• 511(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I've been using this mod for quite a while and really enjoy it. Just have one minor issue.
In the movie info window the background starts off as black but after a few seconds it changes to a much brighter gray. Makes for poor contrast when trying to read the info.

I imagine I have something configured wrong in the skin settings, but no idea where to start? It almost looks like there is something trying to shine through from behind the window.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2018-04-28, 14:36)mrpg Wrote: Hi,
I feel a bit dump posting this, but i cannot find the info on how i change this Sad

My guess its part of the skin?

I want to change the items that appear on my "Favorites Widget" and "Programs Widget" , i have done this in the past, i.e selected which items i want to appear on these widgets, but cannot figure out where i go in and customize these widgets.

Any help would be very appriciated

Best Regards
Patric
You can't change the widgets that show all programs or favorites but you can create a Custom Widget and set that up any way you'd like.

(2018-04-29, 01:49)wgstarks Wrote: I've been using this mod for quite a while and really enjoy it. Just have one minor issue.
In the movie info window the background starts off as black but after a few seconds it changes to a much brighter gray. Makes for poor contrast when trying to read the info.

I imagine I have something configured wrong in the skin settings, but no idea where to start? It almost looks like there is something trying to shine through from behind the window.
It is not a grey background all the time, it changes based on the posters colors. You have enabled the blur background behind information option.

You can disable it in the Info Screen by clicking the extras button and choosing settings or in Skin settings > Customization > Video & Music information
(2018-04-29, 02:26)mikeSiLVO Wrote: [quote="mrpg" pid='2729885' dateline='1524918981']

It is not a grey background all the time, it changes based on the posters colors. You have enabled the blur background behind information option.

You can disable it in the Info Screen by clicking the extras button and choosing settings or in Skin settings > Customization > Video & Music information

Outstanding. Figured I had something configured wrong. Just wasn’t sure what. Thanks.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi,
Quote:mrpg Wrote: Hi,
I feel a bit dump posting this, but i cannot find the info on how i change this Sad

My guess its part of the skin?

I want to change the items that appear on my "Favorites Widget" and "Programs Widget" , i have done this in the past, i.e selected which items i want to appear on these widgets, but cannot figure out where i go in and customize these widgets.

Any help would be very appriciated

Best Regards
Patric
You can't change the widgets that show all programs or favorites but you can create a Custom Widget and set that up any way you'd like.

I guess they could be a custom widget that was included in a previous version of aeon nox? , because they do not show all programs, or all my favorites, only select few items that i choose for the panel, i just dont understand how i modify the content of these widgets, i.e i have not created them myself, but vagely remembered i could edit these widgets quite easily.
Ive been having a problem with my artwork showing for music albums with multiple discs

This is the issue I reported in the artwork beef forum
Quote:The addon seems to have a problem with albums that have more than one disc and multiple cdart files.
Im using the Discnumber ID3 tag for my albums that have multiple discs. These albums show no CD image (apart from the pre set fallback image) with skins that require Artwork Beef (  Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO in my case). The file structure im using is for example:

"\\DISKSTATION\music\Iron Maiden\En Vivo!\Disc 1" in here is cdart.png and folder.jpg
"\\DISKSTATION\music\Iron Maiden\En Vivo!\Disc 2" the directory also contains these files but cdart.png is a different image

in Kodi itself these albums with multiple discs show as a single album with the first discs tracks in order followed by the second discs tracks show in order

How do I get the cdart to show for these albums? They work perfectly fine with skins that dont require Artwork Beef to show these additional images

thanks

in the latest update 0.18.5 of artwork beef this issue has apparantly been fixed, but if I understand correctly Aeon Nox Silvo would need updating to support it. Are you aware of this and is this something that could be implemented in a future update to Aeon Nox Silvo?

Quote:I have updated Artwork Beef to 0.18.5.

The big fix is rearranging file deletion so that only the manual process even has a path to the code that deletes files, rather than sharing a code path with the automatic process that should have had ample protection but did not (for reasons I still frustratingly have not figured out). Much safer, fewer shoulds and should-nots coming from me on file handling.

Another notable fix is identifying local artwork for music albums split into separate folders by disc. Multiple discart will be added as 'discart1', 'discart2', and so on to the album based on disc # as Kodi has in its database, but that's another case where skins will need a bit more work to match tracks to their discart (the bottom of Skin support has my first attempt at this).

Finally, viewing the artwork report in the GUI on Android has been fixed, and the InvalidHeader error message should include a bit more information that may help to narrow down the problem.
(2018-04-29, 18:16)mrpg Wrote: I guess they could be a custom widget that was included in a previous version of aeon nox? , because they do not show all programs, or all my favorites, only select few items that i choose for the panel, i just dont understand how i modify the content of these widgets, i.e i have not created them myself, but vagely remembered i could edit these widgets quite easily.
Sorry but there is no way for me to know or tell you what you used/did to create your previous Widgets. I wasn't standing there when you did it Wink

If you want to make your own custom Widget then when selecting one scroll to the bottom and choose Custom Widget:

After you have finished selecting all the options in the Widget Customizer back out to the previous screen and a new item will be listed below the Widget:

After clicking on Configure Custom Widget you can select whatever you want:

