Mod Deleted
Just to help you a little more Warner, I tried Helix Beta 3 & 5 plus RC. Nox 5.5.5.

Video Info works at the movies screen (using showcase view), I can change plot to cast, cast is visable. Video Info pressing 'i' during play gives no Cast, as does Pause play.

Blurays are ISO, DVD's also. DVDs work as mentioned perfectly fine, as do TV Shows.
(2014-12-02, 09:40)Radar Wrote: Just to help you a little more Warner, I tried Helix Beta 3 & 5 plus RC. Nox 5.5.5.

Video Info works at the movies screen (using showcase view), I can change plot to cast, cast is visable. Video Info pressing 'i' during play gives no Cast, as does Pause play.

Blurays are ISO, DVD's also. DVDs work as mentioned perfectly fine, as do TV Shows.

I have no idea why cast members do not show up with certain files. The string that brings back this value is VideoPlayer.CastAndRole. This value is defined in the skinning manual as follows:

VideoPlayer.CastAndRole: A concatenated string of cast members and roles of the current movie, if it's in the database.

The only other mention of cast and role is:

ListItem.CastAndRole: Shows a concatenated string of cast members and roles of the currently selected movie, for use in dialogvideoinfo.xml.

Maybe the database used in option one is different from that in option two? Or perhaps your file names have something to do with it? But the code is correct.
Thanks for looking into it Warner. Have you tried it by any chance?

To make sure it wasn't any other mod, I did a clean install with Aeon nox and your mod and it still only displayed for DVDs.

My file names are just moviename.bluray.nfo and moviename.bluray.iso

What is weird is how it displays Casts and Roles with Movie Information at the main menu.
Are you including the year of the movie after its name? That is a Kodi naming convention.
In the folder name I am yes, contents within the folder however are just named according to the movie ie Pirates.bluray.iso and Pirates.bluray.nfo.

Example;

/Pirates of the Caribbean (2003)/

Pirates.bluray.nfo
Pirates.bluray.iso
sorry to sound like a broken record but,

tv shows, = shows the info button on player, also shows the plot but rest blank

movies, = no info button and no info on pause

tried to install someones includes.xml but got a blank screen

any ideas?, woud love to have this feature working... i am on android and using rc3

thanks.
I don't use this feature anymore, so I haven't updated it. The calls for plot and cast are correct, so there is nothing I do about that (the call for that metadata is specialized for fullscreen video playback, and they are using the correct code). I believe it has something to do with filenames, but I'm not sure.

If you are missing player controls, something is wrong with your files. I just checked and the info button is still there when playing either a TV show or movie. Nothing has been deleted.
Hi
Any chance you could mod this to include the movie poster in the bottom left? I always like to have that when paused.
Great mod. Thanks.
I'm not interested in modding this anymore. I've put too much time into too many mods. You could ask mikesilvo in his thread. He does some user requests. Ask him for the code to add a movie poster. It probably wouldn't be too complex.
I'm not sure why but too am having an issue getting this to work. I followed the directions and copied the original files to a new folder. Then took the new ones and placed them where they said in the instructions and had them overwrite the originals. Then I even went a restarted my computer even though I didn't need to. But when I go into the extras tab I don't see anything to turn on the option. When I pause a movie nothing happens. I'm running 14.1 aeon Nox current on windows 7.
(2015-02-13, 21:14)Tatts4Life Wrote: I'm not sure why but too am having an issue getting this to work. I followed the directions and copied the original files to a new folder. Then took the new ones and placed them where they said in the instructions and had them overwrite the originals. Then I even went a restarted my computer even though I didn't need to. But when I go into the extras tab I don't see anything to turn on the option. When I pause a movie nothing happens. I'm running 14.1 aeon Nox current on windows 7.

Did you check the settings?
(2015-02-13, 21:14)Tatts4Life Wrote: I'm not sure why but too am having an issue getting this to work. I followed the directions and copied the original files to a new folder. Then took the new ones and placed them where they said in the instructions and had them overwrite the originals. Then I even went a restarted my computer even though I didn't need to. But when I go into the extras tab I don't see anything to turn on the option. When I pause a movie nothing happens. I'm running 14.1 aeon Nox current on windows 7.

If Skin Settings >> Extras does not show the option to toggle the mod on and off, you are likely missing SkinSettings.xml. Download the mod again and replace SkinSettings. You might have mixed-up a file when backing up the originals. Without having the mod toggled, the code in the other files won't do anything.

For example, to enable the scrolling text, the code says Blank.IsVisible + Skin.HasSetting(modon). Without toggling the radio-button in skin settings, the Skin.HasSetting condition is not met and the text will not appear.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mod Deleted0