• 19(current)
New HiMedia Q5
(2015-06-02, 17:38)hdmkv Wrote: Yes. Just e-mailed them again today, requesting they focus on fixing bugs I noted.

Any word from them
(2015-06-08, 03:02)Ned Scott Wrote: My answer is that anything I suggest as an alternative will be up for debate about "hassle". I would argue that a Windows or Linux alternative with external players could be done with less of what I consider "hassle". I would argue that dealing with external players or special builds on a Q5 is not better than doing so on x86 platforms. I would even argue that some people would be better off and feel it is less of a hassle to use two physically different devices and use media stubs (wiki) in Kodi. At least that would have long term support and could be counted on, rather than this absurd wrapper solution. How is that any better than some of the x86 external player options out there? You will never have the full Kodi feature set, period.

You guys love a hacky solution, great, good for you. It's good to know how far people will bend over backwards for certain 3D video file formats.

Using Windows and external player to play Bluray 3D is more a hassle the using and Android Media box.
Most of us in this thread had HTPC/w external player(PDVD or TMT6),before converting to the Android box.

If Kodi with windows or standalone kodi was working properly with Bluray 3D, i don't think most of us will be here will be trying to look for (cheap made Android box) other alternative than windows.

I will like to have one box that does it all,but so far there's none.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I do agree its not good using wrapper.
If Kodi supported this chipset it would be a very good box.
I am thinking about returning.
(2015-06-08, 15:57)Nekromantik Wrote: I do agree its not good using wrapper.
If Kodi supported this chipset it would be a very good box.
I am thinking about returning.

i don't agree:
one the big advenge with Q5 is Image and Display Processing (Imprex Processing Engine) and "LIVE" menu setting.
I think this not possible with kodi , it must need fork of kodi and i don't like fork . For me is better wrapper with pros and cons.
IMMO
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-06-08, 15:07)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 03:02)Ned Scott Wrote: My answer is that anything I suggest as an alternative will be up for debate about "hassle". I would argue that a Windows or Linux alternative with external players could be done with less of what I consider "hassle". I would argue that dealing with external players or special builds on a Q5 is not better than doing so on x86 platforms. I would even argue that some people would be better off and feel it is less of a hassle to use two physically different devices and use media stubs (wiki) in Kodi. At least that would have long term support and could be counted on, rather than this absurd wrapper solution. How is that any better than some of the x86 external player options out there? You will never have the full Kodi feature set, period.

You guys love a hacky solution, great, good for you. It's good to know how far people will bend over backwards for certain 3D video file formats.

Using Windows and external player to play Bluray 3D is more a hassle the using and Android Media box.
More of us in this thread had HTPC,before converting to the Android box.

If Kodi and windows or standalone was working properly with Bluray 3D, i don't think most of us will be here trying to look for (cheap made Android box) other alternative than windows.

+1
(2015-06-08, 16:22)Skank Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 15:07)movie78 Wrote:

If Kodi and windows or standalone was working properly with Bluray 3D, i don't think most of us will be here trying to look for (cheap made Android box) other alternative than windows.

+1

+ 10000

powerdvd and not support external subtitle
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
(2015-06-08, 16:29)looun Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 16:22)Skank Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 15:07)movie78 Wrote: Using Windows and external player to play Bluray 3D is more a hassle the using and Android Media box.

+1

+ 10000

powerdvd and not support external subtitle

PDVD or TMT6 was a pain to setup and its doesn't always work.
I gave up on Kodi windows with external player long time ago.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
So far, there truly isnt any other device capable of what this one is doing.
Or you need 2+ devices or you need to setup windows and external player which is indeed, waar more hassle (in use and setup)
my biggest complaint is this box only supports 24hz for 1080p resolution.
For 720p it does not switch to 24hz and there is no 24hz options for screen resolution below 4k.

Also auto switching is not possible, minix got around this and added their own version so now they have true 23.976 and 24hz switching.
If you dont care about frame packed 3D and HD audio then this is one to go for.
(2015-06-09, 10:13)Nekromantik Wrote: my biggest complaint is this box only supports 24hz for 1080p resolution.
For 720p it does not switch to 24hz and there is no 24hz options for screen resolution below 4k.

strange .. i remenber to see tv show 720p@24 , new bug with 1.0.9?... test later
How do you guys have himedia settings set up for best picture quality? Someone willing to post screens of it?
(2015-06-09, 12:56)Skank Wrote: How do you guys have himedia settings set up for best picture quality? Someone willing to post screens of it?

for me the best il optimal or portain

some time SKY

Cant see images
Anyone else can test 720P 24hz switching?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HiMedia Q53