Changes in NFO files not picked up
Hi.
I've made some changes to some .nfo files to include the <set> tags.
When the library rescans these changes in .nfo files aren't picked up - I have to manually view the movie info and click the refresh button before it's picked up.
Is this the usual behaviour? Is there a way to make the rescrape (albeit from local files) automatic?

Thanks,
John
AFAIK this is normal behaviour
The script in my sig can do that, eg "texturecache.py qax movies @nfo.refresh=0 @qa.period=9999" would refresh movies where the nfo file has been modified today (=1 since yesterday, =<date> since absolute date/time). Also works for tvshows.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
if you change the NFO you need to rescan(refresh)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn...what do you mean with rescan(refresh)?...He did a rescan, and the changes didn't take affect.

The changes in the nfo were just picked up as he went into the movie itself (by pressing "i" I suppose) and update the info inside the movie-info.

Dooes "rescan" mean you have to remove the sources and add them new or does "update library" (what i think, what he has done) will/should work as well?
Update library doesn't work. You have to reload the movie. It's always been like that.
@David1977 - That's exactly what I was doing, yes.
I found that I either have to go into the movies I've changed the nfo file for and refresh, or remove and re-add the source.... that's just a pain! I'd have hoped an update library command would have gone through and checked for nfo changes... sounds like a simple thing....

Am I right in thinking though that if I used mySql I wouldn't have to go to each client and refresh the movie for the nfo file... just do it once somewhere and it would filter out to all...?
You can "do it once." Delete your database, clean your library and add all your movies again to your library.
(2014-11-27, 18:13)clubwerks Wrote: You can "do it once." Delete your database, clean your library and add all your movies again to your library.

If I delete the database, will it delete by watched status?

Thanks.
Yep
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-11-27, 18:06)haverer2 Wrote: Am I right in thinking though that if I used mySql I wouldn't have to go to each client and refresh the movie for the nfo file... just do it once somewhere and it would filter out to all...?

Yes...with mySql you will have a centralized database and you only have to do this once.
(2014-11-28, 01:53)Milhouse Wrote: Yep

Thanks Milhouse. I figured the watch status would be deleted, but I just wanted to confirm my thoughts.

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changes in NFO files not picked up0