• 58(current)
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix
(2015-05-30, 07:08)kiboy6 Wrote: Thanks so much for all the work on this Mod.

I was running MQ previously on XBMC Gotham. I now have a new PC, with a completely fresh install of Kodi Helix stable.
However, I have maintained the same file structure, drive letters, video sources etc on my new installation.

Therefore, would I be able to copy over any xmls to MQ's addon installation folder to the new installation in order to maintain my previous configuration?

Or would I better be off customising MQ again from scratch?

Thanks so much if anybody can advise me on this.

If you mean copying over xml skin files from the 720p folder, I highly recommend you do not try to do this. The structure of the files is unchanged. I use a windows program, Beyond Compare, which among other things can do a side-by-side comparison of text files. No doubt there are other programs that do this too. But that way it is easy to determine the difference between any mods on your files and the the helix files and then fix the helix files to your liking. The biggest change between helix and gotham versions is in the live tv (as far as functionality). But there are also changes in how helix formats text labels, and many labels had to be moved to get them back in the "correct" position.

scott s.
anyway to add items to movie widget?
Can i install a clear main menu bar?
How do I clear Storage for sub menus??
Hi, is there any way to remove the title bar across the top of the shelf view?

I'm not a big fan of the darkened transparency or the media title, but love the skin, great work guys.
(2015-05-31, 13:23)yabel Wrote: anyway to add items to movie widget?
Can i install a clear main menu bar?

The addon skin.widgets determines what info gets returned to the skin for display. The number of widget items and the layout is fixed in the skin (possible to reduce the number of widget items).

The menu bar is determined by the "style" skin setting. Here Marcos describes how to customize:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=175822

scott s.
(2015-06-11, 03:06)yabel Wrote: How do I clear Storage for sub menus??

I have to admit I've never used that nor studied it. Partly because the whole custom submenu feature in MQ5 is incredibly complex. But I have been wanting to figure out exactly how it all works so will spend some time on it.

scott s.
(2015-06-11, 20:48)arnoldout Wrote: Hi, is there any way to remove the title bar across the top of the shelf view?

I'm not a big fan of the darkened transparency or the media title, but love the skin, great work guys.

Sure, but I think that is going to have to be a "one off" MOD you will have to do yourself as it's pretty organic to the look and feel of the skin. You need to open up the skin file from 720p folder "MyVideoNav.xml" in a text editor. That part of the window is defined starting at line 281, with line 288 controlling which view mode it shows up in. For shelf view (view 63) you need to remove the " | Control.IsVisible(63)". (scroll down to the bottom of the file to figure out the number for any of the view modes).

Note that you should back up any mod files, as if the skin is updated it will replace all the skin files.

scott s.
I used teh STORAGE feature when I had created my sub menus with color font and wanted to move them around.. Once they in storage and even after I move them to another slot in submenu the entry stays in stoarge. I looked all around with no CLEAR option for storage. Sad
Just letting people know Rom Collection Browser isn't compatible with this skin. Not sure why it installs it.

The errors are so bad it won't even let you save Rom Collection Settings in Edit Collection Settings. It errors because some context menus and options are missing due to the skin incompatibility. Not sure if Aeon is preventing RCB context menus from being added or just RCB being old. The only way around it is to just edit the config file menu but that's annoying. However, it works with the default skin so no idea how that all integrates with eachother.

Example:
Code:
21:31:34 T:3512   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5540
21:31:34 T:3512   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5550
21:31:34 T:3512   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5560
21:31:34 T:3512   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setSelected'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogeditromcollection.py", line 132, in onInit
                                                self.updateRomCollectionControls()
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogeditromcollection.py", line 434, in updateRomCollectionControls
                                                control.setSelected(self.selectedRomCollection.makeLocalCopy)
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setSelected'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Question 
Hi, is there any way to set view as default for every window/addon u go in t to?

In def. its WIDE, but i want change to RIGHT LIST without doint it for every window i go to, as its too much work.

Can I set it once and change for every ?

thanks
Thanks Scott, works perfectly Smile
Great skin, but is there a way to see the update progress bar ?
(2015-06-12, 04:34)caffeinepills Wrote: Just letting people know Rom Collection Browser isn't compatible with this skin. Not sure why it installs it.

The errors are so bad it won't even let you save Rom Collection Settings in Edit Collection Settings. It errors because some context menus and options are missing due to the skin incompatibility. Not sure if Aeon is preventing RCB context menus from being added or just RCB being old. The only way around it is to just edit the config file menu but that's annoying. However, it works with the default skin so no idea how that all integrates with eachother.

