• 54(current)
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix
(2015-05-07, 01:10)djoole Wrote: Hi Scott,

I get radomly black screens after stopping a video.
Kodi is still on (if i use the keyboard i hear the navigation sounds) but black screen.
In the logs there are a lot of those :
00:58:57 T:1832 ERROR: CD3DTexture::Create - failed 0x80004005
00:58:57 T:1832 DEBUG: CDXTexture::CDXTexture: Error creating new texture for size 128 x 98

It seems I have this bug since the last update of your mod, or maybe an autoupdate of another extension.

Do you have any idea if this is skin related or not?

I'll reply to myself : not skin related. I've reproduced the bug with confluence..
Short version:

Noob here. but i made an account just for this:
I replaced two png files in the media directory and genuinely
HALVED my GPU USAGE!!! Laugh

tested results:
original images: 45fps - 99% gpu usage (maxed Sad )
replaced images: 45fps - 49% gpu usage (i used an fps limiter here to make a direct comparison. Confused)
replaced images: 60fps (maxed Big Grin ) - 65% gpu usage

ram and cpu usage differences remained unchanged

anyone else want to check?
check your fps and gpu usage on wall or multiplex views (the ones with issues for me), replace the two files, check the difference, let me know if i am full of it?

http://i.imgur.com/l7tEz2o.png black.png
http://i.imgur.com/vyB877y.png darkgrey.png

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq5.helixmod\media

------------------------------------

Long version:
ive used aeon nox 4 for the longest time on xbmc frodo, youtube api update forced update to helix. hated that aeon nox 5. found mq5, wasnt able to get it to run at 60 frames per second always on helix, just to see how much the skin was undeveloped. tried mq5 and mq4 on my xbmc frodo, still couldnt run it at 60frames per second. must be me. this comp can play crysis 1-2-3 etc, modded skyrim, etc.

started troubleshooting, picking at xml files checking which views had the issues the most, found a commonality. a 1280x720 solid color picture being used (and scaled) many times, so i shrunk it to a 16x9 pixel and replaced it. POOF! 60fps in that view.
found another view, that didnt get the benefit. checked that one. found another 1280x720 solid color png being used (and scaled) many times as well. i replaced it with a 16x9 pixel solid color in that view. POOF! 60fps everywhere. no more framerate issues at all. it doesnt seem to have broke anything that i can tell, seems absolutely worth it.

testing methodology:
found one buggy area in each affected view, turned off extra stuff to keep things consistant.
used fraps for fps monitoring
used afterburner to ensure gpu clockspeeds remained consistent through all tests
used rivatuner to fps limit, to make a direct (fps to gpu use) comparison in one instance.

relevant specs:
kodi installed on ssd
radeon 5850 (three of them, but it doesnt matter here)
core i7 930 (4c/8t) at 4.0GHz
excessive 1600MHz ram
windows 7 64bit also on ssd
Nice Smile

Could you tell me if one this images is used in SHELF view?
I believe I've found a bug. If not a bug, its certainly something to look out for.

If you try to replace the backdrop of some system menus such as Favourites or Images, etc, and your custom image is the same name as the menu you are using it for, i.e. favourites.jpg or images.jpg, no image is displayed. All you see is a black backdrop. However, change it to something else, favourites1.jpg or images1.jpg and the problem is resolved.

Hope that helps some of you in the same boat as I've been for the last hour.

Cal.
(2015-05-09, 14:17)Callahan Wrote: I believe I've found a bug. If not a bug, its certainly something to look out for.

If you try to replace the backdrop of some system menus such as Favourites or Images, etc, and your custom image is the same name as the menu you are using it for, i.e. favourites.jpg or images.jpg, no image is displayed. All you see is a black backdrop. However, change it to something else, favourites1.jpg or images1.jpg and the problem is resolved.

Cal.

Its funny, yesterday i notice the same thing
(2015-05-09, 14:17)Callahan Wrote: I believe I've found a bug. If not a bug, its certainly something to look out for.

Cal.

How are you doing this? Via "MyTheme" or something else?

scott s.
(2015-05-03, 01:07)leejk Wrote: Hello,

Perhaps this is a known issue. On TV Show seasons, it incorrectly lists the year of the season in wide list view. Is this a skin issue?

