How is this?

watch gallery

Cool!! can i have the Mod?
(2015-02-05, 08:48)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 22:06)Mario S. Wrote: To -Do List
Backround behind Posters in Expandend Widget !! Wink

How is this?

watch gallery

Looks great Big Grin much better befor !!
(2015-02-05, 09:06)Mario S. Wrote: Looks great Big Grin much better befor !!

If you want to test it out I just pushed it to Git. I also made some experimental changes to the compact widgets and need some opinions on the new look. For those not interested in test driving but still want to provide feedback the pics below show some of the changes.

In case you don't know what to look for I removed the title and rating when you are not focused on a selected item and when focused the title has been moved to the top. I also added a diffused image to the top and bottom of the poster to help with seeing those labels when an item is focused.

watch gallery
(2015-02-05, 03:19)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Added an arrow indicator to the cast panel when highlighting an actor and you have script.extendedinfo installed. Any opinions on its inclusion?

watch gallery

nice idea

ok I'll test new git version
I've got a question!
I think it is interesting for all users that do not have English chosen as language!
it is possible to teach the skin which genre he would take .
In german Abenteuer = in englisch Adventure, In german Komoedie=englisch Comedy......

that would be really great for many user.

I do not know if that's at all possibleHuh

and interesting for all skinners and modders !!!!
(2015-02-05, 07:26)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 01:01)antisuck Wrote: Since you were foolish enough to ask for suggestions.. Wink Any chance you'd consider revealing a couple more options to let us control how fast the fanart slideshow runs?

musicvisualization.xml <fadetime>
and
defaults.xml <timeperimage>

I end up editing those files after every update, because I've always found the defaults to be too fast and abrupt. Of course maybe everybody else thinks they're perfect, in which case you can just ignore me. Smile

If you follow the instruction in this post does that let you control the refresh without needing to edit the files? Besides the one edit you need to make in the instruction... If you are talking about the Music Artist Slideshow I do not believe it is controlled by the fanart script so I would still need to figure out how to implement choosing that unless this solves your problem of course...
I sure didn't intend for you to go researching this piddly little issue for me, thanks for that. To clarify things:

- I will try your suggestion but I don't have high hopes, since I am looking to change both the duration of each image and the actual dissolve time, not just one or the other.
- Artist Slideshow is exactly what is being altered by my edits. I don't normally use any other multi-image backgrounds but when I put one up for testing on a main menu screen it oddly wasn't affected. Not sure why.
- This is such a small thing, I really didn't expect much of a response unless you (or a dozen other users like me) said "wow that's been bugging me too good idea to have a setting for it". I really appreciate you looking into a solution for me but, really, I'm ok with it. Smile

Panel widgets are looking spectacular btw.
looks really greatRofl

Is there a possibility when I press ok (on my remote) that not the movie starts but i come to the Video Info Dialog? (when widget is set to newest movies or random movies......)

Two things in compact panel widget it scrolls when the last icon is marked (thats good) in expanden when second last is marked looks not so good

when i select no panel style widget layout i have the backround !! (Picture below)

thanks for your hard work Big Grin
one more thing i found !!
have you change the name of trailer button in german its now "wiedergeben trailer" Huh
that does not sound good in German "trailer abspielen" or "trailer wiedergeben" i think only "trailer" was the best naming !!!
(2015-02-05, 09:31)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 09:06)Mario S. Wrote: Looks great Big Grin much better befor !!

If you want to test it out I just pushed it to Git. I also made some experimental changes to the compact widgets and need some opinions on the new look. For those not interested in test driving but still want to provide feedback the pics below show some of the changes.

In case you don't know what to look for I removed the title and rating when you are not focused on a selected item and when focused the title has been moved to the top. I also added a diffused image to the top and bottom of the poster to help with seeing those labels when an item is focused.

watch gallery
My personal preference will be this, clean look!

Thanks for the hard work
If we are voting, I would prefer the image with the details on all of them so you can scan them at a glance without having to scroll over each one to read them. As we have all seen, some box art doesn't have a good representation of what the movie title is and we have to rely on the text of it. Having the text and IMDB/TMDB rating on there at all times helps to quick scan and see what the hard to discern movies are.

