Kodi Beta 1 bight areas of screen flicker on playback
(2014-11-26, 18:10)StinDaWg Wrote: Ya, it works fine in software, but then you lose DXVA-HQ (gpu vector adaptive) deinterlacing.

Oh, I'm sorry I meant decoding, not rendering. I left the rendering to auto-detect. I'm not sure if this means that it still chooses software over hardware, but so far switching the decoding method to software has fixed it and as I've said before, I haven't noticed any drop in speed or low performance.
I have updated to Catalyst 14.9 but i am still getting the flickering on RC 1.

Setting the decoding method to software does fix the issue but obviously i would prefer hardware decoding.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
(2014-12-01, 13:12)Lister of Smeg Wrote: I have updated to Catalyst 14.9 but i am still getting the flickering on RC 1.

Setting the decoding method to software does fix the issue but obviously i would prefer hardware decoding.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

I have the same Problems with DXVA and Catalyst 14.9.
(2014-11-18, 22:27)bossanova808 Wrote: Update to catalyst 14.9 and issue should go away.

Legend bossanova808. It worked for me. I had given up with the beta but came back to try it again with the release candidate. Still had flashing mid-tones i saw your post and upgraded the driver. Job is a good one, Problem solved.

FYI I am using an ATI Sapphire HD6450 GFX Card, Sony Bravia TV, Win 7 32bit and now Kodi RC1!

The only small thing it I cant open the catalist control center anymore but the problem seams to be gone.
I'm having the same issues with flickering-- mainly in brightly lit areas of the screen. I currently have Kodi RC2 installed. I did not have this issue with Gotham. I have tried the suggestion from others but no luck. I have uninstalled my video drivers and Catalyst completely and did a clean install to 14.9. Still experiencing screen flickering. Also, switching to software decoding does seem to fix the problem, however, I was always able to use hardware decoding with Gotham without issue.
Any solution for those of us with legacy ATI cards? I have an HD 4550, and ATI isn't putting out drivers for those anymore, so upgrading to 14.9 isn't an option for me
Has anyone found or submitted a ticket on the bug tracker regarding this issue yet?
File it with AMD please, as driver update seems to have fixed it.

For the legacy users: Use Windows 7 and Catalyst 13.6
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-13, 12:37)fritsch Wrote: File it with AMD please, as driver update seems to have fixed it.
Did you read post #17 above and several posts right after it? It's not fixed.
for me, amd a6 ritchland, catalysat 14.9 solved the problem. often the old catalyst isnt uninstalled really complete. i would suggest 2 things:

1) uninstall all amd driver/software with the amd one cklick uninstall manager. reboot. run the amd driver uninstaller. its only a exe-file, no need to install. reboot. install new drivers. you can get the uninstaller from here: http://www.chip.de/downloads/AMD-CleanUn...49828.html

2) there is a new whql driver 14.12 "omega". this driver give new video functions and fixes a lot of problems. i think its worth to try this driver.
I'm stuck with catalyst 12.10. As later versions give very low frame rate in xbmc menus on HD6400 series.
It worked flawless in Gotham and update to stable 14.0 brought this flicker.

I hope I will find a way to revert to Gotham without losing settings and library.
Well I'll pipe in and state that moving to those Omega drivers (14.12 i think) got rid of the flicker i was getting on 14.0 Stable. wasn't really a flicker - more of a s.ight strobe...

Win 7 x64 on a ATI 5870

It's a good thing, too. I would've gone back to Gotham, otherwise.
I updated also to Omega 14.12 but i got into the low FPS main menu issue, this is a known issue of AMD mobility 6400 series. Flicker is gone, video plays perfect, but main menu is unusable (~8fps). I have tried the allowd3d9ex fix in advancedsettings but i get black screen in video.
So I have to go back to Gotham or scrap the Lenovo Q180 and get me a new machine.
I dont think this is a driver issue. i am running an old amd 690G chipset and the flickering continues also on software render method - which i believe is CPU only
I didnt have any issues on lower XBMC versions
(2014-12-29, 17:09)hellrider77 Wrote: I updated also to Omega 14.12 but i got into the low FPS main menu issue, this is a known issue of AMD mobility 6400 series. Flicker is gone, video plays perfect, but main menu is unusable (~8fps). I have tried the allowd3d9ex fix in advancedsettings but i get black screen in video.
So I have to go back to Gotham or scrap the Lenovo Q180 and get me a new machine.

Did you try running in borderless windowed mode? If Windowed mode works okay for your menus, you can always use the "\" keystroke to pop back and forth between fullscreen and windowed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Beta 1 bight areas of screen flicker on playback2