• 364(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
@ mikeSiLVO:
I hope, we are both old enough to discuss things without flaming or such things Wink As I said before, I had a Reciever with Enigma2 before, which has IMO the best UI for LiveTV. I just wanted to improve this skin's LiveTV UI. All other areas are perfect!

I don't know, how much ppl are using AeonNox for Live-TV. Maybe there should be a thread: "LiveTV improvements", where ppl could post their suggestions ...

We are talking about DialogFullscreenInfo, right? PVRGuideOSD was only mentioned for the misaligned Icons.

(2016-08-18, 10:05)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I have no problem with suggestions however...

First and foremost, I do not use live TV since my tuner card crapped out on me and IMHO small spaces should not be showing full long ass plots if outlines are provided. Seriously, who wants to wait while a full plot scrolls? I have no idea what is provided outside my little bubble so the last thing I can do is base stuff off of a single persons experiences...
The Plot was shown before and it was IMHO fine before. I don't know, why you have removed it

(2016-08-18, 10:05)mikeSiLVO Wrote: In the library views for the skin I have a choice to use full or outline and if you asked to have a toggle for choosing between plot or outline then that would be amenable but not in areas like the PVRGuideOSD which has limited space to begin with therefore it makes little sense to me. If the blurb doesn't peak your interest then why would waiting to read the full plot to scroll be different?

If there are areas that a toggle button to display plot or outline would work then OK but just adding cause you want does not make much sense to me so I will need some specific examples that I can understand.
I wanted only to have it like before your commits. My opinion was not to change it Wink You want PlotOutline, me not. -> 1 : 1

(2016-08-18, 10:05)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Showing me the "German?" plots when I have no idea what they say doesn't help much... Confused
I only wanted to show, that "Plot" has much more info than PlotOutline, and this is IMHO what "info" should show (like before).
My ToDo: search for a English Channel, which is difficult in Germany Cool
(2016-08-18, 10:05)miSiLVO Wrote: P.S. I fixed the issue of moving the start date over when something is recorded or has a timer so please do not send a PR or misunderstand the fact that fixing it and PUSHING it are not the same... I will eventually push it when I find the time to do so Wink
OK, thx

PS: During the next week, I try to make something new for DialogFullscreenInfo
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Usually I use my odroid c2 with libreelec and your skin for live tv or live tv recordings. Sometimes I watch a movie, listen to music, watch some pics or the weather forecast. But 90% of the whole I use it for live tv. It's not possible to watch only movies, tv series or listen to music. Wink

By the way: What do you think about a timeshift buffer indicator bar for live tv?

Your skin is nearly perfect. It's one of the features I really miss. Big Grin

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2016-08-18, 14:46)ziggy231 Wrote: Hi people

If I install krypton master zip, as I want this new pause function on my movies, will I lose all my films and TV shows when I reinstall krypton to replace my jarvis, I'm thinking I will have to redo do everything again.....

Thanks

Ziggy
http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v17_(Krypton)_FAQ
(2016-08-18, 17:12)telexxingou Wrote: hello got problem on some action....
On Kodi krypton : Kodi (17.0-BETA1 Git:20160818-c2b48b0)
Aeon Nox Silvo : (downloaded from git today )

i get a major delay when i choose some item like Play trailer, Manual Artwork Download, extendedinfo...

Play Trailer start between 30s and 40s after dialogvideoinfo.xml was killed and busy icon displayed when i choose Trailer on VideoInfo dialog.....
(more when debug activated of course)

With another skin (metropolis or estuary), the same action on the same movie take 5 seconds max.....

here is the part of my log :

as you can see , Kodi was somewhere but don't know where here during this time ( approx 1 minute):

Any clue ?
Do you want my full debug log since Kodi start until i close it ?

thank you
Please don't put logs in posts. It is incredibly difficult looking it over like that, instead post it on pastebin and link to it here.

I am going to have to assume it is related to the background loading of extended info content so in your case (slow internet maybe?) it takes awhile to be able to perform another task until it finishes. The same thing happens for blur background behind info so if you don't see the color it is still loading. Mind checking if it is related to that by seeing if you can do anything once the color background appears?
(2016-08-18, 18:11)Solo0815 Wrote: @ mikeSiLVO:
I hope, we are both old enough to discuss things without flaming or such things Wink As I said before, I had a Reciever with Enigma2 before, which has IMO the best UI for LiveTV. I just wanted to improve this skin's LiveTV UI. All other areas are perfect!
Flaming!?! What now?
(2016-08-18, 18:11)Solo0815 Wrote: I don't know, how much ppl are using AeonNox for Live-TV. Maybe there should be a thread: "LiveTV improvements", where ppl could post their suggestions ...
There is a thread... It is this one your posting in.
(2016-08-18, 18:11)Solo0815 Wrote: We are talking about DialogFullscreenInfo, right? PVRGuideOSD was only mentioned for the misaligned Icons.

