• 117(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
A newbie question:
I made a label "Family pictures/movies" in the mainmenu. I added a submenu for pictures.
But how do I add submenu for private (family) movies? I have problems finding the Type for family movies.
(2015-06-19, 19:47)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-06-19, 19:41)marhutchy Wrote: Okay I got it to work now.
I followed what Levi59 posted above. From now one, that's how I'll update this skin.

Thanks for the assist gents Smile

Warner306 posted a tutorial for keeping in sync. You may want to have a look 229467 (thread).
His how to's seem very detailed.

Wow, that's a great post!

I renamed my fork to skin.aeon.nox.silvo, so when I add the clone, it uses that name and not Aeon-Nox-SiLVO.

Also, why's the size of the folder up to 681MB?

(2015-06-19, 21:34)rarazxp Wrote: A newbie question:
I made a label "Family pictures/movies" in the mainmenu. I added a submenu for pictures.
But how do I add submenu for private (family) movies? I have problems finding the Type for family movies.

When you added the main menu, you saw a code, for example ActivateWindow....?

You should see that code. Now what I suggest you do is:
Try and add another main menu (this is for testing), and navigate to wherever you have private (family) movies and select it. You will see a code, just write that down somewhere.
Back in your Family pictures/movies menu, click Manage submenu
Click Set label and type private (family) movies, then OK
Click Custom action and paste the code there, then ok
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion

Try and add another main menu (this is for testing), and navigate to wherever you have private (family) movies and select it. You will see a code, just write that down somewhere.
[/quote]

How do I navigate to my family movies? Which shortcutsequence do I take when I click "Default select action"?
(2015-06-19, 22:40)rarazxp Wrote:

How do I navigate to my family movies? Which shortcutsequence do I take when I click "Default select action"?
[/quote]

If I remember correctly it's video library>movies>genre>family.
However, not all the movies that you consider to be Family movies, have Family as genre. Best bet is to tag the movies that you consider to be family movie as Family.
You can do that by doing the following:
  • go to home screen
  • go to videos/video library
  • movies
  • tags
  • click new tag and label it Family
  • select all the movies that you consider to be Family Movies

If you do this, it's the same procedure to get it in the submenu, but instead of going to genres, you go to tags.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Hehe, sorry I am not clear. I dont mean genre Family movies, but Home videos that I shot myself.
Not sure what the shortcut sequence is.
(2015-06-19, 22:58)rarazxp Wrote: Hehe, sorry I am not clear. I dont mean genre Family movies, but Home videos that I shot myself.
Not sure what the shortcut sequence is.

Are they in your library as movies?
Kodi 18.3
In Videos->Library I see "Files". When I click it, I see the folders which I added. Family folder is one of them.

With Video-> Files I added the Family Folder and I did update library.
Then they showed up in my moviewall where I dont want them. So I right clicked removed them from the library.
(2015-06-19, 23:16)rarazxp Wrote: In Videos->Library I see "Files". When I click it, I see the folders which I added. Family folder is one of them.

With Video-> Files I added the Family Folder and I did update library.
Then they showed up in my moviewall where I dont want them. So I right clicked removed them from the library.

They are going to be added to your movies. You just have to filter them out.

If you follow this url, it will show you how to add your videos to the library with the HomeMovies genre.
With this, you can then follow the same steps of video library>movies>genre>home movies.

If you do not want to do that, you can do as I suggested and use tags.
  • go to home screen
  • go to videos/video library
  • movies
  • tags
  • click new tag and label it Family
  • select all your Home Videos

If you do this, it's the same procedure to get it in the submenu, but instead of going to genres, you go to tags.
Kodi 18.3
It might be easier to create a custom shortcut with something like ActivateWindow(10025,C:\My Home Movies\,return) just change the path to where your home movies are.
(2015-06-19, 23:53)mikesilvo164 Wrote: It might be easier to create a custom shortcut with something like ActivateWindow(10025,C:\My Home Movies\,return) just change the path to where your home movies are.

That would definitely be easier when new videos are added. Plus he could create a smart playlist for movies, and exclude that path.
Kodi 18.3
(2015-06-19, 22:08)marhutchy Wrote: Wow, that's a great post!

I renamed my fork to skin.aeon.nox.silvo, so when I add the clone, it uses that name and not Aeon-Nox-SiLVO.

Also, why's the size of the folder up to 681MB?

The increased size is due to the clone pulling all the branches not just the one you checkout with.
(2015-06-19, 23:57)marhutchy Wrote: That would definitely be easier when new videos are added. Plus he could create a smart playlist for movies, and exclude that path.

It might be easier to remove the home movies from the library sources. It is not needed if you open the file path directly. Especially if you do not want to see them in you regular library to begin with. You won't get as many view choices but I'd be surprised if you had posters and fanart for your home videos. You could go all out and create that with nfos including plot and all sorts of information.
Hi Mike,

Is the wall view in the live tv section gone in the git version of your skin?

I just updated the skin and i can only select the list view...
(2015-06-20, 00:23)Pienoet Wrote: Hi Mike,

Is the wall view in the live tv section gone in the git version of your skin?

I just updated the skin and i can only select the list view...

I haven't used live tv in awhile... Where you able to change it just like a normal view elsewhere in the skin? It is for the channel view when entering the live TV section, right? I have not removed anything in the live TV section so I just need to figure out what used to happen so I can hopefully add that back in.
(2015-06-20, 00:02)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-06-19, 23:57)marhutchy Wrote: That would definitely be easier when new videos are added. Plus he could create a smart playlist for movies, and exclude that path.

It might be easier to remove the home movies from the library sources. It is not needed if you open the file path directly. Especially if you do not want to see them in you regular library to begin with. You won't get as many view choices but I'd be surprised if you had posters and fanart for your home videos. You could go all out and create that with nfos including plot and all sorts of information.

I didn't know XBMC could do that, in regards to using paths instead of library items.
Kodi 18.3
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55