• 113(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
To all you fine folks who read my thread I am sorry that you had to deal and read through that stuff. I know I should not have handled it in the way I did so I apologize to you for that. If you posted a question and do not see an answer please post it again I will not make you read through any of the previous posts to get an answer.
In the future, you should cut to the chase -- I can't help you; I don't have time; That is not what this thread is about.
ok, now i'm going nuts. i have used winscp a ton of times in the past. i have show hidden files ticked in my kodi settings. for some reason it won't show up though when i login. my kodi folder where i get to addons just doesn't show. i've tried ticking it and unticking and rebooting.

is there something preventing hidden files from showing up that i could be doing wrong? any ideas

thanks
(2015-06-18, 00:03)C.Taylor Wrote: So this is supposed to be a better version of that shednock skin?

Not at this time in my opinion but nothing says that it always will be.

Let's say that this skin is still young and he deserve to flesh out a little Wink

To return to the original purpose of this topic, I would like to propose some improvements:
- Offer a simple way to add fanart to skin on the principle of fanart pack for the weather.
If you check an option, the skin will look in the background directory, a folder or an image with a preset name (eg ".kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.silvo/background/music/" for the fanart music menu)

I found it rather long to navigate the subfolders to configure each menu. There it would be enough to put his pack (personally I like the pictures of shednox) and check the option. It would not change the ideology of the skin (see FAQ), since we must always modify it by yourself, but that would really simplify life.

- Extend fanart option "dvd dynamic case," in the main menu to display random movies and not just the recent movies.

- add a view that emphasizes the banners for the tv shows. Currently there are only 2 and they are almost identical but lack clarity and detail.

Bannerwall displays banners over 2/3 of the screen but as a result, completely hides the fanart. There was of course, a plot, genre and title but nothing else.
No logo of the series, no mpaa, no studio logo ...
Bannerinfo, it's the same except I see only 5 tv shows at a time.

Shednox on this point (bannerplex view) was really something good in the sense that only the lower half of the image was occupied by the banners (3x3) and logos (Tv Show, mpaa, studio, etc.) while the upper part was intended general information (date, notes, synopsis, recall of fanart, poster and other artworks). The most interesting is that we could delay the onset of the upper part which made the display simpler and brighter.

I do not demand a copy of course but regain some point as a sort of lowlist of banners, and more information/logo, especially for mpaa logo.

What do you think of this?
Thanks for this skin guys only being using it a couple of days so still trying to work my way round it and just loving it, still a few things trying to figure out like i see on another thread there was a mod for the widgets think it was by mr.v not cant seem to get that to work but i know its not the right place to mention it here so wont bang on...

But thanks for the time you put in to create these skins appreciated as i would not even know where to start so thanks for your time in making others happy :-)
(2015-06-18, 01:08)knives of ice Wrote: ok, now i'm going nuts. i have used winscp a ton of times in the past. i have show hidden files ticked in my kodi settings. for some reason it won't show up though when i login. my kodi folder where i get to addons just doesn't show. i've tried ticking it and unticking and rebooting.

is there something preventing hidden files from showing up that i could be doing wrong? any ideas

thanks

I am not sure if I'm understanding you 100% but ticking the box inside of Kodi will not make it seen/available in Winscp you would have to adjust the settings of that application.
(2015-06-18, 01:09)Levi59 Wrote: Not at this time in my opinion but nothing says that it always will be.

Let's say that this skin is still young and he deserve to flesh out a little Wink

To return to the original purpose of this topic, I would like to propose some improvements:
- Offer a simple way to add fanart to skin on the principle of fanart pack for the weather.
If you check an option, the skin will look in the background directory, a folder or an image with a preset name (eg ".kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.silvo/background/music/" for the fanart music menu)

I found it rather long to navigate the subfolders to configure each menu. There it would be enough to put his pack (personally I like the pictures of shednox) and check the option. It would not change the ideology of the skin (see FAQ), since we must always modify it by yourself, but that would really simplify life.

- Extend fanart option "dvd dynamic case," in the main menu to display random movies and not just the recent movies.

- add a view that emphasizes the banners for the tv shows. Currently there are only 2 and they are almost identical but lack clarity and detail.

