Compatible with Kodi
Gade, with Kodi being beta now are you looking into making your skin compatible? I love it in 13.2
Hi oxicottin.

Sure, no doubt about that.

Right now I'm working on an update for Gotham.

After that I might begin work on Rapier for Helix.
Gade, I cant wait! Your skin has just the right amount of features and doesn't overwhelm or confuse you like other skins I have tried. Thanks again.
I hearty second the motion, RAPIER is truly the only skin built with perfect understanding of complete user experience need and not only entertainment and flying arts, RAPIER genius COCKPIT like tools approach makes user able to do technical/customization where he needs it and elimination the "hunting for" and hidden functionality tactics others do. RAPIER care in what functions any user (Not Dev) really needs at his fingertips to achieve the entertainment level he is looking for, This includes configuration, customization and ease of finding tools by COCKPIT approach that is not found in all XBMC Skins. For that I say Mr. Dev, I wish all developers have that type of care and your RAPIER should never be behind in the KODI platform, Average users (Not Dev's and Experts showoffs) need this and that's I think why you made RAPIER. It's just sad not to see RAPIER active in KODI.

RAPIER is a Standard, not a skin and such should always be there as a DE-facto of excellence and example to other Dev's.

This is what RAPIER in fact, so now you know and please act on it.
Thanks a lot, MClubs, for all the kind words - that really means a lot. And welcome to the forums Smile

Scarfa is the original creator of the skin, and I have been maintaining and updating it since XBMC 12 Frodo.

I'm planning on getting Rapier for Kodi ready this year.
I agree that this skin is a great design with the right level of information for most users.
Hi guys.

Rapier skin has now been added to the official Kodi 14.x Helix repo.

Please don't hesitate to try it out and report any bugs etc. you find in the official thread.

Visit this thread for more info.
Hmm I don't see it in the when I click get more skins
Do you use Rapier skin already? Then it gets automatically updated.

Or you can try to force refresh the Kodi Add-on repository (using the context menu). Afterwards it should appear.
(2014-12-01, 20:16)Gade Wrote: Do you use Rapier skin already? Then it gets automatically updated.

Or you can try to force refresh the Kodi Add-on repository (using the context menu). Afterwards it should appear.

I didn't even think of that! Amateur mistake! Thanks, i'll try that now. I got it update automatically on another computer so figured something was up.

Question though on the skin. I can't seem to find the add on menu in the system menu. I have to change skins to be able to go to the "add on menu" install by zip. Where is it in Rapier? I have looked everywhere.
(2014-12-02, 01:35)rossdret Wrote: Question though on the skin. I can't seem to find the add on menu in the system menu. I have to change skins to be able to go to the "add on menu" install by zip. Where is it in Rapier? I have looked everywhere.

The Add-ons can be found as a submenu to the home screen system category.

You can add it as a custom category if you prefer that.
(2014-12-02, 02:26)Gade Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 01:35)rossdret Wrote: Question though on the skin. I can't seem to find the add on menu in the system menu. I have to change skins to be able to go to the "add on menu" install by zip. Where is it in Rapier? I have looked everywhere.

The Add-ons can be found as a submenu to the home screen system category.

You can add it as a custom category if you prefer that.

Awesome! Fixed! Fixed and Fixed! Thank you! I hate to start a new thread and since we are on a roll here could you answer one more question?

I just did a fresh install of kodi and didn't even import my userdata folder. For some reason in Rapier in the system settings "script grab fanart" is grayed out for all options "random fanart" Can't figure out why. Infact it was like that with me in a gotham build and I did a clean install of kodi to try to fix it but no luck.

There has to be something silly that I am missing again. Getting old here!

Thank you so much for all the help!
(2014-12-02, 03:01)rossdret Wrote: I just did a fresh install of kodi and didn't even import my userdata folder. For some reason in Rapier in the system settings "script grab fanart" is grayed out for all options "random fanart" Can't figure out why. Infact it was like that with me in a gotham build and I did a clean install of kodi to try to fix it but no luck.

script.grab.fanart random/recent options are greyed out because you haven't selected the fanart option for any background.

Enter the skin settings -> Backgrounds and select the fanart option for either music, videos, movies or tv shows. You can also select to use the fanart backgrounds in the home screen only or on all levels.

Hope this helps Smile
(2014-12-02, 03:19)Gade Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 03:01)rossdret Wrote: I just did a fresh install of kodi and didn't even import my userdata folder. For some reason in Rapier in the system settings "script grab fanart" is grayed out for all options "random fanart" Can't figure out why. Infact it was like that with me in a gotham build and I did a clean install of kodi to try to fix it but no luck.

script.grab.fanart random/recent options are greyed out because you haven't selected the fanart option for any background.

Enter the skin settings -> Backgrounds and select the fanart option for either music, videos, movies or tv shows. You can also select to use the fanart backgrounds in the home screen only or on all levels.

Hope this helps Smile
Yup that was it! I knew it was really simple. Question though why is the background in the home screen blank a majority of the time as it cycles through random fan art? Like for 3 minutes at a time.

Also i enabled next aired on my tv show view and have logo wall display but dont see next aired information. I do see it on the widget on the home screen though.

Thumbs Up 
Rapier is the best kodi skin.... thank for your work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compatible with Kodi0