• 757(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
@mikeSiLVO, just a question..If you know. I wouldnt expect this this to be a normal option in the skin, but only for my personal preference. So Im using the custom widget-2 option for addon shortcuts with square artwork for icons. Ive been tryin to track down where in the skin I could adjust the "itemgap". I was looking to get a little  more of a gap in between the custom widget 2 shortcuts. I just think they look too squashed together and would like a little more of a gap in between them. Ive been reading the skin shortcuts wiki and poking around in the xml's. Think Ive narrowed it down to Includes_Widgets.xml/ Widget 2 section. Just not sure how I would go about setting a little gap in between the custom widget shortcuts. (Skin setup- Centered main menu, widget 1 at the top, Custom Widget 2 , Square art at the bottom). I see it uses skinshortcuts-template-widget2 include to I guess set the layout. Can you give me any pointers? Thanks again.
@mikeSiLVO:
:
I can add genres instead of ratings for only the shift view.
Hello, I use Kodi 19.5 and unfortunately I have to stay for now at 19.5 because with Kodi 20.x I have an issue with 3D videos. Therefore my question if it's possible that I can change this "genre topic" in the shift view by myself?
I use on a PC Linux VDR with the distribution EasyVDR5.

Thank you
Is the "hide next track widget" with left music layout alignment gone with v9.99.3 on latest RC1?
I cannot find it in music OSD settings :/
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2024-03-17, 17:25)teriyaki Wrote: I noticed something new that I think may be a bug but unsure if it'd be in the skin (9.99.3) or Kodi itself.  We watched a movie last night and after it ended, the movie background image stayed as the Kodi background instead of returning to the `default` custom background set in the skin. I have a main menu entry that has its own background set and that background worked when scrolled to the menu entry. If I played another movie and stopped it only a few seconds in, the `default` Kodi background was now changed to that movies background, and again, the menu entry with its own background set worked as expected.

Hopefully that explanation is suitable. I can take screenshots if necessary.

Any ideas?

Not sure how that's possible, I have never seen it happen.

(2024-03-17, 21:20)elviseats Wrote: Hi
I understand Kodi picks up local fanarts automatically provided it's been named properly.

Using Aeon Nox Silvio and I deleted the images to make sure the new local fanarts named appropriately get picked up for the display.
Kodi did repopulate the images on restart but most local fanarts were not picked up - instead I get a blank option for fanart although the posters are displayed. But When I try manually I can see it has identified  the local fanart and it gives me the option to pick it up. However some...very few are picked up for some reason without any problems!

Not sure if it's a Kodi problem or Aeon Nox - Can anyone suggest to me what I could be doing wrong ? Picking up the local fanart manually is too big a job!

This might be a caching thing as it can sometimes take a little bit to download fanart in the background.
Alternatively, when scraping your library Kodi should pick up local artwork if named correctly.

HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)
Artwork (wiki)
Scrapers (wiki)

(2024-03-19, 03:18)jdig4240 Wrote: @mikeSiLVO, just a question..If you know. I wouldnt expect this this to be a normal option in the skin, but only for my personal preference. So Im using the custom widget-2 option for addon shortcuts with square artwork for icons. Ive been tryin to track down where in the skin I could adjust the "itemgap". I was looking to get a little  more of a gap in between the custom widget 2 shortcuts. I just think they look too squashed together and would like a little more of a gap in between them. Ive been reading the skin shortcuts wiki and poking around in the xml's. Think Ive narrowed it down to Includes_Widgets.xml/ Widget 2 section. Just not sure how I would go about setting a little gap in between the custom widget shortcuts. (Skin setup- Centered main menu, widget 1 at the top, Custom Widget 2 , Square art at the bottom). I see it uses skinshortcuts-template-widget2 include to I guess set the layout. Can you give me any pointers? Thanks again.

The templates are built from the template.xml in the skins shortcuts folder.

(2024-03-22, 13:29)Schwabe Wrote: @mikeSiLVO:
:
I can add genres instead of ratings for only the shift view.
Hello, I use Kodi 19.5 and unfortunately I have to stay for now at 19.5 because with Kodi 20.x I have an issue with 3D videos. Therefore my question if it's possible that I can change this "genre topic" in the shift view by myself?
I use on a PC Linux VDR with the distribution EasyVDR5.

Thank you

You can try following the commit on GitHub and modding it into your matrix version. Not sure how old that is so I'd suggest a search with very few keywords.