Thx

I secons that bug and it's been driving me nuts for many month. Is there any way to fix it? It shows the same year of all the season (first one)
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote
(2015-05-10, 21:38)bass63 Wrote:
(2015-05-03, 01:07)leejk Wrote: Hello,

Perhaps this is a known issue. On TV Show seasons, it incorrectly lists the year of the season in wide list view. Is this a skin issue?

Thx

I secons that bug and it's been driving me nuts for many month. Is there any way to fix it? It shows the same year of all the season (first one)

The skin shows a "label" that contains $INFO[ListItem.Year], that is, what ever Kodi has in its database for the year of the tv show. I don't know, but guess that this is the tvshow "first aired" date in the database. If you look in Confluence skin, you should see the same thing on tvshow "media info" view.

I don't have any multi-season shows, so will have to generate some test cases to look at this in more detail.

scott s.
(2015-05-11, 01:37)scott967 Wrote: The skin shows a "label" that contains $INFO[ListItem.Year], that is, what ever Kodi has in its database for the year of the tv show. I don't know, but guess that this is the tvshow "first aired" date in the database. If you look in Confluence skin, you should see the same thing on tvshow "media info" view.

I don't have any multi-season shows, so will have to generate some test cases to look at this in more detail.

Update: OK I created some test data and see the problem. As it turns out there is a Kodi fix PR:7121 proposed that would use the episode first aired date to determine season year. This PR has not as of yet been accepted for Isengard. Note that no more Kodi development is being done for Helix. Isengard is at Beta 1, so changes that are not pure bug fixes may not be accepted.

For MQ5 Helixmod probably the best I could do is just remove the year from the seasons display.

scott s.
(2015-05-11, 21:29)scott967 Wrote: Update: OK I created some test data and see the problem. As it turns out there is a Kodi fix PR:7121 proposed that would use the episode first aired date to determine season year. This PR has not as of yet been accepted for Isengard. Note that no more Kodi development is being done for Helix. Isengard is at Beta 1, so changes that are not pure bug fixes may not be accepted.

For MQ5 Helixmod probably the best I could do is just remove the year from the seasons display.

scott s.

That might be best; I use Aeon Nox sometimes and I think it's what it does. Shame tho, since I think that is good info to display.

On another item, the episodes aired today widget on the live tv menu seems to show a lot of tv shows that at least didn't air during the day in my area. Was there any configuring I needed to do for this?

thx
For several days I have a problem with skin MQ5 Mod .. I noticed that the load on the GPU is almost always 100% .. every time I browse the various sections (film, TV series, anime .. etc) or in the settings load increases to 100% ..
in the main menu I had to turn off the details rss and the load has decreased to 0%

I also tried to reinstall kodi but I have not solved anything .. with other skin the load is normal

I apologize again for my english

I have been using Mq5 and dont some changes to menu fonts and submenu fonts. All things been good until 2 days ago i get ?0? or ?-1? in font settings in appearance..

Once in a while I boot it will be this other times normal ( default, Large, massive) Ideas where I can look to fix this>?
Changes I have made .. added 4 fonts to Fonts folder.. and edited font.xml ( In massive Font_15 I changed aeon_common.ttf to My custom font name.ttf ) if teh normal screen in appearance shows up I can change font to massive and the custom sub menu will load.

ex:Image
Hi
Many thanks for the work on this..

Have worked my way through few issues of my own making but have one can't solve.

I cannot seem to access the VideoInfo in the Movies Library, Show Information dialog - either with Keyboard I, select action as "Show Information" or select action as "Choose" and then show information.
Whatever I do - it just plays the movie. Within TV Shows - it does appear.
I have tried this on two installs now with the same result.

Edit: - Solution:
Dont think this is skin issue - or maybe skin dependants?
Two installs had same issue - yet one install allowed me to bring up info dialog
After some trial and error found if copied %appdata%/Kodi/addons folder from working to not working - corrected this issue
(Copying the skin folder did not)

Thanks
Glenn
Any Ideas on how to fix My font issue?? I have used the original font.xml and problem still shows up.
Code:
http://goo.gl/KWC33R
I get ERROR: FillInSkinFonts: Couldn't load C:\Users\daddy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq5.helixmod\720p\Font.xml
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix6