• 31(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2015-01-29, 21:04)momaku Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 19:16)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 19:08)momaku Wrote: In first place, thanks for your work, it's a fantastic skin and mod.

In my opinion, it will be awesome the fusion or inclusion of this mod in yours.

Unfortunately that will not happen. Please read the Forum Rules and http://kodi.wiki/view/Banned_add-ons

OK.I didn't see it used banned elements.

I wouldn't encourage you to try and incorporate an option for panel widgets, but they don't use any banned elements. ExtendedInfo is in the official repo and Trakt is not a pirate feed.

If I fix the remaining bug, I could create a version that includes a skin setting to choose between classic and panel-style widgets. I sent a message to BigNoid pending a response to fix the one widget type that doesn't work. I know how the code works because I edited it. I think it would be fairly simple. You take the two xmls responsible for widgets and add one setting in skin settings to choose the widget type. The ExtendedInfo content could be removed, as well.

You would have to add the option to skin settings and I could provide the completed widget xmls. Just a thought. I wouldn't create any unnecessary work for yourself.
(2015-01-29, 21:31)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 21:04)momaku Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 19:16)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Unfortunately that will not happen. Please read the Forum Rules and http://kodi.wiki/view/Banned_add-ons

OK.I didn't see it used banned elements.

I wouldn't encourage you to try and incorporate an option for panel widgets, but they don't use any banned elements. ExtendedInfo is in the official repo and Trakt is not a pirate feed.

If I fix the remaining bug, I could create a version that includes a skin setting to choose between classic and panel-style widgets. I sent a message to BigNoid pending a response to fix the one widget type that doesn't work. I know how the code works because I edited it. I think it would be fairly simple. You take the two xmls responsible for widgets and add one setting in skin settings to choose the widget type. The ExtendedInfo content could be removed, as well.

You would have to add the option to skin settings and I could provide the completed widget xmls. Just a thought. I wouldn't create any unnecessary work for yourself.

Hmm... I thought he was talking about the fusion repo not your mod. I know it is not piracy related...

Yep... My fault just re-read his post... Oops

Must've looked pretty silly recommending a thread then two posts later saying it was banned Confused
Mikesilvo, Regarding your REPO link:

It's installing ver. 5.5.7-1.4, not 5.5.8-1.5.
(2015-01-29, 22:44)Beens Wrote: Mikesilvo, Regarding your REPO link:

Try open the context menu in the addon manager "C" key on keyboard or mapped remote button and force refresh when selecting any repo name when choosing get addons... Shouldn't even be able to install 5.5.7-1.4 since it is no longer available on the repo for download.
Awesome! thanks for the hardwork!
@mike,

I tried adding a home screen toggle to choose the widget type on my own and thought I'd share. This version includes the three Extended Info panels, so you would have to make one edit to variables.xml to get it working. I can remove these panels and revert back to the original names if you'd like.

I attached my copy of SkinSettings to allow for copy-and-paste editing of the required button. The radiobutton to control the widget type starts at Line 237 of SkinSettings.xml.

The other two files, IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml and custom_1124_WidgetCustomizer.xml are formatted for both widget types. Click the button, return to the home screen and the widgets will turn into panels.

If you like it, I can provide the finished product when ready. Video playlists with episodes still do not display correctly. Everything else works fine.
@mike,

Here is a finished version of the panel widgets mod. I took out the ExtendedInfo content because it loads too slowly in the classic widgets making the home screen laggy. This content still doesn't refresh correctly, anyways. And it also makes it much easier to mod what is there.

I hope you didn't get too far in modifying the other file because I changed a lot of code to get the final panels to display correctly. As I was told by BigNoid, the original design wasn't meant for multiple widget choices, so this is a bit of a shoehorn design. The only place where this is evident is in the display of episodes. The appearance of the episode thumb and labels can vary widely based on the type of widget (Recent, Recommended or Video Playlist). Sometimes it's a poster, sometimes it's a thumb.

Don't worry about changing my design. You can butcher and do anything you want. As far as I'm concerned, there is no intellectual property here.

The toggle button is in the SkinSettings (at Line 237).

The rest is in IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml. Nothing else has to be modified.

I don't really want to participate in redesigning anything, but if you need help (with the tricky visibility conditions, for example), I can assist. If you want to add the ExtendedInfo panels, I'd have to redo the visibility conditions.
(2015-01-30, 04:44)Warner306 Wrote: @mike,

Here is a finished version of the panel widgets mod. I took out the ExtendedInfo content because it loads too slowly in the classic widgets making the home screen laggy. This content still doesn't refresh correctly, anyways. And it also makes it much easier to mod what is there.

