fire tv stick
Koying I use BubbleUPNP to stream content from my DLNA server to the chromecast. As for the Amazon stick I might have to pick on up for $39 I use my amazon gift balance 99% of the time since I use swagbucks to get amazon giftcards. As for the device itself it can can run XBMC that would be sweet.
(2014-10-27, 20:28)drew_willy Wrote:
(2014-10-27, 20:17)hdmkv Wrote:
(2014-10-27, 19:40)drew_willy Wrote: Doesn't the description on the amazon page suggest that you can mirror your Android device on it, suggesting devices other than Kindle HDX will be supported? Plus, I think it says iOS devices can also fling streaming video to the fire tv stick. Right?

Mirroring I believe is only via Kindle "HDX", unless I'm mistaken. For flingling content, the description says, "You can even fling music and movies from your iOS or Android device to your TV with apps such as YouTube and Spotify Premium." So, maybe it's for certain apps. I'll need to try seeing if I can fling YouTube from my iPhone 5 to Fire TV.

"Use your iOS or Android device to fling music and movies to your HDTV—and control playback—from apps like YouTube and Spotify. Or, share movies, TV shows, music, and photos from your compatible tablet or phone with everyone in your living room using display mirroring. What you see on your... Android device is exactly what you’ll see on your big screen."

Doesn't the bolded part sound like you can mirror the screen of an Android device?

Miracast is what they mean

Most android devices (AFAIK) as well as windows machines support mirroring through miracast
Damn, I guess I was a little slow at this. I ordered two and it shows delivery date of December 12th. At least bugs well be worked out by then hopefully.
Do you pay for them now or when they ship?
When they ship.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-10-27, 23:03)Topken Wrote: Koying I use BubbleUPNP to stream content from my DLNA server to the chromecast.
I stream directly to my smart TV or to Kodi Wink
For only $19? Why the hell not? I ordered two of them. Big Grin
Definition of impulse buy at $20. Also ordered 2 of them. Hoping to just copy my FTV SPMC setup to each of them.
too bad i'm not a Prime user (
Impulse buy too, ordered 2 as a prime member, what the heck!
I just ordered one to play with as well. January 5th estimated delivery. must be selling a lot of these.
Regardless if this stick can be rooted it will always be possible to sideload XBMC, correct?
Its only 20bucks for a limited time, Prime only members... I ordered one for that price.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
i dont see in the audio specs that it plays DTS. do you guys see that?
(2014-10-28, 21:11)gregh77 Wrote: i dont see in the audio specs that it plays DTS. do you guys see that?

Fire TV doesn't natively support DTS either but DTS works in Kodi/SPMC.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fire tv stick1