• 263(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2016-01-04, 05:44)Warner306 Wrote: Look at the blue highlight/overlay in person. The poster looks too small on the right and bottom. I'm sure it has shrunk, but I didn't look at it on a TV.

Ok. Just checked. Same issue here. Some updates in the near future.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
How do I install the git version? I downloaded Aeon-Nox-SiLVO-isengard.zip, install from zip file and I get add-on does not have correct structure
(2016-01-04, 08:40)adun79 Wrote: How do I install the git version? I downloaded Aeon-Nox-SiLVO-isengard.zip, install from zip file and I get add-on does not have correct structure
Read the FAQ on the first page second post of this thread Nod
I have to discuss it with BigNoid, if I ever get a moment, but I am contemplating a skin name change. Not a skin id change just a name change... Using the old nickname for my last name as the skin title just doesn't seem to fit any longer...

SiLVO only means something to me... IDK... The thought just crossed my mind. My first go-to was Aeon Nox 5+ but that seems to close to Aeon Nox 5 and might cause confusion and/or take away from the greatness of BigNoids Aeon Nox 5 coding awesomeness...

Just thinking aloud so no real plans or anything and, like I said, I would need to check with the man himself to be able to make a final decision on a name change... If it is even in the cards or a good idea...

Thoughts?
(2016-01-04, 01:39)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2016-01-03, 14:15)MoonArrow Wrote: Hi everyone,

as it's my first post. First, thanks for this wonderful skin and the support you deliver. Second, congrats for the last upgrade of your family Smile Enjoy it.

Concerning the skin now, I am a bit confused I should say. I am using a RP2 with OSMC (Jarvis beta build, Kodi 16 Beta 5 to be precise). To be complete, I also have your repository (Aeon Nox Silve repository).

My confusion starts because when I tried to install the Jarvis version through the repository, I have a no compatible message. Have I miss something ?

As I really want this skin, I went to GIT and uploaded the Jarvis branch. I installed it and switch to it. After a very difficult start (no more labels at all), I restarted the operation and finally get something working. But since what, I have several small issues. My second confusion is here: if I read the thread, these issues are corrected in GIT branch but I seem to still have them. The 3 I think about are
- the blue color theme is used even if I choose red in Appearance tab.
- Weather background stays black where I put Live Conditional Live Weather as background.

Of course, the issues are not important at all, my point is more to be sure to apply the right process to get the latest Jarvis build and to have updates when you correct things.

Regards,
MoonArrow.

I do not use OSMC but the repo is a combined repo for both Isengard and Jarvis skin versions and that function is based on the minversion tag so if OSMC does not follow the same version tagging then it will not work...

If you install from Git you need to check to make sure all the required scripts to run the skin are installed and updated to their latest GitHub versions as well as being installed correctly. That is the responsibility of the user since they chose to use a development version of the skin.

Appearance tab is no longer used for theme and color changes as I am switching to a color customizer and that is currently a WIP. Everything but view colors should work as I have not gotten to them yet.

If you are using Jarvis then you need to open the Weather section on the home menu, then open the sidemenu in that area and select background. If it is empty select Get more on the right hand side and install a Weather Fanart Image Resource Addon from the Kodi default repository. After that the conditional weather should work. Make sure to also read the FAQ concerning installation and the GitHub README located on the first page of this thread. Double check your addon folder for more than one SiLVO skin folder (*hint* check all folder names cause it might be named differently).

Smile

Thanks for the answers.

Weather OK. I missed the option and I was sure of doing the right thing by simply selecting the option on Main menu parameters options. Sorry
Same for the color, I changed the blue into red. Once again, I was confused by the possible choice of Red or Orange on the Appearance tab. This gives the impression to users that they can choose these 2 others color themes without doing nothing else. I guess it will be more user friendly in next versions.
Concerning the detection of the skin updates, I put a question on OSMC forums to have their point of view. If needed, I will come back to provide the answer.

Thanks again

M.
If anyone interested i have corrected the spelling of all colored studio logos (upper case , lower case) and delete the twice ones ( orf_hd, ORF HD ,orfhd) and such similar things! (not needed one (audio codec icons....))

I compared the corrected one with imdb,tmdb and google Laugh that was realy a lot of stupid work Tongue but ok specially for openelec (linux,kodibuntu...) user really important Laugh

Delete the studio folder in skin.aeon.nox.silvo / media / flags / colored / and copy the unziped inside !! for kodi 15 (isengard)
Link:
http://www90.zippyshare.com/v/nUQcjpWl/file.html

for kodi 16 (jarvis) unzip the file from the link below and copy it in the kodi addon folder ( when folder exists please delete befor)

Link:
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/Jqv7V9oD/file.html
(2016-01-04, 08:49)mikesilvo164 Wrote: I have to discuss it with BigNoid, if I ever get a moment, but I am contemplating a skin name change. Not a skin id change just a name change... Using the old nickname for my last name as the skin title just doesn't seem to fit any longer...

SiLVO only means something to me... IDK... The thought just crossed my mind. My first go-to was Aeon Nox 5+ but that seems to close to Aeon Nox 5 and might cause confusion and/or take away from the greatness of BigNoids Aeon Nox 5 coding awesomeness...

Just thinking aloud so no real plans or anything and, like I said, I would need to check with the man himself to be able to make a final decision on a name change... If it is even in the cards or a good idea...

Thoughts?

Personally I think you should keep it Silvo. The skin has so much recognition under silvo and every knows it as Aeon Nox Silvo.
@mike i can not set for main menu entries a single or multi backround it shows a black screen ;( for the submenu is ok !!!! latest jarvis github branch.
Agree re the name Silvo. We're all used to it and there's no harm in it being personal to you!
Not sure if anyone can help me, I had my skin setup with the way I liked it widgets etc., I backed up my configuration the way I always have, know when I loaded it onto a fresh kodi the virtual keyboard is distorted you can't type in with standard remote. I tried saving it on different sdcards but same problem, any help would be appreciated not looking forward to starting from scratch.
Hi all. I've got a strange issue with this excellent skin. If I go to change the font in kodi system settings, the roboto font option is blank, ie there is no text. If I select that option, however all fonts change to roboto except the main menu text, which appears as the rectangles shown in the attached image. Any Ideas?
Image[/img]
Is there any appetite for Shelf 3D in this skin now that the studio icons have been removed to free-up space?

This is the original mod by manfeed (less the music visualization)

This is the conversation I had with manfeed about merging the mod into Nox Silvo.

I ported it myself today. It added just under 6 MB in images to the skin. This view is great, but slow for large movie collections (but always fast for music).

I have it working with the latest Jarvis branch:

Currently, there is one variable that may need to be adjusted (not sure if it impacts anything) and a problem with the colored MPAA flag not showing correctly. But, otherwise, everything is working correctly. I was even able to fix a couple of bugs in the original version with regards to the placement of flags on the infopanel.

I think it would be a waste considering the great work put in by manfeed!

Edit: Usable link on the next page...
^^^

Very impressive!
First time I have noticed this, the right side of the poster (3 idiots) shows a little tab on the top and bottom, hopefully you can see it in the image below ..................................... right about here: vvv

Here is a version of the Jarvis branch with Shelf 3D integrated.

Note: It is not a great view for video playlists with hundreds of items due to the need to pre-load the box and poster for each item; you will end up with a lot of blank posters. However, it is great for small video playlists and music.

Aeon Nox Silvo: Jarvis Shelf3D

The only bug I've noticed is the colored MPAA flag is not showing correctly.
  • 263(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55