The Plot was shown before and it was IMHO fine before. I don't know, why you have removed it
I didn't remove it, I changed how it displayed if plotoutline was provided.
(2016-08-18, 18:11)Solo0815 Wrote: I wanted only to have it like before your commits. My opinion was not to change it Wink You want PlotOutline, me not. -> 1 : 1
You're entitled to your opinion but when it comes to my skin then it is certainly not 1:1. My opinion > Your opinion Wink
(2016-08-18, 18:11)Solo0815 Wrote: I only wanted to show, that "Plot" has much more info than PlotOutline, and this is IMHO what "info" should show (like before).
My ToDo: search for a English Channel, which is difficult in Germany Cool
Obviously plot has more info than the outline as that is the reason for its existence. Long info isn't better or worse then shorter info it is just different and the info shown when playing library items and in the info screen both show PlotOutline but the info dialog can be user chosen. Not sure why you need to search for an English channel cause wouldn't posting the translated plots be good enough?
(2016-08-18, 18:11)Solo0815 Wrote: PS: During the next week, I try to make something new for DialogFullscreenInfo
Happy modding and all just keep in mind that because you like something or think it should be added doesn't necessarily mean I will... Opinions and all that jazz.

You mentioned discussing things but I changed it yesterday so we haven't had time to discuss anything yet. All that has happened is you telling me how you prefer it. Perhaps give it a couple of days to try it out for a bit so you can have a more informed opinion based on actual use.
(2016-08-18, 19:27)hoppel118 Wrote: Usually I use my odroid c2 with libreelec and your skin for live tv or live tv recordings. Sometimes I watch a movie, listen to music, watch some pics or the weather forecast. But 90% of the whole I use it for live tv. It's not possible to watch only movies, tv series or listen to music. Wink

By the way: What do you think about a timeshift buffer indicator bar for live tv?

Your skin is nearly perfect. It's one of the features I really miss. Big Grin

Greetings Hoppel
Someone else will have to add this. I cannot use timeshift cause I only have the demo PVR addon and that doesn't have that capability. It is impossible for me to work on it if I cannot see how it looks Sad
Sorry, if you misunderstood "flaming" and it was unclear. I just meant to discuss things, e.g. what is better etc. as we always did in this thread. No offense Angel
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Hi,

as a absolute Newbie I have some questions about this great Skin.

My System: RaspberryPi 3 with kodi 16.1 OSMC and Emby Server

I have installed Aeon Nox Silvo mod and so far everything works, then I have installed the extendedInfo script from the offical Kodi Repo.
In the Aeon setting menu I have marked the entry to use the extended Info, but what now?

When I highlighted a movie and push the OK button and made the choice for more info I can only make the choice to start the movie.

What is my mistake, hope someone will help.
Hi Mike,

Is there anyway to get live widget refresh on new content?

The reason I asked is my collection is shared via MySQL throughout the house. My kids can only watch anything I've tagged with "kids" on their TVs. I have set up a custom playlist to display latest movies with kids tag and added this as a widget to their kodi installs. But when I add a new movie to their list the widget doesn't update unless I do a skin refresh. I could be wrong but I'm sure this used to update just off scrolling from one menu item to another.

The whole house is still running on Jarvis as sadly that's all my NAS has available at the mo.

Would appreciate your thoughts.
(2016-08-19, 00:30)mikeB2210 Wrote: Hi,

as a absolute Newbie I have some questions about this great Skin.

My System: RaspberryPi 3 with kodi 16.1 OSMC and Emby Server

I have installed Aeon Nox Silvo mod and so far everything works, then I have installed the extendedInfo script from the offical Kodi Repo.
In the Aeon setting menu I have marked the entry to use the extended Info, but what now?

When I highlighted a movie and push the OK button and made the choice for more info I can only make the choice to start the movie.

What is my mistake, hope someone will help.
I am not sure what the problem you are having is. Please post some screens or more detailed info.
(2016-08-19, 23:43)GTunney Wrote: Hi Mike,

Is there anyway to get live widget refresh on new content?

The reason I asked is my collection is shared via MySQL throughout the house. My kids can only watch anything I've tagged with "kids" on their TVs. I have set up a custom playlist to display latest movies with kids tag and added this as a widget to their kodi installs. But when I add a new movie to their list the widget doesn't update unless I do a skin refresh. I could be wrong but I'm sure this used to update just off scrolling from one menu item to another.

The whole house is still running on Jarvis as sadly that's all my NAS has available at the mo.

Would appreciate your thoughts.
Not sure if this will work but it never hurts to try Wink Skin Shortcuts User FAQ If you are still on 1.0.8 version of skin.shortcuts you should update to the latest from Git first and see if that solves the issue but if not try the instructions in the previous link.
Hey, awesome skin. Was wondering if you have any way to cache the widgets so they don't have to check for updates every boot, maybe once a week or something of that sort. They are slow to load on some devices.

