• 697(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2021-10-13, 05:09)mazeeff Wrote: When I play music from the Radio Paradise app, I get an error about looking for the "Rick Dangerous" emulator. Rick Dangerous is a old DOS game!
Sounds like it is related to this issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=364900
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-13, 05:50)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 05:09)mazeeff Wrote: When I play music from the Radio Paradise app, I get an error about looking for the "Rick Dangerous" emulator. Rick Dangerous is a old DOS game!
Sounds like it is related to this issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=364900
Yes. That is exactly the same problem. Sounds like it will require a Silvo fix to this skin.
(2021-10-13, 05:09)mazeeff Wrote:
(2021-10-12, 20:34)JohnnyBluRay Wrote: Has anyone seen issues playing audio podcast or audio only YouTube? In just the last few days when starting a YouTube (Audio Only) stream or a Audio podcast stream, it begins to play and then immediately errors out. If I load any other skin, they play with no problem. I have not changed, added or remove anything. I am using version 8.0.0 with Matrix 19.1 and upgraded to 19.2 today with same results.
I have seen something similar, pop up, in just the last couple of days. When I play music from the Radio Paradise app, I get an error about looking for the "Rick Dangerous" emulator. Rick Dangerous is a old DOS game! I am running 19.2 on Windows 11. It all works fine when switching to the estuary skin.
I too have started having issues with the Radio addon from Kodi Repo.
A clean install of Kodi 19.2 on my W10 laptop, install Radio and Kodi logfile upload addons.
Run Radio addon, addon opens, select 'Local Stations' and get immediate Radio Network error.
Here's a link to my Kodi log:- https://paste.kodi.tv/ejeroyozep
I don't know what's causing the problem Kodi 19, AEON Nox SiLVO Skin, Radio Addon, back end radio server/s  Huh

Radio works okay in Kodi 18.9 on my same laptop.

Here's a screenshot of my Radio addon error message:-
(2021-10-13, 06:44)Jeffers24 Wrote: I don't know what's causing the problem Kodi 19, AEON Nox SiLVO Skin, Radio Addon, back end radio server/s 
Read back the last couple of posts
@mikeSiLVO needs to look into it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-13, 06:46)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 06:44)Jeffers24 Wrote: I don't know what's causing the problem Kodi 19, AEON Nox SiLVO Skin, Radio Addon, back end radio server/s 
Thanks, I missed that post.

For info, here's a screenshot of the popup I get when I run Radio addon on Kodi 19.1 on my shield:-
(2021-10-13, 06:46)Karellen Wrote:
I'm being a bit slow this morning.

Just occurred to me that the Radio error I am getting and the Kodi log I sent, is a clean install of Kodi 19.2 on my W10 laptop using the Estuary skin. See line 95 in Kodi log.

Would this change your reply to me, "look a couple of posts up"?

EDIT -     Changed the skin on my shield from Aeon Nox SiLVO  to Estuary, Radio addon now works. Maybe more than one issue?
(2021-10-13, 07:02)Jeffers24 Wrote: Would this change your reply to me, "look a couple of posts up"?
Sorry, I don't understand. I wasn't being nasty, I was just pointing you to my post and others with the same problem.

I wonder why this problem has arisen, as there has been no update to the skin since June
My Signature
(2021-10-13, 07:05)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 07:02)Jeffers24 Wrote: Would this change your reply to me, "look a couple of posts up"?
Sorry, I don't understand. I wasn't being nasty, I was just pointing you to my post and others with the same problem.

I wonder why this problem has arisen, as there has been no update to the skin since June
No need to say sorry, I appreciated your post and pointer.

It looked like it was being suggested that the issue was in the AEON Nox SiLVO skin.

My post was simply to point out that on my W10 laptop I was using the Estuary skin, AEON Nox SiLVO skin not installed.

Crossed posts and understandings I think. We'll get there in the end.

Like you just questioning why it would be AEON Nox SiLVO that may have caused this issue.

As I posted I was being a bit slow this morning
(2021-10-13, 07:12)Jeffers24 Wrote: My post was simply to point out that on my W10 laptop I was using the Estuary skin, AEON Nox SiLVO skin not installed.
ah, got it.
That's interesting. I'll see if I can find anyone else to take a look. But that code was found in the Aeon Nox Silvo skin. I'll see if it can also be found in the Estuary skin.