(2018-04-30, 22:41)dazzaw Wrote: Ive been having a problem with my artwork showing for music albums with multiple discs

in the latest update 0.18.5 of artwork beef this issue has apparantly been fixed, but if I understand correctly Aeon Nox Silvo would need updating to support it. Are you aware of this and is this something that could be implemented in a future update to Aeon Nox Silvo?
I can possibly add it some time in the future but this is a new feature. For now I will wait and see what changes in Kodi core or if there are any improvements/changes to Artwork Beef before committing to it.
Last time I used Artwork Beef it changed all of my fanart images names and I didn't like it, is it something I need to change in the settings are just the way this add-on works?
(2018-05-01, 06:04)guandms Wrote: Last time I used Artwork Beef it changed all of my fanart images names and I didn't like it, is it something I need to change in the settings are just the way this add-on works?
That is best asked in the addons thread. There is also a nice WiKi linked to in the first post.
(2018-05-01, 05:52)mikeSiLVO Wrote:  
(2018-04-30, 22:41)dazzaw Wrote: Ive been having a problem with my artwork showing for music albums with multiple discs

I can possibly add it some time in the future but this is a new feature. For now I will wait and see what changes in Kodi core or if there are any improvements/changes to Artwork Beef before committing to it. 
 Ok, thanks for the reply Smile
(2018-05-01, 06:08)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2018-05-01, 06:04)guandms Wrote: Last time I used Artwork Beef it changed all of my fanart images names and I didn't like it, is it something I need to change in the settings are just the way this add-on works?
That is best asked in the addons thread. There is also a nice WiKi linked to in the first post. 
There is a setting in Artwork Beef to just use local images, there are also some options to delete art work. Make sure they are all toggled off (thing they are off by default though)
There is not way to "complain" about this skin... It is the best skin by far!

However... I do miss the LARGE "Banner" view for TV that the stock NOX has. For my TV in the bedroom, it is smaller and farther away (Plus some people may not wear their glasses in bed) and the BIG banners are perfect. Just ONE "big" view in each section to consider those with bad eyes?
Hey guys.

I have noticed an difference in the Information / resume popup behaviour.
In v17 with v6.0.X silvio the behaviour was the following:
  • select movie or episode
  • Information window openes (big picture of the movie, length, descritpion...)
  • play button is automatically selected
  • press enter/ok
  • a popup appears and asks to resume or start from the beginning
In v18 with 6.1.X its a little bit different:
  • when under Settings -> Media -> Video -> Default action -> "Information" is selected (hope this is correct in english, have translated it from my german installation)
    • press enter/ok
    • movie always starts from the beginning

• when under Settings -> Media -> Video -> Default action -> "Choose" is selected (hope this is correct in english, have translated it from my german installation)
    • a popup appears and asks to resume, start from the beginning or display information
    • all three are working as they should (resum, beginning and information)
    • press enter/ok
Is it possible to get the v17 behaviour in v18 (select movie -> information -> popup)?

Thx
pOpY
how can I update a aeon nox v18 git version with another one?
Must I overwrite the new version with the old one?
thanks in advance
Hi,
just noticed that when caching extrafanart for my tv shows it doesn't cache my local extrafanart for "The Handmaid's Tale".
Seems like it has a problem with the apostrophe.
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
(2018-05-02, 18:12)tommymsw Wrote: There is not way to "complain" about this skin... It is the best skin by far!

However... I do miss the LARGE "Banner" view for TV that the stock NOX has. For my TV in the bedroom, it is smaller and farther away (Plus some people may not wear their glasses in bed) and the BIG banners are perfect. Just ONE "big" view in each section to consider those with bad eyes?
No views have been removed. I think you want InfoWall with banners enabled in the views settings. That will look like the BannerWall view of OG Nox 5 with the list layout.

(2018-05-03, 21:58)popy Wrote: Hey guys.

I have noticed an difference in the Information / resume popup behaviour.
In v17 with v6.0.X silvio the behaviour was the following:
  • press enter/ok
  • a popup appears and asks to resume or start from the beginning
In v18 with 6.1.X its a little bit different:
  • when under Settings -> Media -> Video -> Default action -> "Information" is selected (hope this is correct in english, have translated it from my german installation)
    • press enter/ok

• when under Settings -> Media -> Video -> Default action -> "Choose" is selected (hope this is correct in english, have translated it from my german installation)
    • a popup appears and asks to resume, start from the beginning or display information
    • all three are working as they should (resum, beginning and information)
    • press enter/ok
Is it possible to get the v17 behaviour in v18 (select movie -> information -> popup)?

Thx
pOpY
Wait a second... You're telling me that only Aeon Nox SiLVO is doing this and any other skin including Estuary is not?

(2018-05-04, 17:57)fsampei Wrote: how can I update a aeon nox v18 git version with another one?
Must I overwrite the new version with the old one?
thanks in advance
Read the FAQ on first page second post.

(2018-05-05, 17:35)Maaarv Wrote: Hi,
just noticed that when caching extrafanart for my tv shows it doesn't cache my local extrafanart for "The Handmaid's Tale".
Seems like it has a problem with the apostrophe.
That is a script.toolbox issue. If you use the latest version from Git I have switched over to using Artwork Beef so this will no longer be an issue and you will not need to run cache fanart anymore after adding new media. You might have to run artwork beef but that is all dependent on the settings you choose for that add-on and if you have already installed and run it beforehand.
  • 511(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55