Error The network connection was lost
The message is clear and comes from the iOS network layer. It doesn't happens with Gotham, right?
It happens with Gotham as well, but not with a clean profile.

What is very strange is that often I can't connect at all. But after I have started XBMC Commander, I'm able to connect again with XBMC Remote.
If it doesn't costs too much effort, can you try to configure a new profile with your data to see if the issue still occurs? I can't reproduce the issue on my side, I found a discussion about issues with http post connections and iOS8 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25372...n-was-lost

so maybe what is happening is that the remote app is trying to reuse network connections already closed, but this should affect everybody.

Just in case, you tried to reboot your idevice? do you remember if the issue has appeared with iOS8?
Can you please explain what you mean by new profile with data?

I reboot my device about twice per month. Issue exists in iOS 7.x as well as in iOS 8.1.1. In the past year I kept XBMC Remote on my iPhone and tried each update to see if the problem was resolved. So I have 'tested' the app under different XBMC and iOS versions.
I mean by starting with a clean kodi profile and then set up again your personalizations
Yesterday I already tried a fresh installation + my old guisettings.xml and sources.xml copied to the newly generated profile. Couldn't reproduce the issue. Pls let me know if you still want me to personalize all settings.
Yes, I mean to start using this new profile to see if the issues are inside your old profile.
I've tested Kodi 14 RC1 today with a fresh guisettings.xml. I re-personalized everything. This seems to be an improvement.

There are still two issues:

- It takes a few seconds before XBMC Remote has connected. As mentioned before both XBMC Commander and Constellation connect almost instantly.

- Once in a while I still get the lost connection error if I go to Music, Files or Movies, Files.
[edit] Same goes for Music and Video plugins
Any update on this? I deleted my profile, set up everything from scratch, reinstalled all add-ons and recreated databases. I'm still experiencing issues.
With the other remotes app you never got an error? They always shows you what instead inside the official remote app catches the error? I'm asking this, because looking at the debug log and the specific json-rpc error, seems that the error is outside kodi/remote app and it's a network error (bad cable, ethernet failures, etc)
No I have never experienced any network errors or connection delays with the other remotes.

I never experience network/connection errors on my network in general. It's quite stable.

It's probably a lot of work but what about a logging feature in XBMC Remote?
meh! what you see in the alert view is exactly what a logging feature will log: it comes from the network layer and says that the connection was lost. I'm not able to reproduce the issue until I physically disconnects the network patch cord from the Kodi machine during a request Sad
Ok, pls tell me what else I can do to provide you with the required info to troubleshoot the issue. Do you want me to run Wireshark? Or any other Windows or iOS diagnostics utility?
I would start by issuing the command 'netstat -s' and check the output
Could you please take a look? I've never run this command before.

http://pastebin.com/9wMyQnVY

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error The network connection was lost1