Android ZIDOO X9,A new Android tv box,4K*2K,HEVC,PVR,KODI,MSTAR 9180,
We will be upgrade X9 firmware this week, it may include below features:

A redesigned file manager, which utilizing more screen space.
A redesigned album app, reduce OOM occurence.
A redesigned MediaPlayer, making the operation easier.
Redesigned PVR function, easier and stable UI experience
A new version of KODI for Zidoo, based on new Kodi version.
A more powerful memory management system, increasing system efficiency

The upgrade will be carried out through OTA online, X9 will be notified for upgrade automatically.

(2014-12-14, 22:57)DragonFly Wrote: I've been using XBMC on x86 systems (mostly openelec) for many years now and I've been searching for (cheaper) and more versatile alternatives. OpenElec is a quality product but it's missing a few features like web-browsing, social media, etc. These are the items the average user expects today. Have tried many Linux, Windows, Android alternatives, but somehow they don't pass the WAF. I needed something to get the best of both worlds. It needs to run third-party programs (apps if you like), have enough speed to run XBMC smoothly and above all have a user-friendly GUI.

Saw a demo of the Zidoo X9 UI and purchased one. I was a little weary because I've tried several sticks and boxes and they all lacked a good launcher or where very Asian orientated. Below an excerpt from the "First impressions" I wrote on the Zidoo forum. See the full post + suggestions I've made on http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...essions.8/

I'm no video or audio purist and this bought NOT to get the most out of video/audio playback but more to test its versatility and user-friendliness

The box

The build quality is very good. No flimsy plastic, but a well build aluminum uni-body. It breaths quality
Good reception for 2.4 and 5ghz Wifi
A nice little VFD, but way too bright. It needs a software option to be dimmed (VFDservice)

The software (X9 UI):

Finally a good attempt to integrate various Android-apps into a user friendly launcher. Definitely aimed for the western user. No frills, but nice and minimalistic. I've used many android boxes and sticks, but they almost all lack a good launcher (just stock android) or are very Asian orientated (no disrespect intended). The Zidoo X9 really distinguishes itself from the competition with this UI!
It has a few (cosmetic) translation errors
For those who are new at media-boxes, it is easy to work with (a very good WAF). No need to use the underlying Android-OS (4.4.2)
For those that are more experienced, it needs to be more configurable (see suggestions)

The software (others):

It comes Pre-Rooted! Very nice! User can access the whole file system with SSH or ADB. All settings needed to install third party apps are set (use unknown sources, usb debugging, etc)

Could not use Google Play initially (with Google account enabled). It says "Check your connection and try again". Installed Aptoide and updated Google Play

The built-in explorer is divided in sections (music, video, image) which scans local memory, attached usb devices or SDcards. The file chooser that follows could be less colorful in my opinion and could make better use of screen availability. Its color settings, font-size and column-width should be adjusted by the user. The fourth File option can make use of all local media or network shares. The context menu, however is still in Chinese

The mediaplayer does a good job. Tested only mkv's though. Fast skipping forward and backwards. Reads external .str files by default, but I learned if a fiddle with the subtitle settlings, I sometimes can't display them anymore. Also the fontsize could be thicker and use a shadow backdrop instead of a red frame.

It has some translation errors (cancle instead of cancel)

The Music Player initially looks nice but has no filter whatsoever in the playlist. It flattens all music files found and shows no filtering in artists, albums etc..............A non-usable app

The Image viewer has some nice transitions, but its media-scanner scans hidden files and folders and the shows numerous thumbnails created by third party apps like XBMC. Also the app crashes a lot

The Game player opens with featured Air Mouse Games. That's a little strange because the remote only has 4 directional mouse steering and no gyroscope (at least I could not get it to use as an air mouse). Did not test games but I presume they run well given the hardware

Finally XBMC. After all, it's the de facto multimedia player. Being a looooong time XBMC user, this HAD to run smooth. And it does. The remote runs swiftly through the menus with no delay whatsoever, but is can use a better button remapping. Multimedia content is added swiftly with the use of content scrapers en consequently played very smooth. (using on a LAN). I’ve only tested HD .mkv content. I’m no video purist and don’t watch 3D content, which in my opinion is a hype soon to be forgotten……….at least with glasses.
I’ve also installed the latest Kodi RC3 and initially noticed no differences in playback or CPU use. I did notice it was not possible to use Audio Passtrough

@malcolmbarr. For XBMC audio passthrough (in the installed version) you'll need to set the S/PDIF to NonPCM in the android systemsettings
Mirror88 - I have a question about 3D ISO MVC support on this player. Is 3D ISO MVC playback in 3D from XBMC going to be supported, and if so, when?
Mirror88 - I have another question. Are you aware of the issue with stuttering 3D ISO playback in the native media player, and if so, when is it going to be fixed?

I did some more testing of this last night and found the stuttering affected all of my 3D ISO files, and was the same whether the files were streamed from the network (using NFS or Samba) or from a connected USB drive.