Although looking at your log, you have addon errors...
xml:
<general>: [plugin.audio.radio_de] __urlopen URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1128)>
<general>: [plugin.audio.radio_de] String is missing: network_error
My Signature
(2021-10-13, 07:23)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 07:12)Jeffers24 Wrote: My post was simply to point out that on my W10 laptop I was using the Estuary skin, AEON Nox SiLVO skin not installed.
ah, got it.
That's interesting. I'll see if I can find anyone else to take a look. But that code was found in the Aeon Nox Silvo skin. I'll see if it can also be found in the Estuary skin.

Although looking at your log, you have addon errors...
xml:
<general>: [plugin.audio.radio_de] __urlopen URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1128)>
<general>: [plugin.audio.radio_de] String is missing: network_error
That's where it gets more confusing, because the Radio addon in my Kodi 18.9 fork on my same laptop works without any errors.

But Radio addon on my laptop in both Kodi 19.1 and 19.2 fails with network error. Points to Kodi 19 issue.

The issue with the Radio addon on my shield is fixed when I change to Eustaury. Points to skin issue.

This is an interesting one for someone to find the problem.
Just a interesting note. If I play local music, without going into the full screen playback mode, the music plays fine. As soon as I go into the playback screen, it instantly gets the Rick Dangerous error. Streaming apps like Radio Paradise go to the playback screen straight off, so they get the error instantly! The Rick Dangerous thing really threw me off!
(2021-10-13, 07:43)mazeeff Wrote: Just a interesting note. If I play local music, without going into the full screen playback mode, the music plays fine. As soon as I go into the playback screen, it instantly gets the Rick Dangerous error. Streaming apps like Radio Paradise go to the playback screen straight off, so they get the error instantly! The Rick Dangerous thing really threw me off!
Very useful information.

Using Kodi 19.1 and AEON Nox Silvo skin on my shield with full screen playback selected I get the Rick Dangerous popup. Change full screen setting to off and Radio addon playing okay.

I believe the 'Switch to visualisation on playback' in Media Settings was a Kodi 19 addition.

In the Kodi 18 version of AEON Nox SiLVO Mike got full screen on play back to work with a special skin setting/workaround.
(2021-10-13, 07:54)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 07:43)mazeeff Wrote: Just a interesting note. If I play local music, without going into the full screen playback mode, the music plays fine. As soon as I go into the playback screen, it instantly gets the Rick Dangerous error. Streaming apps like Radio Paradise go to the playback screen straight off, so they get the error instantly! The Rick Dangerous thing really threw me off!
Very useful information.

Using Kodi 19.1 and AEON Nox Silvo skin on my shield with full screen playback selected I get the Rick Dangerous popup. Change full screen setting to off and Radio addon playing okay.

I believe the 'Switch to visualisation on playback' in Media Settings was a Kodi 19 addition.

In the Kodi 18 version of AEON Nox SiLVO Mike got full screen on play back to work with a special skin setting/workaround.
That is interesting. I already had the "Switch to visualization on playback", set to off. Radio Paradise (Different from the "Radio" app) still fails! I think that you have it narrowed down, to that Silvo work-around way back when.
(2021-10-13, 08:20)mazeeff Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 07:54)Jeffers24 Wrote:
Very useful information.

That is interesting. I already had the "Switch to visualization on playback", set to off. Radio Paradise (Different from the "Radio" app) still fails! I think that you have it narrowed down, to that Silvo work-around way back when.

Not sure, when the Kodi team introduced the 'Switch to visualisation on playback' setting in Kodi 19, Mike took his setting/workaround out of his skin
(2021-10-13, 08:22)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 08:20)mazeeff Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 07:54)Jeffers24 Wrote: Very useful information.

Not sure, when the Kodi team introduced the 'Switch to visualisation on playback' setting in Kodi 19, Mike took his setting/workaround out of his skin
Got it! I have no choice but to switch to Estuary, and hope for a Silvo fix. Estuary is so "Plain Jane", but at least I can get Artist Slideshow to work.
  • 697(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55