• 743(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
And in the box you don't see the number of unseen episodes...can that be set somewhere?
In Progress submenu no longer seems to work. I had a submenu under the main Movies directory to go to movies that are currently in progress, since the update this no longer works. Has this "action" changed?
Infoline based on playlist statistics don't seem to work anymore.

I have TV shows as main entries split by playlists based on differents paths and in previous Nox: Silvo versions, the Infoline showed the stats for that playlist. Now there's nothing anymore. The infoline is still set to TV Show playlist statistics.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Not at home so no quote reply.

If any paths no longer seem to work just reselect them in the main menu customizer. Some playlists were renamed but the entries are all updated to point to the new locations.

As for the playlist statistics, embuary helper replaced library.data.provider and that script was removed as a skin requirement. Is mentioned in what’s new. I don’t have the time nor inclination to maintain that script any longer and it really needs a rewrite.

I also need to rework the list watched/unwatched/resumable/episodes overlays a bit.
I've got a weird issue with the Omega skin and the Kodi library. Using Kodi 21 beta 2 nightly (as of Dec 25) and noticed every time I try to play from Library on my Windows 10 PC, Kodi crashes.
No problems playing directly from an add-on or using the default Estuary skin so I know it's not a Kodi issue. It's just the new Silvo skin that crashes every time, and it's instant as soon as I click on something in the library.
Anyone else notice this?
(2023-12-23, 16:21)-locha- Wrote: And in the box you don't see the number of unseen episodes...can that be set somewhere?

It is not in the box but I see 8 nicht gesehen in the mediaflags area...
Is that not the same as set somewhere?
(2023-12-25, 19:10)G_streamer Wrote: I've got a weird issue with the Omega skin and the Kodi library. Using Kodi 21 beta 2 nightly (as of Dec 25) and noticed every time I try to play from Library on my Windows 10 PC, Kodi crashes.
No problems playing directly from an add-on or using the default Estuary skin so I know it's not a Kodi issue. It's just the new Silvo skin that crashes every time, and it's instant as soon as I click on something in the library.
Anyone else notice this?

Pleas post a log_file (wiki) of Kodi crashing with Aeon Nox and not with Estuary.
Thanks Smile
(2023-12-23, 12:36)kikassridec2 Wrote: Using latest nightly and love the updated skin but the studio icon seems to be half cut off any idea on how to move the icons over to the right ? Haha

I think I know the issue here. Will check as soon as I can.

(2023-12-23, 12:39)Swindiff Wrote: Hi
I have noticed with the latest update that my movies are now showing the SDR flag, but they all show SDR even the ones that are HDR.  I use Tiny Media Manager to name my files, so the HDR ones have the following suffix's depending on the type of HDR.  HDR10, HDR10+ or Dolby Vision.  Any idea why all my movies show as SDR?
Cheers

HDR type is a new addition to Kodi. Need to do whatever Kodi requires to get the new info to the skin...

(2023-12-23, 14:52)twinpeaks Wrote: Aha. Most likely because they are ISO

I know many folks that use ISO files that have no issues.
Again... I suggest to try and figure out why you do not see stream details when you should be. Nerd
I used to be able to click on an actor's picture in the info window and a pop-up asked if I wanted to list local library items or online info from tmdb and I'd select the latter.  At the top, is the quick fact actor bios. Listed are - age, born, place of birth, gender, and an 'also known as' field.  That aka is filled with gibberish lettering I'm not familiar with.  There used to be an entry for a movie count the actor had done.  That's gone now.  I miss that item a lot more than the 'aka' replacement item and/or gender.  Estuary displays these fields differently, so I guess it's skin related and why I bring it up here.  

Fwiw, there was a day when the actor bios was much more rich - height, weight, married, etc. although I don't expect those details to ever be shown again.  I suppose the info was scraped from a different source back then... like a Wiki or something and the info from tmdb is probably limited, so that's expected.

Also, I notice when I click on an actor picture, I'm presented with other pics of them sometimes.  Scrolling through these pics presents the large pics on the left but viewing them isn't clean.  I used to be able to select any of the actors' pics and a large pic would be presented in a new window which would scroll through all the other pics using the left and right direction arrow keys.  Nothing happens using the left and right direction keys now.  Estuary behaves as expected so again I guess it's skin related.  To me, the new window view has always been cleaner, free of all the other info because it just shows the actor pic(s) and nothing else.  The new window does work using this skin.  It always has.  It just doesn't scroll using the left and right keys like Estuary does, but it used to.

Lastly, sometimes I want to know some details about the file of a title.  Mainly, it's file extension.  My file names are long since I include many details about the RIP.  The file extension is the last bit of info about the title.  I go into the info window and focus on Path: Nothing happens.  Would be nice if it auto scrolled.  So, I focus on File name: instead.  Great, it auto scrolls... painfully, painfully slow.  Wait time to get to the end of the file name to finally show the file extension is a PITA.  Any chance of doubling the scroll speed?  Any chance of providing a scroll speed selection button for ALL items that scroll because imo, they are all painfully slooooooooooow.  Synopsis for example.  

This is for your consideration.  You've been doing a GREAT job preparing this for v21 and so far... so good.  Thank you @mikeSiLVO

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2023-12-26, 20:25)brazen1 Wrote: I used to be able to click on an actor's picture in the info window and a pop-up asked if I wanted to list local library items or online info from tmdb and I'd select the latter.  At the top, is the quick fact actor bios. Listed are - age, born, place of birth, gender, and an 'also known as' field.  That aka is filled with gibberish lettering I'm not familiar with.  There used to be an entry for a movie count the actor had done.  That's gone now.  I miss that item a lot more than the 'aka' replacement item and/or gender.  Estuary displays these fields differently, so I guess it's skin related and why I bring it up here.  