Thank you !
(2016-08-20, 01:31)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Not sure if this will work but it never hurts to try Wink Skin Shortcuts User FAQ If you are still on 1.0.8 version of skin.shortcuts you should update to the latest from Git first and see if that solves the issue but if not try the instructions in the previous link.

Thanks Mike, i've updated and it's now refreshing after playback is stopped which is better than not updating at all. Just a shame because it used to update on the fly when I added the tags to a movie.

Not too sure how I can add the no cache to a playlist as it only details instructions for shortcuts to add ons.
(2016-08-20, 12:44)GTunney Wrote: Thanks Mike, i've updated and it's now refreshing after playback is stopped which is better than not updating at all. Just a shame because it used to update on the fly when I added the tags to a movie.

Not too sure how I can add the no cache to a playlist as it only details instructions for shortcuts to add ons.
Some playlist stuff is handled by an add-on, like service.library.data.provider for an example, so I thought one of those 2 options might work.. Not sure how to refresh when adding tags as that seems like it is Kodi related if it worked previously but does not any longer Confused
(2016-08-18, 19:35)mikeSiLVO Wrote: You mentioned discussing things but I changed it yesterday so we haven't had time to discuss anything yet. All that has happened is you telling me how you prefer it. Perhaps give it a couple of days to try it out for a bit so you can have a more informed opinion based on actual use.
I like the latest changes, where you can switch Plot/PlotOutline with "up" *thumbsup*
(2016-08-18, 19:35)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 18:11)Solo0815 Wrote: PS: During the next week, I try to make something new for DialogFullscreenInfo
Happy modding and all just keep in mind that because you like something or think it should be added doesn't necessarily mean I will... Opinions and all that jazz.
I modded some things for LiveTV Fullscreen Info:
added:
- Plot for the upcoming program on let/right, when showing the actual programs Plot
on first open or after disabling with "OK" it always shows the Plot for the actual program

changed:
- always show PlotOutline on FullPlot
because PlotOutline shows some different info than Plot, not just a "short version" of Plot. At least on German channels Wink
e.g. for "Criminal Minds": PlotOutline shows the name of the Episode and the year. Plot shows the Plot of the Episode. This is why I added PlotOutline to FullPlot.
- extended the FullPlot-area
if the user wants to see the FullPlot, then he has a bigger area to see it. He can switch to PlotOutline, if he doesn't like it Cool

little issue:
- LiveTV-InfoBar is a little bit brighter than the PlotInfo-BG. Maybe you can have a look.

Please have a look at this commit
If you want to test it, here is the changed DialogFullScreenInfo.xml: RAW github

I tested it on german channels, some doesn't provide PlotOutline. Here is Plot shown instead.
The same can be done with PausedOverlay, but I wanted to hear your opinion first Big Grin
(2016-08-21, 13:01)Solo0815 Wrote: I like the latest changes, where you can switch Plot/PlotOutline with "up" *thumbsup*
I did add that just for you. Truly not being sarcastic, I added it just for you cause you are the only one talking about the Live TV stuff... Wink
(2016-08-21, 13:01)Solo0815 Wrote: I modded some things for LiveTV Fullscreen Info:
added:
- Plot for the upcoming program on let/right, when showing the actual programs Plot
on first open or after disabling with "OK" it always shows the Plot for the actual program

changed:
- always show PlotOutline on FullPlot
because PlotOutline shows some different info than Plot, not just a "short version" of Plot. At least on German channels Wink
e.g. for "Criminal Minds": PlotOutline shows the name of the Episode and the year. Plot shows the Plot of the Episode. This is why I added PlotOutline to FullPlot.
- extended the FullPlot-area
if the user wants to see the FullPlot, then he has a bigger area to see it. He can switch to PlotOutline, if he doesn't like it Cool

little issue:
- LiveTV-InfoBar is a little bit brighter than the PlotInfo-BG. Maybe you can have a look.

Please have a look at this commit
If you want to test it, here is the changed DialogFullScreenInfo.xml: RAW github

I tested it on german channels, some doesn't provide PlotOutline. Here is Plot shown instead.
The same can be done with PausedOverlay, but I wanted to hear your opinion first Big Grin
Mind posting some screens? Hard to know what you changed and I am lazy while also drinking too much on a regular basis and you already know I have severe code control issues... Confused

That is not me making fun of or saying a statement about your coding but instead is a need for me to, if I can, simplify the code used... an example would be my recent cleanup of all the time remaining VARs

I understand wanting the full plot having more space for the info but I already did that by making it wider so how big do you think it should be?

I made it wider but also shorter to show as much video that I could, that is my mantra really, show as much fanart or video that I can while making it still look like it is a Nox 5 skin...

This will have to be what the majority of users see cause if Germany provides much different info than I expected like just displaying episode title and year that makes it harder to decide between the two or if both should be shown at once... That is why I made the instant toggle and a user choice at the same time Wink

Discussion is open, my friend. Lets discuss Smile
I'll post some screens later today or tomorrow. My wife is occupying the TV Wink
No rush... Happy wife, Happy life :d
  • 364(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55