Android ZIDOO X9,A new Android tv box,4K*2K,HEVC,PVR,KODI,MSTAR 9180,
Hi all
We had a new firmware version for ZIDOO X9 at 1/25/2015.OTA online update was ready!

Learn more about ZIDOO X9

The new fireware v1.0.2.5 for X9

X9 1.0.2.5 update list

System Update List:

1. Add the function of Bluetooth connects automatically after power on.
2. Smooth the dtshdma audio of Blu-ray 3d movie
3. Smooth truehd track occasionally
4. Modify the error problem of video interface when 4K output or inserting HDMI OUT line
5. Add the flip function of Remote key

Software update list :

1.The APK still shows recommended data even doesn't get into the network.
2. Data keeps updated after the recommended data changed.
3. Add the dragging function of UI mouse
4. Optimize the font styles
5. Modify the error indicator problem when inserted USB devices.

Record screen:

1. Modify display styles of setting appointment time, change into specific time
2. Optimize UI disappears automatically when deleting appointment or recorded files
3. Optimize setting the accuracy of video length

File Manager:

1. Optimize SD also can display by press Up to unload
2. Add the function of circulation list
3. Add a key to flip

Music Player:

1. Optimize the accuracy of translation from the "Unknown" language

Picture Manager:

1. Optimize swithcing pirtures around when view pictures from file manager
2. Optimize the clarity when flashing
3. Modify the display position of UI
4. Optimize recycling of picture memory
5. Modify the memory overflows for some larger pictures

OTA Update:

1. Revise the APK
2. speeds download
3. more reasonable designature for UI
4. Support background download
5. Download from breakpoint automatically
6. Support local upgrade and background replication
7. View update blogs of 6 nearest versions

Video Player:

1. Optimize the continued saved function of ISO/BDMV
2. Localmm keeps on running when the system language switchs to others,like Russian
3. Delete the repeat function of the loop mode playlist options
4. Modify track after swithing track or video fast- forward.
5. Modify the problem of forward/back, when play/pause pressing around the key.
6. Optimize the display dimension when playing 3D
7. Optimize the unfull dimension when playing 3D-2D video
8. LocalMM keeps running when switching into cycle mode
9. After selecting track, maintain the selected track when re- enter the menu
10. Modify default display when inscribed caption

v1.0.2.4
A list of updating software
System:
1. To fix the system and remove the system prompts which hold resources.
2. Solving recording jitter.
3. Fixing some unsupported ISO lead local MM to be corrupted.
4. Advancing decoding to solve some problems that m2ts can not do.
5. Optimizing KODI (XBMC) from alpha to RC3.
6. Advancing teleswitch which can only cut definition of 4k30P,4k25P,1080P,720P .
7. Optimizing different kinds of repairs, upgrades, and revisions of native players.
8. Optimizing audio player to support the file of CUE.
9. Optimizing system settings, such as setting languages without focuses and removing the unnecessary settings.
10. Optimizing the compatibility of Google play.
11. Optimizing some play lag phases of 4K files.
12. Optimizing the hardware that supports the format of GPT.

UI:
1. Adding tips that show the Bluetooth has been connected on the chief interface.
2. To fix bugs, this will make the interface be in a mess when searching on the chief interface more than 4h.
3. Changing setting- common settings can not response to the mouse.
4. To make the applications update autonomously.
5. Solving the problems of input method errors when searching on the chief interface.
6. Solving the problems of search box that can not run its cursors when searching on the chief interface.
7. Optimizing the speed of interface.
8. Adding dynamic pushes of the major ICON on the chief interface.
Recorder:
1. Applying into HDMI IN, the camtasia studio will eject automatically.
2. Modifying Chinese errors under the status bar.
3. Modifying input definition into true definition.
4. Adding selections of the sampling rate:VAG1024000/ hd1024000*3/ Fhd1024000*
5.When recording, the mark on the upper right corner will display dynamically.
6. Modifying the bug which leads to errors of selecting month-end time.
7. The interface will be hidden if no operation for about 10s.
8. Solving the problem of the camtasia studio jitters

9. Modifying the bug that update box hidden by the camtasia studio.
10. Modifying the bug which came into the application error repeatedly.

Files Manager
1. Modifying ways of list rolled by a mouse, in order to match the rolling speed with wheel slip.

2. Solving problems of pictures on the file list turned into blank.
3. Adding entrances of direct files’ classification.
4. Adding video classifications of TS’s suffix.
5. It will display if you pull in/out USB on the file interface.
6. Adding entrance hinting play songs of FLAC WAV files.

Music Player
1. Adding the Support of the CUE + WAV, CUE + FLAC, CUE + APE and play track.
2. Modifying no response to the back button of Fly Mouse.
3. Adding the function that will acquire media files automatically when
entering the applications directly.

