• 18(current)
fire tv stick
Did you forget to go into the settings and turn on developer mode?
I had an earlier version of the FTV fire Tv utility. The new version seems to be working fine now. However, on this Icon thing - it still only changes the RECENT icon, not the main Ikono TV thumbnail. Interestingly, when you use ES File Explorer_3.1.2.apk and go to change that icon manually, it shows the Kodi thumbnail as the one in use. Weird!

So, I'd love to see a screen shot showing where the actual ikonoTv thumbnail Icon has been changed, not just the recent at the screen top.

I once again installed FiredTv, launched it, and it looks good; until you either go into the sleep mode, or access the Amazon fire TV home screen. Once you do that, it stubbornly
reverts to it's stock home screen operation, and stays there. It DOES NOT boot into the FiredTV launcher. Same as always....

Any thought there?
just had another thought - How about setting up another event in Llama that then kicks starts FireTv when one of the other apps starts at boot up?
So, then, indirectly booting into Kodi....? I'll have to think about what to use that happens at boot up, but otherwise just sits there.

Any thoughts there??
(2015-04-09, 05:03)MicMack Wrote: just had another thought - How about setting up another event in Llama that then kicks starts FireTv when one of the other apps starts at boot up?
So, then, indirectly booting into Kodi....? I'll have to think about what to use that happens at boot up, but otherwise just sits there.

Any thoughts there??

I have Llama boot directly to Kodi with the following event:

Condition: Phone Reboot -> After start up
Action: Run Application -> Kodi
Thanks! I'll give that a shot. It sounds like the best idea so far.
Guys, question not related directly to Kodi. But related to FTV stick. Do you have any connectivity issues with 5GHz? I was losing connection a few times a day. Not critical, but annoying. Then switched to 2GHz and for the last couple days things are smooth. Maybe just coincidence though.
It is worth it to go to the fire TV. Faster better wifi and a better remote. The remote on the stick is spongy.
The stick is ok but to me it seems a bit laggy when navigating menus and such.
I mean if you are super limited on funds or want it just for a bedroom TV not being used much it would be fine
(2015-04-11, 15:00)ilovemymac Wrote: It is worth it to go to the fire TV. Faster better wifi and a better remote. The remote on the stick is spongy.
The stick is ok but to me it seems a bit laggy when navigating menus and such.
I mean if you are super limited on funds or want it just for a bedroom TV not being used much it would be fine

Could you please provide source for better wifi than the Stick? Have both and I haven't notice anything checked the settings and same bars even better for the stick who has the extra cord for hdmi and use thats as antenna to my understanding.

For streaming movies and music i would say they are both equals. Even if specs shows better for the Box. Kodi runs just as fine on the stick as on the box. I use my stick more than the box and no signs of lagg in navigation. I really appreciate to have the stick hidden behind the tv.

To answer barber76 questions regarding 5Ghz: On the 5Ghz band the range is much shorter than on 2.4Ghz. I had to buy a new router in a new apartment because the walls where very thick. On the 5Ghz band I didn't get full bars in the living room with my devices. 5Ghz band is superior for streaming video compared to 2.4Ghz. I would try to change channel on the router on the 5Ghz band and test it.
I have no idea if one is better than the other. The box is wired, the stick is wireless. However, there have been no noticeable problems with wifi. I would not say it is any better or worse than any of the other wireless streamers I have either.
Somebody mentioned here earlier about using llama to load the ikono tv app onto recent apps. You can now download the kodi app directly from amazon, and then go to the account settings on the stick and choose sync apps. A Kodi app will appear on your recent apps. Much easier, and less time consuming than the previous method.
(2015-04-13, 10:28)quicksterdnb Wrote: Somebody mentioned here earlier about using llama to load the ikono tv app onto recent apps. You can now download the kodi app directly from amazon, and then go to the account settings on the stick and choose sync apps. A Kodi app will appear on your recent apps. Much easier, and less time consuming than the previous method.

Wow! So was it just added to Amazon apps list? So far Kodi Wiki only lists Kodi installation as pushing 'app from unknown source'. As I guess everyone on this thread did.
It is amazing it is in the Amazon apps now and on the Fire home screen. It is finally wife friendly.

On another note because I skimmed the above so I went looking for it in the app store. That thing has exploded with streaming channels since the last time I checked. They are wasting no time going after their competition with this thing.

I have waited YEARS for a STB/Stick that had Netflix, Amazon, and my local media under one hood. I have more media devices in my closet than an electronics store.

If someone can get airplay working (since Apple can't seem to) I really will have all my wishlist items checked off.
(2015-04-13, 19:40)barber76 Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 10:28)quicksterdnb Wrote: Somebody mentioned here earlier about using llama to load the ikono tv app onto recent apps. You can now download the kodi app directly from amazon, and then go to the account settings on the stick and choose sync apps. A Kodi app will appear on your recent apps. Much easier, and less time consuming than the previous method.

Wow! So was it just added to Amazon apps list? So far Kodi Wiki only lists Kodi installation as pushing 'app from unknown source'. As I guess everyone on this thread did.

You still have to sideload Kodi itself. That's just talking about getting the Kodi icon to show up under the "recent" tab on the Fire TV home screen.
Ah well.. it is still a major improvement. I wish the icon had Kodi written on it.
>> You can now download the kodi app directly from amazon, and then go to the account settings on the stick and choose sync apps. A Kodi app will appear on your recent apps.

I've noticed the Kodi icon will disappear off the recent screen from time to time. I don't know if this only happens when the Fire TV Stick's firmware is updated or some other event removes it. The 'sync apps' option never seems to do anything from what I can tell - even after a restart.

I can get the icon back by de-registering and registering my account but that's a major pain to do with a remote. Anyone know a better way when this happens?

If it's only when Amazon updates firmware, that's not too bad. But, if it happens more often that could be a pain to deal with.

(side-note - I do have another way to simplify keyboard input on the Fire TV/Stick. I have a perl script which will allow your keyboard to submit keyboard input to the connected Android device. Just connect your device (ie: adb connect 192.168.0.100 or your FTV's IP) and run the script). I've tested on a Mac but I don't see why it wouldn't work on Windows if you have Perl installed. -- http://pastebin.com/Ky6K0016)
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fire tv stick1