Fwiw, there was a day when the actor bios was much more rich - height, weight, married, etc. although I don't expect those details to ever be shown again.  I suppose the info was scraped from a different source back then... like a Wiki or something and the info from tmdb is probably limited, so that's expected.

Also, I notice when I click on an actor picture, I'm presented with other pics of them sometimes.  Scrolling through these pics presents the large pics on the left but viewing them isn't clean.  I used to be able to select any of the actors' pics and a large pic would be presented in a new window which would scroll through all the other pics using the left and right direction arrow keys.  Nothing happens using the left and right direction keys now.  Estuary behaves as expected so again I guess it's skin related.  To me, the new window view has always been cleaner, free of all the other info because it just shows the actor pic(s) and nothing else.  The new window does work using this skin.  It always has.  It just doesn't scroll using the left and right keys like Estuary does, but it used to.

Lastly, sometimes I want to know some details about the file of a title.  Mainly, it's file extension.  My file names are long since I include many details about the RIP.  The file extension is the last bit of info about the title.  I go into the info window and focus on Path: Nothing happens.  Would be nice if it auto scrolled.  So, I focus on File name: instead.  Great, it auto scrolls... painfully, painfully slow.  Wait time to get to the end of the file name to finally show the file extension is a PITA.  Any chance of doubling the scroll speed?  Any chance of providing a scroll speed selection button for ALL items that scroll because imo, they are all painfully slooooooooooow.  Synopsis for example.  

This is for your consideration.  You've been doing a GREAT job preparing this for v21 and so far... so good.  Thank you @mikeSiLVO

Some of the things you remember are not accurate.

Let's start with what is accurate. AKA is often a foreign language so if not using Arial or some other universal font then some entries will be either unintelligible squares or other languages like Russian that use Latin characters (or what you referred to as gibberish). I offer many font options but only a select few cover all the languages possible. I have no control over that.

If you would like to compare functionality then I would recommend not going by memory. You can still use the old info when searching from either the side menu in the library or the main menu Search by choosing TheMovieDb when Embuary Info is installed.

Never showed height, weight, married or anything like that. There was a total count but unsure how accurate that was and I cannot provide that anymore using the latest available maintained plugins since they rightfully limit scraped data.

If I am missing something then you can check the wiki and let me know.

Just be aware that I am doing my best to utilize all the available information and (character) (Department) (Known_For) (job) (role) is not what you think they are so trust me when I say that there is not anything I am not providing. The movie/tv show count would also not be accurate since the items returned from how I used to get them are no longer the total amount. Would likely need to request this additional information but I am content with what the free api's currently provide. Feel free to ask for additional info in the TMDbHelper thread and if it is possible I will provide it Smile

Anytime someone says Estuary does this, or that, I seriously need Screenshots and logs... That being said, Estuary does use some Embuary stuff which, honestly I am super surprised about. That script has been unmaintained for a couple years or more... Got to move on before it just doesn't work at all. Until then I mentioned above how to retrieve the old info if that is what you prefer.

I know about the left/right pic issue and honestly, I have more important things that sooo many people are complaining about. Wish more folks had used the GitHub version than dealing with this atm so, unfortunately, it will have to wait. Not sure why it doesn't work the same way Embuary info did but priorities are priorities. If you have time to ask in the TMDbHelper thread as to why then you'd be doing me a service Smile

(2023-12-27, 11:52)Swindiff Wrote: I just upgraded to V21.0 Beta2 (20.90.821) and all my movies are still showing the SDR flag?
My naming conventions are shown in the images below.  Any ideas why this isn't working?

I already gave you the answer...
Quote:HDR type is a new addition to Kodi. Need to do whatever Kodi requires to get the new info to the skin...

Might need to re scan/add, if you do not want to do that then make a feature request or ask in general support.
Is there a way to get things back to how they were before the very noticeable auto-update?

So mainly, I don't want the info bar with all the big icons showing at the bottom of the library screen (using Tripanel view), and I want the OSD bar back how it was before, at the top, with simple unobtrusive icons.

How can I do that?
Compared to Kodi matrix, the icons in the new version look terrible Sad
Is it possible to change them somehow?
(2023-12-28, 09:18)russco Wrote: Is there a way to get things back to how they were before the very noticeable auto-update?

So mainly, I don't want the info bar with all the big icons showing at the bottom of the library screen (using Tripanel view), and I want the OSD bar back how it was before, at the top, with simple unobtrusive icons.

How can I do that?

Can you describe the issue in more detail? Preferably with a screenshot or two.

(2023-12-28, 09:24)xs-lexx Wrote: Compared to Kodi matrix, the icons in the new version look terrible Sad
Is it possible to change them somehow?

Yep, modify the skin to your liking.
It is open source.

I am confident that you can make new icons that do not look “terrible”.

I look forward to seeing your artistic beauty that inspires all who witness it!
(2023-12-28, 09:57)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I am confident that you can make new icons that do not look “terrible”.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.
It’s just that in Kodi 19 the icons looked modern. In the latest version they look like they are from Win 95.
(2023-12-28, 10:10)xs-lexx Wrote: Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.
It’s just that in Kodi 19 the icons looked modern. In the latest version they look like they are from Win 95.

Not offended, I just find it curious that you think a decade old button image is more modern...

They are pretty much the same exact images without an old-school rounded background underneath them...

• 743(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55