Image Manager
1. A comprehensive revision of application aims to present new appearance.
2. Solving unloaded errors result from frequent file access.
3. Adding flash effects, such as switching freely, throbbing, etc.
4. LWP doesn’t close after exiting the interface.
5. Out of memory.
6. Improve pictures’ definition when the flash runs.
7. Optimizing the speed of loading pictures.

Video Player
1. A comprehensive version of UI aims to present new appearance.
2. Solving no response to multiple subtitles plugins’ selection .
3. No response to switch track.
4. Fixing parts of MP4 files that can not get the total time.
5. Fixing parts of ISO files can't play, which lead to the player breakdown.
Looks good - Mele have a player which I think is using the same chip (X2000) with a case that allows for a hard drive to be installed.

I note they don't show XBMC working in the video of the UI....

I have emailed them for some info, will post if they revert to me....
They dont mention 3d iso mvc either
I got an impressively quick response from the sales manager at Zidoo.

I asked about 3D ISO from XBMC - he replied
"Yes, support 3D ISO (frame packed MVC) playback in 3D from XBMC and use build-in Hardware decoding".

Apparently the supplied XBMC build will be based on Kodi. They are checking on 24hz-auto switching support.

The less good news: price is slated for 169US Dollars. That makes it more expensive than the Mele X200 box, which I think is based on the same chip, but which will also take an internal hard drive.
(2014-11-25, 13:49)mirror88 Wrote: MOD EDIT: nope. See below.

Your first and only post on our forum to advertise your product? Nope. If other people (actual users) want to discuss your product, they will bring it up. If you want to respond to them and answer questions at that point, that's fine. But what you did, that's the definition of spam.
I have no affiliation with the manufacturer of this box, and can understand why moderators do not want the board used for advertising purposes. But since the thread is here, anyone interested can find more details about this player at

http://www.zidoo.tv/index.php?m=Product&...1&model=X9

There is a video of UI too. Same chipset as the Mele X2000, which you can find out about here:

http://forum.mele.cn:81/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=975
Box does really look good.
However , waiting for reviews :p
UyeSee and Kaiboer also have several Android media players based on these Mstar MSO 9810 SoCs.

Cool thing is that they all seam to have both HDMI input and output, wonder how that will work.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/08/18/u...d-hdmi-in/

UyeSee T1H 4K Android TV Box Features USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, and HDMI In

Shenzhen UyeSee Technology, a company specializing in audio / video products, has announced UyeSee T1H Android TV box powered by Mstar MSO9810 quad core processor, with 1 to 2GB RAM, 8 to 32GB eMMC flash, and featuring high speed ports such as Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.0, as well as HDMI In supporting PiP (Picture-in-Picture) thanks to the dual decoder found in the processor. T1H is not the first Mstar 9810 STB I mention here, as Kaiboer already has a few models with Q5, Q6, and F5, but the latter focuses on the Chinese market, whereas Uyesee plans to expand to oversea markets, and the firmware is available in English, and other languages supported by Android, too.

UyeSee T1H specifications:
SoC – Mstar MSO9180 quad core ARM Cortex A9 @ 1.5GHz with a quad-core ARM Mali-450 MP2 GPU @ 500MHz.
System Memory – 1GB to 2GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz?
Storage – 8 , 16 or 32 GB eMMC flash + microSD card slot
Video I/O – HDMI 1.4 out up to 4K30, HDMI in, AV (CVBS)
Audio I/O – HDMI in/out, optical S/PDIF, AV port
Video Playback
MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4, DivX, H.264, H.265/HVC, VC-1, H.263, Real Media, MVC…
Up to 4K, 60Mbps (H.264)
3D H.264 MVC Decoder/H.264 Encoder (720P)
Audio Formats and Codecs – MPEG, WMA, WAV, APE, OGG, FLAC, ACC, MPEG1,MPEG2(Layer I/II), MP3, AC-3, E-AC-3, AAC-LC, WMA, HE-AAC
Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, single or (optional) dual band Wi-Fi 802 b/g/n with external antenna
USB – 1x USB2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 port
Misc – IR receiver
Power Supply – 12V/2A
Dimensions – 190 x 127 x 27 mm
Weight – 600 grams (package?)

The box runs Android 4.4.2. That’s about all the information I have now, and this media player is not available for purchase online yet. You can check out Uyesee T1H product page for a few more details. Charbax interviewed the company about their Wi-Fi audio box, and Android TV boxes based on Rockchip RK3288, HiSilicon 3798m, and more.., The part specific to T1H box starts at the 7:00 mark.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/05/23/k...80d1r-soc/

Kaiboer announces F5, Q6 and Q9 UHD Android TV Boxes Powered by Mstar MSO9180D1R SoC

Kaiboer (开博尔) has hosted an event in Shenzhen on May 21 to unveil three new 4K Android media player powered by Mstar MSO9180D1R SoC namely Kaiboer F5, Kaiboer Q6 and Kaiboer Q9. Mstar MSO9180D1R processor appears to be similar but less powerful than Amlogic S802 with four ARM Cortex A9 cores @ 1.5 GHz and a quad core Mali-450 GPU. However, details about this SoC are not available, and Mstar Semi did not reply to my information request.