With this style it would also require a highlight box to know what movie the cursor is sitting on but that is kind of a given.

(2015-02-05, 09:02)Warez Wrote: Cool!! can i have the Mod?

It is available on Git. The panel widgets are not yet ready for release.

(2015-02-05, 10:33)Mario S. Wrote: I've got a question!
I think it is interesting for all users that do not have English chosen as language!
it is possible to teach the skin which genre he would take .
In german Abenteuer = in englisch Adventure, In german Komoedie=englisch Comedy......

that would be really great for many user.

I do not know if that's at all possibleHuh

and interesting for all skinners and modders !!!!

If you change the genres to themoviedb and select your language in the Universal Movie scraper you can have the genres in your language. That probably means you're most likely going to have to rename your genre fanart for it to appear if you do that, depending on where you get the pack from and what the files are named of course.

(2015-02-05, 11:14)Mario S. Wrote: looks really greatRofl

Is there a possibility when I press ok (on my remote) that not the movie starts but i come to the Video Info Dialog? (when widget is set to newest movies or random movies......)

Two things in compact panel widget it scrolls when the last icon is marked (thats good) in expanden when second last is marked looks not so good

when i select no panel style widget layout i have the backround !! (Picture below)

thanks for your hard work Big Grin

I will look into seeing if I can trigger the information window to pop up. Not sure what you mean with the second part. I will fix that background and push it to Git some time today.

(2015-02-05, 11:27)Mario S. Wrote: one more thing i found !!
have you change the name of trailer button in german its now "wiedergeben trailer" Huh
that does not sound good in German "trailer abspielen" or "trailer wiedergeben" i think only "trailer" was the best naming !!!

I did change the name of the trailer button but that was only for testing and I forgot to switch it back before I pushed it to Git. I will fix that also.

(2015-02-05, 17:23)LFCFAN Wrote: My personal preference will be this, clean look!

Thanks for the hard work

(2015-02-05, 17:32)choekstr Wrote: If we are voting, I would prefer the image with the details on all of them so you can scan them at a glance without having to scroll over each one to read them. As we have all seen, some box art doesn't have a good representation of what the movie title is and we have to rely on the text of it. Having the text and IMDB/TMDB rating on there at all times helps to quick scan and see what the hard to discern movies are.

With this style it would also require a highlight box to know what movie the cursor is sitting on but that is kind of a given.

None of the widgets have been finalized so everything is up to a "vote" especially since I don't use widgets personally so it will be the consensus of those who do. So if anyone has an opinion and shares it, It will be a factor in how the final release looks.
thanks mike Wink
yes i know that with the Universal Movie scraper buth for me is it a little bit slow Big Grin no problem i rename my genre files it was only a question interested me !

with the second part i mean if you scroll to the right the next poster
appears when you are at the last one poster (compact panel widget) and by the expanded panel widget by the last second !
Hmmm...I thought i replied just now, but looks like the post didn't make it through. If it did, just ignore this one Smile

Basically just wanted to add my kudos for the panel widget, which looks spectacular indeed. My vote would be to leave the info off everything except the selected panel poster, although I can understand the rationale for having it on all of them.

One question I have would be whether it might look better to have the title and rating text above and below the selected poster, rather than inside the poster boundaries. I think that would look cleaner. Also, is there any chance the selected panel poster could be slightly enlarged, just like the selected posters in Shift view? If so, I think that would look pretty cool.... Smile

No matter what it turns out as, though, it's definitely a big improvement over the existing widget, so...great work!!
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2015-02-05, 20:04)Mario S. Wrote: with the second part i mean if you scroll to the right the next poster
appears when you are at the last one poster (compact panel widget) and by the expanded panel widget by the last second !

I think this issue is solved now. If you can confirm it that would be great. Updated on Git or you can just replace the file from Git by clicking the commit then click view then right click raw choose save as and replace the old file with the new one. You also need to either perform a ReloadSkin() command or restart to see the changes.

Thanks
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55