(2024-03-24, 16:01)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Is the "hide next track widget" with left music layout alignment gone with v9.99.3 on latest RC1?

Scroll down all the way to the bottom or press up from the top Wink
ImageHi there, great fan of the skin. I've been using it for countless years.

I have these below questions:

1.  Is there a way to edit or customize the order of the media tags? I live and die by the LowList view (it's perfect!) but I wish I could rearrange what appears by default. I'm attaching the current default when just browsing the menu:
https://imgur.com/a/QIrJ7bY
(Note: Dolby icon isn't displaying for some reason, this is from the recent RC2 release so could be a Kodi bug. It's fine on my main LibreElec install)

Personally, I would replace the SDR/HDR indicator with the aspect ratio icon. I've looked into the xml file for the view but... I just got lost! If there are any hacks or tips, please do point me into the right direction. 

2. How do I get to only one studio icon to display in the 'Information' window? Right now for most films its a list of all studio involved and it doesn't look very eye catching. 

Looking forward to any suggestions.
Quick question(I hope).  How can I fix this overlapping text?  It's happening in the bottom info widget while something is currently playing.  Seems like an easy fix if I knew where to edit.   Thank You.

EDIT:  Disregard, I found the setting to just disable that feature.

(2024-03-25, 13:23)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2024-03-24, 16:01)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Is the "hide next track widget" with left music layout alignment gone with v9.99.3 on latest RC1?

Scroll down all the way to the bottom or press up from the top Wink

- Auto hide OSD -> first menu item
- Music layout alignment
- Hide album
- Hide CD -> last menu item

There is no "Hide next track" option or sth like that
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Hello,
after the hint from mikeSiLVO I have found in the commit the info about how to change that the shift view gets the genre info included. I have tested it with my system (Linux VDR with EasyVDR5 distribution and Kodi 19.5) and it works. Thanks to mikeSiLVO.
Here is the passage which has to changed for Kodi versions < 20 -> Link
(2024-03-26, 08:59)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: - Auto hide OSD -> first menu item
- Music layout alignment
- Hide album
- Hide CD -> last menu item

There is no "Hide next track" option or sth like that

It is there. There is a navigation bug in the Kodi Repo versions with a duplicate ID for one of the buttons but you can use the scrollbar to see it. GitHub is fixed already so you can either use that or change the button ID's like I did in this commit.

(2023-12-22, 18:03)mikeSiLVO Wrote: If anybody has suggestions for a different button you can search HERE and provide me the code point in the web section of the side menu that pops up when clicking on one.

It depends on the icon whether or not I will change it...

Hi Mike,

I like to have a fiddle about with skins etc - can you tell me how to insert different icons into the includes.xml - I use notepad++ and all I see is the following: <label></label> - is this an xml editor issue or can you please guide me on how to use the icon code points?

Many thanks
(2024-03-28, 00:16)retrotechie Wrote: Hi Mike,

I like to have a fiddle about with skins etc - can you tell me how to insert different icons into the includes.xml - I use notepad++ and all I see is the following: <label></label> - is this an xml editor issue or can you please guide me on how to use the icon code points?

Many thanks

You would need to open the font file in a Character Map utility. Then either browse the characters or search the code from the website and copy/paste the new one in a label tag.

If on Windows I have used this one for a while now. It has some quirks but it mostly works well for me.
(2024-03-28, 11:57)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2024-03-28, 00:16)retrotechie Wrote: Hi Mike,

Many thanks

You would need to open the font file in a Character Map utility. Then either browse the characters or search the code from the website and copy/paste the new one in a label tag.

If on Windows I have used this one for a while now. It has some quirks but it mostly works well for me.

Many thanks Mike - that works perfectly - I was struggling as when I copied the code from the website it was pasting into the label <label>ea75</label>
Just a quick message to tell that this skin is amazing ! My favourite one !
I was testing Nexus RC2 and I noticed a difference on the way that the movie versions show up on Silvo vs Tajo. Is there any way to add the icons to the different versions and also, I think there is a bug in description as you can see the second version is actually a 4K UHD but Silvo is showing Blu-ray just like the rest of the versions below it.

Thanks.

Silvo:
vs

Tajo:
Hi MIke! Love the skin and have used it for years. Since changing Favorites from a dialog to My Favorites . It pulls up media menu and only populates the list as it is either slim or expanded. 
Is allowing the views for favorites in play?
  • 757(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55