Here are the specifications for the new Kaiboer Android media players:

SoC – Mstar MSO9180D1R Quad core ARM Cortex A9 @ 1.5GHz with a quad-core ARM Mali-450 MP2 GPU.
System Memory
F5 – 1GB to 2GB DDR3
Q6 & Q9 – 2 GB DDR3
Storage
F5 – 8GB or 16GB eMMC + microSD card slot
Q6 – 16 GB eMMC + microSD card slot
Q9 – 16 GB eMMC + microSD card slot + internal SATA bay for 3.5″ drives
Video I/O
HDMI in, HDMI out (All models)
Q9 – CVBS and YPbPr
Audio I/O
HDMI in/out
optical S/PDIF
Q9 – Stereo RCA connectors + coaxial S/PDIF
Video Codecs – Up to 4K. MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4, DivX, H.264, VC-1, H.263, Real Media, MVC, WMV, H.265, RM, RMVB, FLV
Audio Formats – MPEG, WMA, WAV, APE, OGG, FLAC, ACC
Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band Wi-Fi 802 b/g/n with external antenna(s) (Two for F5 and Q9, one for Q6)
USB
F5 – 3x USB2.0 host ports
Q6 & Q9 – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB3.0 port
Front panel (F5 and Q9) – LCD display + power button. Q9 also have a control pad (OK + arrows).
Power Supply – 12V/2A
Dimensions
F5 – 180 x 160 x 15mm
Q6 – 100 x 160mm (cylinder)
Q9 – 363 x 235 x 65 mm

Kaiboer Mstar TV boxes run a custom version of Android 4.3 called KIUI 7, but an Android 4.4 KitKat update is being worked on.

cngadget got an early sample, and did an unboxing video. He also mentioned the box is supposed to support hardware video decoding in XBMC.

Neither devices are available on Aliexpress, and they can also be purchased from Tmall. Kaiboer Q9 sells for 1299 RMB (~$208), and Q6 for 699 RMB (~$112). Kaiboer F5 is nowhere to be seen, except on Alibaba.

Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/05/23/k...80d1r-soc/ and http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/08/18/u...d-hdmi-in/
wow all these boxes
I am starting to lose hope in Android Media boxes.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
yeah, none with hdmi 2.0 either, so no full 4k either
(2014-11-26, 16:37)movie78 Wrote: I am starting to lose hope in Android Media boxes.

Yep! I was looking forward to all the new releases. We have like 30 "GODLIKE" Android boxes by now and every day they release another box with same chipset and different manufacturer. This sucks!
I received one of these yesterday.Here are the results of a first round of testing. This was with the unit directly connected via HDMI to a 3DTV, and using a wired ethernet connection to play video stored on my home network.This is using the firmware v1.0.0.1 and the included XBMC build based on Kodi Helix alpha 4 (dated compiled 11 Nov 2014).

1. Regular 2D file playback from XBMC appears fine, but with no display refresh rate rate switching when the option is enabled within XBMC. I could not get digital audio passthrough to work, but did not test this extensively.
2. I could not get 3D blu-ray ISO/MVC to play back in 3D from within XBMC, despite playing with all the settings both within XBMC and outside I could find. Playback was in 2D only.
3. 3D blu-ray/ISO MVC will play back in 3D from the bundled media centre application if you navigate to the files. However, the play-back is not watchable because it stutters approximately every 5-10 seconds. The behaviour was the same using networked files via Samba or NFS.
4. General android stuff like installing apps from the play store seems to work fine.

I have emailed Zidoo about how to initiate 3D blu-ray ISO playback in 3D from XBMC, as I was informed this was available when I ordered the box. I am awaiting a reply.

The general build quality of this box is actually rather nice, the remote is plasticky but good enough, and the UI is okay too. But like so many other android based players, it doesn't look like it will deliver the key function I am looking for with the current software, which is to be able to play back 3D blu-ray ISO in 3D from XBMC. The fact this also does not work from the native media player is also discouraging. On the Himedia Q5, 3D blu-ray iso in 3D is working from the native player but not in my testing from XBMC. I don't own a Realtek-1195 based player (I have a cheap one in the post to me) but understand 3D iso is working on the native player on these boxes too.

I will post an update assuming Zidoo get back to me.
So I got this reply from Zidoo.....