Example:
Code:
21:31:34 T:3512   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogeditromcollection.py", line 132, in onInit
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogeditromcollection.py", line 434, in updateRomCollectionControls

I suppose this is probably due to RCB currently being at ver 2.1.2 while MQ5 was built for 2.0.10. Probably can fix, but need a full debug log.

scott s.
(2015-06-13, 23:21)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-06-12, 04:34)caffeinepills Wrote: Just letting people know Rom Collection Browser isn't compatible with this skin. Not sure why it installs it.

Example:
Code:

I suppose this is probably due to RCB currently being at ver 2.1.2 while MQ5 was built for 2.0.10. Probably can fix, but need a full debug log.

scott s.

Code:
20:30:40 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End onInit
20:30:40 T:672  NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate-0.9.4 : update timers
20:30:40 T:672  NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate-0.9.4 : Creating timer for Video Library
20:30:41 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 117
20:30:41 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: init ContextMenu
20:30:41 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onInit ContextMenu
20:30:41 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION: 'platforms' is an invalid Id
20:30:41 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Error while reading platforms from addon. Assume that we are not in RetroPlayer branch.
20:30:41 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5224
20:30:41 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setVisible'
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\d​ialogcontextmenu.py", line 48, in onInit
                                                control.setVisible(False)
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setVisible'
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: init Edit Rom Collection
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onInit Edit Rom Collection
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: build rom collection list
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: addItemsToList
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: build scraper lists
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: get available scrapers
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: add scraper name: local nfo
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: add scraper name: archive.vg
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: add scraper name: mobygames.com
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: add scraper name: thegamesdb.net
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: add scraper name: maws.mameworld.info
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: add scraper name: giantbomb.com
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: build imagePlacing list
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: add image placing: gameinfobig
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: add image placing: gameinfosmall
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: add image placing: gameinfomamemarquee
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: add image placing: gameinfomamecabinet
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Error while reading gameclient addons via json. Assume that we are not in RetroPlayer branch.
20:30:43 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5540
20:30:43 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5550
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: updateRomCollectionControls
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: selected rom collection: SNES
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: selectScrapersInList
20:30:43 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: selectItemInList
20:30:43 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5540
20:30:43 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5550
20:30:43 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5560
20:30:43 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\d​ialogeditromcollection.py", line 132, in onInit
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\d​ialogeditromcollection.py", line 434, in updateRomCollectionControls
20:30:44 T:1604  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
20:30:48 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onClick
20:30:51 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onClick
20:30:51 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: save
20:30:51 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: updateSelectedRomCollection
20:30:51 T:1704  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: addScraperToSiteList
20:30:51 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5540
20:30:51 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5560
20:30:51 T:1704   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isSelected'
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\d​ialogeditromcollection.py", line 152, in onClick
                                                self.updateSelectedRomCollection()
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\d​ialogeditromcollection.py", line 518, in updateSelectedRomCollection
                                                self.selectedRomCollection.makeLocalCopy = bool(control.isSelected())
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isSelected'

I believe that's all of the errors. However, any fresh install of MQ5 and RCB will have the same errors, so it's easy to reproduce if you need more.

I just did a dirty bandaid fix of checking to make sure control exists for all of the NoneType errors on RCB's end. However, Make Local Copy doesn't exist in MQ5, only in confluence. Anyways, thanks for looking into it.

On an unrelated note, how would I go about making my own widget for displaying last used Apps/Games for another Program Addon? (Advanced Launcher). Where would I even start to go about that, like file wise? Thanks for any suggestion.
(2015-06-16, 20:12)caffeinepills Wrote: I just did a dirty bandaid fix of checking to make sure control exists for all of the NoneType errors on RCB's end. However, Make Local Copy doesn't exist in MQ5, only in confluence. Anyways, thanks for looking into it.

On an unrelated note, how would I go about making my own widget for displaying last used Apps/Games for another Program Addon? (Advanced Launcher). Where would I even start to go about that, like file wise? Thanks for any suggestion.

OK I did some testing, the best I could as I only have a windows game on my system so I created a windows "collection". I found some problems with the display of various labels which I think I pretty much fixed in Isengardmod. As near as I can tell it works, but I can't test everything this addon does.

But a full debug log posted to xbmclogs sure helps for this sort of problem.

scott s.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix6