• 579(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2019-07-22, 14:54)Jeffers24 Wrote: I would like to enable conditional weather to use my locally stored weather images.

Where do I change the path to use my images rather than the ones currently used?

I only wish to use conditional weather backgrounds on the Weather page, I'm using Kodi 18.3.

You would have to mod that into the skin. I only support the Kodi resource add-ons and not a personal folder of images.

You could possibly add your images to the Kodi repo then anyone could just install it like the other Weather fanarts.

(2019-07-22, 23:21)sniferx1 Wrote: Thanks. All good. Will wait for the next update then.

Also I want to change it while
Waiting for your update what file and field I need to change?

Thanks again...

I wouldn't recommend swapping out files cause I have been doing a lot of changes and there would be other things affected. Best practice is to either delete the old skin completely or, if you want to try and change the code yourself, then just follow the commit HERE.

It is ~5 line changes across 2 files

(2019-07-23, 21:49)Karellen Wrote: Hi @mikeSiLVO

While helping another member I have noticed that a settings screen is missing from the Music section of your skin. I haven't noticed before as it has been quite a while since adding a music source.

In AeonNox:Silvo, when adding a new Source to Kodi we are prompted with this dialogue...

There are extra options that were added in v18 by daveblake, so we have this additional option shown here in Estuary...

Then from the Settings option, we have this screen

Is it something you would consider adding?

I didn't even know about this button. I don't see it listed in the skinning engine changes for Leia Confused

I will add it though. Should be up on Git in a little bit.

(2019-07-23, 21:58)Karellen Wrote: Another issue is that with an empty library and no sources added, I am given the following screen but there is no Files option so I cannot add my Sources. I have to exit out to Estuary to do it.

Yeah this is a code snafu. It is trying to open ActivateWindow(Music,musicdb://,return) when it should be either ActivateWindow(Music) or ActivateWindow(Music,Files) will fix this too Smile

An alternative method until the skin is updated is System > Media > Manage Sources > Music:

Thanks Big Grin
(2019-07-24, 05:25)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I didn't even know about this button. I don't see it listed in the skinning engine changes for Leia Confused
Possibly @DaveBlake was not aware of the listing, or he simply forgot.

Thanks for the quick fixes. Smile Have not installed yet, but will shortly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-07-24, 05:25)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I didn't even know about this button. I don't see it listed in the skinning engine changes for Leia Confused
(2019-07-24, 08:32)Karellen Wrote: Possibly @DaveBlake was not aware of the listing, or he simply forgot.
Happily oblivious Rolleyes
The Update Library confirmation dialog gained a button back in 2017 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12987 . A new dialog to set information provider was also added. Since both were based on a standard dialogs I thought that no skin specific changes were needed, but of course it is a skinning engine change, my bad. I will try to be more aware in future Smile
@Karellen and @DaveBlake looks like it was added in Krypton but never used. At least I don't think it has been used until that Leia commit Huh

That and me not re-adding my music library in ages is probably why I never noticed it was missing.

In other words, not @DaveBlake 's mistake. Is mine for not adding it to the skin back then Nod
@mikeSiLVO 
When watching a Movie/TV Show stream and I press OK, the control options appear at the bottom of the screen.
When listening to a radio station and I press OK, the control options appear at the top.
See screenshot below.
AEON NOX 5 are always at the top.
Is it possible for me using skin settings to always have the control options at the top of the screen?
(2019-07-27, 15:30)Jeffers24 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO 
When watching a Movie/TV Show stream and I press OK, the control options appear at the bottom of the screen.
When listening to a radio station and I press OK, the control options appear at the top.
See screenshot below.
Is it possible for me using skin settings to always have the control options at the top of the screen?

Yup it is.

(2019-07-27, 16:28)flhthemi Wrote:
(2019-07-27, 15:30)Jeffers24 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO 
See screenshot below.

Yup it is.

ImageImage 

Many thanks, worked a treat :-)
I am having an issue where the stock intro video will not play sound except at the end. Is therea setting in the startup.xml in the skin that
needs to be edited.
(2016-10-20, 11:58)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2016-10-20, 11:26)Solo0815 Wrote: Do you mind, if I add a PR for these changes? Then you can review it and decide.
Quote:... Just because it is in BigNoids skin doesn't mean it will make it to mine especially Live TV stuff. ...
What is so special on LiveTV, that you don't want to make it better. Huh
And I'm not talking about the PVRDemo client. See Plot/PlotOutline 

You can PR whatever you'd like Smile

The special part about Live TV is that I need to commit any changes manually and sometimes I prefer to spend time on other things, then there is all the code removed/added/changed so it takes even more time to look it over and add it.

We have had a discussion about Plot/Outline previously and I said that I prefer to get a wider sample of how that is handled by other backends and locations that differ from yours before I changed it. Where does the info in PlotOutline come from? Who provides it? What does it say using WMC in the states? Why does PlotOutline show Episode Name and Year? It doesn't seem to make sense to me to do that when PlotOutline is handled differently in Kodi library. Lots of unanswered questions...
Quote:What is so special on LiveTV, that you don't want to make it better. Huh
Better according to whom Huh

I have an opinion too, which is why I said "I may do something different" Wink 

Yes I agree
Is there a list of the view ids for this skin?
Hey mike, wondering if you could help... I am using your skin on a new kodi leia install on the Shield TV, but I can't seem to figure out how to enable the opencases/boxset mod in the Showcase view. I checked under Showcase view settings, but they are not listed there. Is there something I am missing? I went through what seems like everywhere but can't get them to work/show up.
(2019-07-29, 22:40)Aceofclubs#316 Wrote: I am having an issue where the stock intro video will not play sound except at the end. Is therea setting in the startup.xml in the skin that
needs to be edited.

Sounds like a possible issue with refresh rate change. I have a delay in audio when that happens for library items but not during startup for the intro. You can post your debug log (wiki) if you want me to take a look but if it is the refresh rate switching then you would need to figure out the settings you have that is making that happen.

(2019-08-02, 19:02)Kincaid Wrote: Is there a list of the view ids for this skin?

The skins 16x9 folder has the xml files and the views have the name preceded by the view id.

(2019-08-03, 12:39)gmantonz Wrote: Hey mike, wondering if you could help... I am using your skin on a new kodi leia install on the Shield TV, but I can't seem to figure out how to enable the opencases/boxset mod in the Showcase view. I checked under Showcase view settings, but they are not listed there. Is there something I am missing? I went through what seems like everywhere but can't get them to work/show up.

You need script.skin.info.service installed. For now you can install it from my repo, the download link is on the first page.

I am waiting to hear back about possibly getting it into the Kodi default repository.
How can I delete the black area at the bottom in this view (outlined in red)?:
(2019-08-03, 15:24)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-08-03, 12:39)gmantonz Wrote: Hey mike, wondering if you could help... I am using your skin on a new kodi leia install on the Shield TV, but I can't seem to figure out how to enable the opencases/boxset mod in the Showcase view. I checked under Showcase view settings, but they are not listed there. Is there something I am missing? I went through what seems like everywhere but can't get them to work/show up.

You need script.skin.info.service installed. For now you can install it from my repo, the download link is on the first page.

I am waiting to hear back about possibly getting it into the Kodi default repository. 

Thanks Mike, that worked! I think I also found a small bug with the live background cases for sets. If a set contains 4K quality movies, the cases on the live background show as Bluray, but when you go into the boxset, they show up as 4K just fine. So I don't think the live backgrounds mod is reading the 4K cases.
I have a couple of funnies on the TV show detail view that I'd like some pointers for .  The last show always seem to be the last episode of House  and the time captures 2700m .   From what I can tell it seems to cache the details of a previously viewed show and then just re-display them.   Has anyone else seen this ?
KODI Nexus - CoreELEC everywhere on Ugoos AM6 Plus&Pro, Plex Server, HDHomerun with TVHeadend on my NAS.
  • 579(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55