Android Channel order is reversed for VIDEO Files
I am not sure if the following is a XBMC problem or a PVR IPTV Simple Client problem.

I have VIDEO Files configured to play live television channels from my HD Homerun Prime tuner. I did "something" that has caused the order of the channels to now be in reverse order (i.e., 4, 3, 2, 1 instead of 1, 2, 3, 4). All the channels are present, but in reverse order. Is there some way to get them back to the correct order?

The "something" that I did should have nothing to do with VIDEO Files. I was trying to get rid of the channel numbers that either XBMC or PVR IPTV Simple Client display just to the left of the channel name in LIVE TV Channels (because my channel descriptions already have channel numbers (added by HD Homerun Prime in its channel names)). So in SYSTEM -> Settings -> Live TV -> General, I disabled all of the following:
  • Synchronize channel groups with backend(s)
  • Always use the channel order from the backend(s)
  • Use backend channels numbers (only works with 1 enabled PVR Add-on)

Disabling all of the above settings did not remove the channel numbers I want to remove from the LIVE TV channel list so I re-enabled the settings. However, then when I went to play a HD Homerun channel if VIDEO Files the channel order had been reversed.

The reason I want to play live TV in VIDEO Files is because LIVE TV using PVR IPTV Simple Client does not support pause, but VIDEO Files does. According to kodi wiki: Add-on: IPTV Simple Client (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client) pause and timer record are not supported in the current version of PVR IPTV Simple Client. Kodi Wiki states "In the future releases [of PVR IPTV Simple Client] the developer plan on implemented support for timers and maybe the possibility to pause streams." That would be nice.

I fixed the problem by reinstalling XBMC.
If you're using Kodi (version 14) there's a sorting toggle in the sidebar which controls the direction of the list, maybe you accidentally changed that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel order is reversed for VIDEO Files0