Dragonfly - I would agree that as a non-3D blu-Ray box, the X9 shows a lot of promise. A lot will depend on whether the UI is your particular cup of tea, and I think you have a lot of Android options if you don't need 3D MVC. 3D may not be to your particular taste, but matters a lot to some, and is proving difficult for manufacturers of Android boxes to get right. I am sure you can appreciate my annoyance that Zidoo sales told me 3D MVC from XBMC was working, hence I bought the box, only to discover that on the shipped XBMC build no effort has been made to provide that support at all, and 3D playback from the native player does not work either!
Hi all
We had a new firmware,You can get the download URL tomorrow

A list of updating software
System:
1. To fix the system and remove the system prompts which hold resources.
2. Solving recording jitter.
3. Fixing some unsupported ISO lead local MM to be corrupted.
4. Advancing decoding to solve some problems that m2ts can not do.
5. Optimizing KODI (XBMC) from alpha to RC3.
6. Advancing teleswitch which can only cut definition of 4k30P,4k25P,1080P,720P .
7. Optimizing different kinds of repairs, upgrades, and revisions of native players.
8. Optimizing audio player to support the file of CUE.
9. Optimizing system settings, such as setting languages without focuses and removing the unnecessary settings.
10. Optimizing the compatibility of Google play.
11. Optimizing some play lag phases of 4K files.
12. Optimizing the hardware that supports the format of GPT.

UI:
1. Adding tips that show the Bluetooth has been connected on the chief interface.
2. To fix bugs, this will make the interface be in a mess when searching on the chief interface more than 4h.
3. Changing setting- common settings can not response to the mouse.
4. To make the applications update autonomously.
5. Solving the problems of input method errors when searching on the chief interface.
6. Solving the problems of search box that can not run its cursors when searching on the chief interface.
7. Optimizing the speed of interface.
8. Adding dynamic pushes of the major ICON on the chief interface.

Recorder:
1. Applying into HDMI IN, the camtasia studio will eject automatically.
2. Modifying Chinese errors under the status bar.
3. Modifying input definition into true definition.
4. Adding selections of the sampling rate:VAG1024000/ hd1024000*3/ Fhd1024000*
5.When recording, the mark on the upper right corner will display dynamically.
6. Modifying the bug which leads to errors of selecting month-end time.
7. The interface will be hidden if no operation for about 10s.
8. Solving the problem of the camtasia studio jitters
9. Modifying the bug that update box hidden by the camtasia studio.
10. Modifying the bug which came into the application error repeatedly.

Files Manager
1. Modifying ways of list rolled by a mouse, in order to match the rolling speed with wheel slip.

2. Solving problems of pictures on the file list turned into blank.
3. Adding entrances of direct files’ classification.
4. Adding video classifications of TS’s suffix.
5. It will display if you pull in/out USB on the file interface.
6. Adding entrance hinting play songs of FLAC WAV files.

Music Player
1. Adding the Support of the CUE + WAV, CUE + FLAC, CUE + APE and play track.
2. Modifying no response to the back button of Fly Mouse.
3. Adding the function that will acquire media files automatically when
entering the applications directly.

Image Manager
1. A comprehensive revision of application aims to present new appearance.
2. Solving unloaded errors result from frequent file access.
3. Adding flash effects, such as switching freely, throbbing, etc.
4. LWP doesn’t close after exiting the interface.
5. Out of memory.
6. Improve pictures’ definition when the flash runs.
7. Optimizing the speed of loading pictures.

Video Player
1. A comprehensive version of UI aims to present new appearance.
2. Solving no response to multiple subtitles plugins’ selection .
3. No response to switch track.
4. Fixing parts of MP4 files that can not get the total time.
5. Fixing parts of ISO files can't play, which lead to the player breakdown.
Mirror88 - could you answer the questions in the two posts prior to yours please.
(2014-12-17, 09:30)malcolmbarr Wrote: I am sure you can appreciate my annoyance that Zidoo sales told me 3D MVC from XBMC was working, hence I bought the box, only to discover that on the shipped XBMC build no effort has been made to provide that support at all, and 3D playback from the native player does not work either!

I hear you.........I would be annoyed too if that what was promised. But in the land of Android boxes there's a lot of trial and error. Most, if not all, of these boxes are aimed at the Asian market and not on the Western market and the more demanding and seasoned XBMC user.

The Zidoo is no x86 machine where the user can throw on its own choice of OS and get the most out of XBMC, but it's a compromise between the use of the many available Android apps and the use of XBMC. Throw in a launcher where the user has no need to access the underlying OS and you have a user friendly home mediaplayer experience
OTA is ready!
When I try the online update I get "undiscover new version". And there is no download provided on your website as a back up.
(2014-12-26, 23:07)malcolmbarr Wrote: When I try the online update I get "undiscover new version". And there is no download provided on your website as a back up.

Please give me your version number,in "setting - about"
Software version v1.0.0.1
(2014-12-27, 10:21)malcolmbarr Wrote: Software version v1.0.0.1

Sorry!
If your version is lower than v1.0.0.7 (in the setting - about), will not receive OTA automatic update, please download the file, unzip to get file:MstarUpgrade.bin, put it in the root directory of the U Disk(FAT32), inserted into X9 USB 2.0 PORT, then press and hold the RESET key to turn on the power, ten seconds after entering automatic brushing machine.

download URL: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/x91023bin/@/x91023bin.zip
When I click in the link in the last post, I get "error document not found" in my browser.
Does this thing use some custom made XBMC/Kodi version? If so let us see the source code as required by GPL
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-12-27, 12:32)malcolmbarr Wrote: When I click in the link in the last post, I get "error document not found" in my browser.

this link http://apidl.zidoo.tv/x91023bin/@/x91023bin.zip
That link worked - thanks

After this update there is still no 3d mvc playback in 3d from XBMC/Kodi, and the 3d playback via samba or nfs is not usable from the native media player.

The included KODI build has some Zidoo branding added - you should be sharing the code as per Martijn's post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZIDOO X9,A new Android tv box,4K*2K,HEVC,PVR,KODI,MSTAR 9180,2