• 225(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Love the new skin settings. Don't know whether anyone else has faced an issue while creating sub-menu under 'TV Shows'. If one deletes the entire default sub menu you cannot add fresh sub menu items unless one restores the first default sub-menu item 'IN PROGRESS' and thereon starts adding fresh items. Then goes back and deletes the 'IN PROGRESS' sub menu. No other menu's had this problem.
(2015-11-24, 22:04)maverick1960 Wrote: Love the new skin settings. Don't know whether anyone else has faced an issue while creating sub-menu under 'TV Shows'. If one deletes the entire default sub menu you cannot add fresh sub menu items unless one restores the first default sub-menu item 'IN PROGRESS' and thereon starts adding fresh items. Then goes back and deletes the 'IN PROGRESS' sub menu. No other menu's had this problem.

If you don't get a '<None>' menu item automatically created when you delete all the items, it sounds like a bug with the Skin Shortcuts script reported a couple of days ago elsewhere on the forum (ultimately caused because the script forgets to check whether there are any hidden items when deciding whether to create the '<None>' item). If it's the same issue, we're still waiting to hear back from the first reporter whether https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...s/pull/110 solves the issue before it gets merged, if you want to test Smile.
I also reported that issue 'unable to build menu" (see post 11) with a debug log. The issue under 'TV Shows' only occurs if one deletes the entire default sub-menu and then tries to add <None> items. If one keeps any one default sub-menu item you can easily add <None> items. I installed the zip file given in the above link and it made no difference. Please let me know what to do and I will test it.

BTW faced another minor issue in the new created sub-menu of the 'MUSIC' menu. Maybe its a fault at my end but upon opening the music add ons (in the sub-menu) it also opens the videos window (displaying Files, Playlist & Video Addons). This never happened in the Sep 23rd update.
I'm not aware of any 'Unable to build menu' issues with the current repo version of the script - if you're experiencing one, please post a link to a debug log (wiki) (even if you've already posted one, post another, especially as post 11 is so long ago any pastebin sites would have dropped the log by now! And if you do report an issue with Skin Shortcuts but don't get a response, post a follow-up in the Skin Shortcuts thread in the skin development forum. I try to keep an eye on the skin support forums, but do miss plenty of posts).

If the PR I linked to didn't solve the issue, then you have a different issue than the one reported elsewhere a couple of days ago. Just to be certain, because I've been caught out like this before, can you please double check you downloaded the correct zip. It would have to be the one from the branch on my repo from which the PR originates - https://github.com/Ignoble61/script.skin...-shortcuts - and not the repo I linked to (which is the 'master' repo the fix will be merged into when it's confirmed working).

If you have done all that right, please post a link to a debug log (wiki) with Skin Shortcuts own debug logging option enabled - Settings > Add-Ons > System > Dependencies - showing you deleting all the menu items and trying to add a new one.

The music sub-menu issues could well be because Skin Shortcuts hasn't been updated on the repo yet for Jarvis, and some of the music shortcuts have changed. The git version (and the branch I link to above) have the Jarvis changes, and will update the old music shortcuts to the new ones when the menu is built. Otherwise, I believe (without checking) that in Jarvis the action to Music Addons should be ActivateWindow(Music,Addons,Return).
Hi Mike,

First I want to say how much I love your skin mod. I really like the info screen while playing playing videos. It's very informative, elapsed time, time remaining and end time, while still very minimalistic.

I noticed that I am getting an incompatibility in your repo.

The skin is installed and working fine. Any suggestions. Sorry if this sounds like a n00b question Confused
Hi, great Update, thanks a lot.
I couldn't figure out how to set wallpaper from my Kodi Root? I only see my NAS server Root, so it needs some seconds till the wallpaper appears, because the NAS has to wake up first.
Before update I saw the kodi root
Bob, kindly ignore my unable to build menu comment as it referred to the previous version of the script. Insofar as the problem on hand is concerned I enabled the debug option in the skin shortcuts script and then installed the script.skinshortcuts-fix-no-shortcuts.zip as per the link https://github.com/Ignoble61/script.skin...-shortcuts provided by you. Then deleted the default sub menu under 'TV Shows' but was still unable to add the <None> items. My debug log is http://xbmclogs.com/p7yzhcjue
Hello,

I re-set up my main menus and i try to add the widget for FILMS and TVSHOWS menus.
In the old version we had and "unwatch" define list. Now it disappeared.
So i created a playlist for Films and TVshows unwatched.
It's works fine for Films but for TVshows there is a problem.