Bannerwall displays banners over 2/3 of the screen but as a result, completely hides the fanart. There was of course, a plot, genre and title but nothing else.
No logo of the series, no mpaa, no studio logo ...
Bannerinfo, it's the same except I see only 5 tv shows at a time.

Shednox on this point (bannerplex view) was really something good in the sense that only the lower half of the image was occupied by the banners (3x3) and logos (Tv Show, mpaa, studio, etc.) while the upper part was intended general information (date, notes, synopsis, recall of fanart, poster and other artworks). The most interesting is that we could delay the onset of the upper part which made the display simpler and brighter.

I do not demand a copy of course but regain some point as a sort of lowlist of banners, and more information/logo, especially for mpaa logo.

What do you think of this?

Unfortunately adding images like that to the skin is not something I will do you can however choose any folder of images you want for any menu choice including the ones in shednox just choose multi image and then the folder containing those images. . As for bannerplex I have added it to the Isengard version of the skin not too long ago.
(2015-06-18, 01:09)kizzer31 Wrote: Thanks for this skin guys only being using it a couple of days so still trying to work my way round it and just loving it, still a few things trying to figure out like i see on another thread there was a mod for the widgets think it was by mr.v not cant seem to get that to work but i know its not the right place to mention it here so wont bang on...

But thanks for the time you put in to create these skins appreciated as i would not even know where to start so thanks for your time in making others happy :-)

With the permission of Mr. V I added a branch on GitHub with the widgets already included in the skin. If you do not want to deal with manually adding it you can try that branch out.
(2015-06-18, 01:15)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-06-18, 01:08)knives of ice Wrote: ok, now i'm going nuts. i have used winscp a ton of times in the past. i have show hidden files ticked in my kodi settings. for some reason it won't show up though when i login. my kodi folder where i get to addons just doesn't show. i've tried ticking it and unticking and rebooting.

thanks

I am not sure if I'm understanding you 100% but ticking the box inside of Kodi will not make it seen/available in Winscp you would have to adjust the settings of that application.

i'm saying i have show hidden files turned on in kodi. i can login no problem with winscp. but the hidden folders aren't showing up, the kodi folder with my addons is not there.

it should be in storage/kodi/addons, right? there is no kodi folder showing, for some reason me turning on hidden files isn't registering or something it seems in openelec.
ok i got it. there is somehow a "show hidden files" option also in winscp. no idea how that got turned off i didn't know it existed. maybe it happened on an upgrade
(2015-06-18, 01:22)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-06-18, 01:09)kizzer31 Wrote: Thanks for this skin guys only being using it a couple of days so still trying to work my way round it and just loving it, still a few things trying to figure out like i see on another thread there was a mod for the widgets think it was by mr.v not cant seem to get that to work but i know its not the right place to mention it here so wont bang on...

With the permission of Mr. V I added a branch on GitHub with the widgets already included in the skin. If you do not want to deal with manually adding it you can try that branch out.

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply where can i find that branch on github you mentioned pretty new to this so some of the things you guys say is like chinese to me lol

So if you could point me in right direction please i will be able to figure out what to do from there

Thank you
https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox-SiLVO

Would this be it and do i just download zip extract it and replace the current folders with this one if you know what i mean,,,sorry to sound stupid
(2015-06-18, 01:29)kizzer31 Wrote:
(2015-06-18, 01:22)mikesilvo164 Wrote:

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply where can i find that branch on github you mentioned pretty new to this so some of the things you guys say is like chinese to me lol

So if you could point me in right direction please i will be able to figure out what to do from there

Thank you

Go to my GitHub page and there is a drop down menu that says master change it to say mrv_widgets and click download zip in the lower right of the page.
i don't want that YOU create a fanart pack. I would like you add an option to not have to select each menu, then choose which configuration (one or multiple...) then navigate though all directories to select folder/file then validate and go to next menu... but just activate an option and then, SILVO will automatically display fanart in a preselected directory.
If i have a music.jpg, it use simple fanart for music menu. If i have music/a.jpg and music/b.jpg then it use multiple fanarts for music menu.

For the bannerplex view, i thought you don't want to add this in SILVO. It's cool that you add this view. It will be hard to wait for the first stable version of Isengard now ^^.

for the "dvd dynamic case", you have not respond.
Excellent thanks for your time and info now i can see what you mean :-)
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55