Req Support for 3D (SBS/MPO) photographs (not videos)
Now that we got 3D video support and I own a 3D TV (Samsung UE40H6750) and a 3D camera (Fujifilm Finepix 3DW3), I ask myself how I can beautifully display slideshows of the 3D photographs I took during the past years?

These are usually ».mpo« (2 JPEGs inside) or SBS JPEG images.

Is this already supported or will it come? I tried renaming a few images "blah-blah.3d.sbs.jpg" and put them into a separate "3D" folder but to no avail.

I think this would be a very nice addition for those of us who do 3D photography! It's nice that the TV can play these directly from the USB stick (and even goes to 3D mode) but it would be really cool to have it all in the same place – the beloved XBMC (well, KODI) media centre I use for so many years now …

It would be just GREAT to have the same possibilities as with video files, like native support for MPO and SBS-JPEG (oh well, maybe even SBS-PNG and SBS-TIFF …), and the display options we now have for videos, like output them as top-and-bottom or side-by-side.

Since all this already works fine with videos, I assume the basic code is already there and must »only« be somehow adapted to work for images, too.

Whatever help I could offer to make this work, let me know! (Except, unfortunately, I'd not be apt enough to code it myself :-()
Hi!

I am using this script on my Debian Linux system to convert .MPO to jpegs for "cross eyes view" and for my LG 3D TV:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

conv_type=$1
fname=$2
lname="/tmp/$fname.lt.jpeg"
rname="/tmp/$fname.rt.jpeg"
result="$fname.jpeg"

echo Processing file "$fname" to type "$conv_type"

exiftool -q -trailer:all= "$fname" -o "$lname"
exiftool -q "$fname" -mpimage2 -b > "$rname"

case "$conv_type" in

"cross")
    convert +append "$rname" "$lname" "$result"
;;

"vert-a")
    convert -append "$lname" "$rname" -resize 100%x50% "$result"
;;

*)
    echo Conversion type is unknown or missed
;;

esac

rm "$lname" "$rname"

may be it will be helpful
I've proposed the same request very, very long time ago - add support for stereo images, not only movies. But my request was ignored and there are no plans for this as far as I know. Above script is pretty useless, because I need interlaced output (the same as with 3d movies).

So, 3d movies support is great, lack of 3d pictures support is a pain. Shame.
I'd very much like .mp3 photo&video support too, and I posted about it a year and a half ago. What's the matter? I'd program it myself if I hadn't quit programming ten years ago...
well, none of our current devs has any 3D pictures and thus also not really the motivation to work on it. If you know how to code, feel free to step in and add that feature - I'm sure our devs are willing to assist and answer whatever questions you will have
(2016-01-03, 16:19)da-anda Wrote: well, none of our current devs has any 3D pictures and thus also not really the motivation to work on it. If you know how to code, feel free to step in and add that feature - I'm sure our devs are willing to assist and answer whatever questions you will have
Thanks for your reply. Smile I quit coding 10 years ago. Maybe I'll look into it. If some dev is interested I could supply some photo's or video's. Smile
+1 for *.mpo support!

and +100 for some nice view types for the picture section!
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
Me again … 3 years later, doing some 3D photography again. Still no .MPO support. Unfortunately, I also couldn’t do the coding but of course could supply any amount of 3D .mpo files to the developers. Feel free to contact me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for 3D (SBS/MPO) photographs (not videos)2