"About XBMC supports 3D,
Is currently not well supported,
But can be used by the file manager can support,
As we know, XMBC is very important for foreign users, always liked to useXBMC to play all media files
Therefore, we attach great importance to, and now we are coordinated inconjunction with MSTAR, if we have the latest information, we will notify you immediately update the firmware."

Note the contrast between this state of affairs and the following reply when I initially emailed Zidoo and asked about this player. I asked "Does it support 3D ISO (frame packed MVC) playback in 3D from XBMC. this functionality is not native to XBMC and must be added by hardware/software developer in their XBMC build for their devices". And the reply I got from Zidoo's sales manager was "Yes, support 3D ISO (frame packed MVC) playback in 3D from XBMC and use build-in Hardware decoding".

Angry
I've been using XBMC on x86 systems (mostly openelec) for many years now and I've been searching for (cheaper) and more versatile alternatives. OpenElec is a quality product but it's missing a few features like web-browsing, social media, etc. These are the items the average user expects today. Have tried many Linux, Windows, Android alternatives, but somehow they don't pass the WAF. I needed something to get the best of both worlds. It needs to run third-party programs (apps if you like), have enough speed to run XBMC smoothly and above all have a user-friendly GUI.

Saw a demo of the Zidoo X9 UI and purchased one. I was a little weary because I've tried several sticks and boxes and they all lacked a good launcher or where very Asian orientated. Below an excerpt from the "First impressions" I wrote on the Zidoo forum. See the full post + suggestions I've made on http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...essions.8/

I'm no video or audio purist and this bought NOT to get the most out of video/audio playback but more to test its versatility and user-friendliness

The box

The build quality is very good. No flimsy plastic, but a well build aluminum uni-body. It breaths quality
Good reception for 2.4 and 5ghz Wifi
A nice little VFD, but way too bright. It needs a software option to be dimmed (VFDservice)

The software (X9 UI):

Finally a good attempt to integrate various Android-apps into a user friendly launcher. Definitely aimed for the western user. No frills, but nice and minimalistic. I've used many android boxes and sticks, but they almost all lack a good launcher (just stock android) or are very Asian orientated (no disrespect intended). The Zidoo X9 really distinguishes itself from the competition with this UI!
It has a few (cosmetic) translation errors
For those who are new at media-boxes, it is easy to work with (a very good WAF). No need to use the underlying Android-OS (4.4.2)
For those that are more experienced, it needs to be more configurable (see suggestions)

The software (others):

It comes Pre-Rooted! Very nice! User can access the whole file system with SSH or ADB. All settings needed to install third party apps are set (use unknown sources, usb debugging, etc)

Could not use Google Play initially (with Google account enabled). It says "Check your connection and try again". Installed Aptoide and updated Google Play

The built-in explorer is divided in sections (music, video, image) which scans local memory, attached usb devices or SDcards. The file chooser that follows could be less colorful in my opinion and could make better use of screen availability. Its color settings, font-size and column-width should be adjusted by the user. The fourth File option can make use of all local media or network shares. The context menu, however is still in Chinese

The mediaplayer does a good job. Tested only mkv's though. Fast skipping forward and backwards. Reads external .str files by default, but I learned if a fiddle with the subtitle settlings, I sometimes can't display them anymore. Also the fontsize could be thicker and use a shadow backdrop instead of a red frame.

It has some translation errors (cancle instead of cancel)

The Music Player initially looks nice but has no filter whatsoever in the playlist. It flattens all music files found and shows no filtering in artists, albums etc..............A non-usable app

The Image viewer has some nice transitions, but its media-scanner scans hidden files and folders and the shows numerous thumbnails created by third party apps like XBMC. Also the app crashes a lot

The Game player opens with featured Air Mouse Games. That's a little strange because the remote only has 4 directional mouse steering and no gyroscope (at least I could not get it to use as an air mouse). Did not test games but I presume they run well given the hardware

Finally XBMC. After all, it's the de facto multimedia player. Being a looooong time XBMC user, this HAD to run smooth. And it does. The remote runs swiftly through the menus with no delay whatsoever, but is can use a better button remapping. Multimedia content is added swiftly with the use of content scrapers en consequently played very smooth. (using on a LAN). I’ve only tested HD .mkv content. I’m no video purist and don’t watch 3D content, which in my opinion is a hype soon to be forgotten……….at least with glasses.
I’ve also installed the latest Kodi RC3 and initially noticed no differences in playback or CPU use. I did notice it was not possible to use Audio Passtrough

@malcolmbarr. For XBMC audio passthrough (in the installed version) you'll need to set the S/PDIF to NonPCM in the android systemsettings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZIDOO X9,A new Android tv box,4K*2K,HEVC,PVR,KODI,MSTAR 9180,2