I chose the episodes for playlist and with the widget on tvshows menu there is no information on each episode (not the duration and the name) when i select them on the panel
So is that a know bug ?
(2015-11-25, 00:35)maverick1960 Wrote: Bob, kindly ignore my unable to build menu comment as it referred to the previous version of the script. Insofar as the problem on hand is concerned I enabled the debug option in the skin shortcuts script and then installed the script.skinshortcuts-fix-no-shortcuts.zip as per the link https://github.com/Ignoble61/script.skin...-shortcuts provided by you. Then deleted the default sub menu under 'TV Shows' but was still unable to add the <None> items. My debug log is http://xbmclogs.com/p7yzhcjue

Thanks for the debug log. That does indeed confirm that this issue (it is the same as the other user reported) hasn't yet been fixed. It's proving to be a really annoying one to track down Smile. Can you please confirm whether you get a '<None>' item when you delete all the menu items, and when you start editing the submenu when there aren't any items in it already? Cheers.

Edit:- Actually, looking closer, it looks like you're still not using the fixed version - your log says the error is on line 903 - `orderIndex = int( listControl.getListItem( num ).getProperty( "skinshortcuts-orderindex" ) ) + 1` - but in the fix that line is on line 901. Sorry to ask you to check again, but can you please treble check you're using the right version to test the fix Smile

Direct link to zip - Not sure how you've been installing it, but please extract it over the contents of the existing 'script.skinshortcuts' directory (in 'addons', one directory up from the userdata (wiki) folder). Whilst you're in there, please also double-check there are no 'script.skinshortcuts-master' directories, which can confuse Kodi.
Hi, just started my FireTV today and my Kodi looks quite different. Same Silvo skin, but my custom main menu items are gone. I went into skin settings and tried to set them back up again, but all my custom main menu items are gone too. What happened? Confused
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Hmmm....I'm guessing there was an update? I see the method for setting up main menu items has changed. Was there anything I could have done to prevent my main menu from being destroyed and having to set it all up again?
(2015-11-25, 02:08)canadave Wrote: Hmmm....I'm guessing there was an update? I see the method for setting up main menu items has changed. Was there anything I could have done to prevent my main menu from being destroyed and having to set it all up again?

Nope. For 2 weeks Mike had a bulliten atop this thread stating that it was unavoidable that the next update would require everyone to reset their menus. I can understand how someone who doesn't visit here weekly wouldn't have received the message, but Mike was very clear about it and gave users weeks of prior notice.

Take it as an opportunity to customize the menus to your liking. Trust me its not hard.
Hello everyone. I didn't realize there was such a change but rebuilt all my menu items after the latest skin upgrade fairly quickly. I also updated Kodi to 15.2.

My question is whether or not anyone else is seeing a problem with Panel or Extended Panel style widgets.. I am getting double rows, it seems there is one behind another. They are different sizes but are showing the same thing.

Any thoughts on what is causing this? It must be the widget path to the "Latest Movies" for the Video addon that I am using. If I choose "Default" widget style there is no problem but I prefer Panel to the Default style.

(2015-11-25, 04:26)smw6230 Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 02:08)canadave Wrote: Hmmm....I'm guessing there was an update? I see the method for setting up main menu items has changed. Was there anything I could have done to prevent my main menu from being destroyed and having to set it all up again?

Nope. For 2 weeks Mike had a bulliten atop this thread stating that it was unavoidable that the next update would require everyone to reset their menus. I can understand how someone who doesn't visit here weekly wouldn't have received the message, but Mike was very clear about it and gave users weeks of prior notice.

Take it as an opportunity to customize the menus to your liking. Trust me its not hard.

Oh okay, no worries, thanks for the info. Yeah, I guess that means I have to drop in more often Smile I moved recently so haven't had a chance to keep abreast of what's happening. I got in and set up the menus without any trouble--actually seems a little easier to do than it was originally, so, good job Mike. Thanks!
I took a backup before doing this. Installed the direct link to the zip over the 'script.skinshortcuts' directory using the extraction path advised earlier. There was no 'script.skinshortcuts-master' directory. This maybe irrelevant but when I physically viewed the addons directory the fix directory is not visible but I while setting the extraction path through winrar the fix directory was visible in the addons directory.

Coming back to the issue. In the 'TV Shows' submenu once I delete all the default shortcuts (In Progress, Recently Added, Genres, Years, Actors) I cannot add any <None> item. However, if I restore any one default shortcut, say 'Actors' I could sequentially add the <None> items. Once I added all the <None> items then I deleted the default shortcut 'Actors'. Thereafter I can easily make a custom sub-menu. I have noted one other bug while restoring the default shortcuts. Even after restoring 'Recently Added' item it kept on appearing in the restore shortcut window and you can observe from my debug log that I restored 'Recently Added' four times. The other items (In Progress, Genres, Years, Actors) disappeared from the restore window once they had been restored. My debug log is http://xbmclogs.com/pyjkszrks

After Quitting Kodi I got a runtime error Program C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe
  • 225(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55