I hope you didn't get too far in modifying the other file because I changed a lot of code to get the final panels to display correctly. As I was told by BigNoid, the original design wasn't meant for multiple widget choices, so this is a bit of a shoehorn design. The only place where this is evident is in the display of episodes. The appearance of the episode thumb and labels can vary widely based on the type of widget (Recent, Recommended or Video Playlist). Sometimes it's a poster, sometimes it's a thumb.

Don't worry about changing my design. You can butcher and do anything you want. As far as I'm concerned, there is no intellectual property here.

I don't really want to participate in redesigning anything, but if you need help (with the tricky visibility conditions, for example), I can assist. If you want to add the ExtendedInfo panels, I'd have to redo the visibility conditions.

Widgets Toggle: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing.

I'd like to include your extendedinfo mods... Out of curiosity did you try the <content>plugin:// methods as they might update more frequently? Haven't tested though, just a thought...
(2015-01-30, 04:57)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 04:44)Warner306 Wrote: @mike,

I'd like to include your extendedinfo mods... Out of curiosity did you try the <content>plugin:// methods as they might update more frequently? Haven't tested though, just a thought...

Yes, I've tried separate lists with the content plugin method and got the same result. The only way the content refreshes is by going into the settings for ExtendedInfo and selecting "Delete Cache." Restart Kodi and the content refreshes.

I know phil knows this, so I don't know why it is designed this way. I was going to try and add some code to the startup.xml to see if that works. His skin has the same panels and the content is exactly the same when I switch from skin to skin.

You can use and change the ExtendedInfo panels I posted. This is supposed to be fun. Do what you want.
(2015-01-30, 05:03)Warner306 Wrote: Yes, I've tried separate lists with the content plugin method and got the same result. The only way the content refreshes is by going into the settings for ExtendedInfo and selecting "Delete Cache." Restart Kodi and the content refreshes.

I know phil knows this, so I don't know why it is designed this way. I was going to try and add some code to the startup.xml to see if that works. His skin has the same panels and the content is exactly the same when I switch from skin to skin.

You can use and change the ExtendedInfo panels I posted. This is supposed to be fun. Do what you want.

Ok, If you'd like to be more involved with this aspect or you have any opinions on any changes let me know...

Thanks

Upon further reflection... If phil has his content cached for awhile it must be for a very good reason (eg.. api restrictions or limits) Maybe I should look elsewhere for populating widget info... I would think every other day or three days at the most should be good enough for the trending movies, shows, and top rentals widgets. Will have to think about this some more and ask phil if this is even his intended use for the script but for now you are probably right in using the standard widget choices and just offering a wider poster layout.
I discovered one error in the last upload impacting the Poster Panels. Eight visibility conditions need to be replaced.

<visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.TVShowTitle)</visible> is used for Movies and TV Shows.

<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.TVShowTitle)</visible> is used for Video Playlists containing Episodes.

The problem is Video Playlists with TV Shows show as black posters because they are considered Episodes.

I fixed the problem with:

<visible>!IntegerGreaterThan(Container(8000).ListItem.Season,0)</visible> is used for Movies and TV Shows.

<visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Container(8000).ListItem.Season,0)</visible> is used for Video Playlists containing Episodes.

The updated visibility conditions are included in the download below. I also deleted one duplicate visibility condition in the music and addons section:

(2015-01-29, 23:43)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 22:44)Beens Wrote: Mikesilvo, Regarding your REPO link:

Try open the context menu in the addon manager "C" key on keyboard or mapped remote button and force refresh when selecting any repo name when choosing get addons... Shouldn't even be able to install 5.5.7-1.4 since it is no longer available on the repo for download.

That was weird. Rolled back to a old snapshot of my system and reloaded the repo. The current version is now loaded.
Hi.
Thanks for the continued development and implementation of tricks.
I had to do a new clean install of Kodi v.14.1 + Modded skin on my second machine,, I come to the problem, the second machine where I work the skin is on Android version SPMC Kodi 14.1 Beta 1, the previous version of the skin is installed manually, however this has been installed from the menu (Install from zip file) the problem, so if you can 'is defined in the animation CDArt, section showcases > Information Panel Fanart > (Enable Covers) + (Display Logo) are set to ON, instead (NoCoverFlow) is set off, with this configuration, there 'is CDArt animation, however,(NoCoverFlow) if it is set to ON there is animation CDArt, but in this case also changes the configuration showcase.
Hi Mike, great mod, it looks fantastic.... I presume extra fan art isn't supported by any of the modded Nox's ?
(2015-01-29, 21:37)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 21:31)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 21:04)momaku Wrote: OK.I didn't see it used banned elements.

Hmm... I thought he was talking about the fusion repo not your mod. I know it is not piracy related...

Yep... My fault just re-read his post... Oops

Must've looked pretty silly recommending a thread then two posts later saying it was banned Confused

I refer to mods, not repo. I'm sorry for confusion.

I think his mod would look awesome into/with your mod.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55