• 469(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Just switched to this from Aeon Madnox which I've been using for years, unfortunately, MadNox has become a little unreliable using multiple profiles & a little heavy.

I'm very impressed with this, it offers almost all the same functionality but runs much more smoothly & doesnt crash or fail to load textures etc.

There's a few minor differences that I can live with (not being able to move the system bar above the main home menu to the top of the screen or split it in two), but only one thing that really bothers me.

The pause screen. Is there any way to stop the plot showing automatically after a few seconds when paused? I try to avoid reading the plot with a few things as it can spoil the show/film.

Ideally I want it to look like it does when you press info & pause, so you see some more artwork/graphics, but without the plot outline, I've done a very quick & dirty mockup of what I mean:

I understand that may not be too easy though, so if I could just switch off that automatic plot screen appearing after a few seconds when paused I'd be happy!

Thanks in advance, & thanks for all the work you've put into making this skin!

EDIT!

Found the option to switch it off, I'd somehow missed it in the Video OSD section, I just saw the Netflic reference & ignored it the first time, oops!. I'd still like a more graphic based choice like I mocked up if at all possible, but I'm happy with this for now!
How can i install this on SPMC?
(2017-06-28, 17:35)jjscorn Wrote: How can i install this on SPMC?
Can you not just add the repo in the first post, as you would with Kodi?

I would assume it would work in the same manner (assuming the SPMC build matches the Kodi build, unsure if they use the same numbering system).
(2017-06-28, 19:33)FoxForceFive Wrote:
(2017-06-28, 17:35)jjscorn Wrote: How can i install this on SPMC?
Can you not just add the repo in the first post, as you would with Kodi?

I would assume it would work in the same manner (assuming the SPMC build matches the Kodi build, unsure if they use the same numbering system).

Agreed. Installing on SPMC is no different than Kodi.
I will start by saying I keep trying other skins but for everything other than the 10ft sofa surfing interface this is the skin I keep coming back to.

Have recently invested in a new Samsung S2 tablet (my previous tablet was prehistoric) and of course installed Kodi on it then this skin. I am running it with main menu bar in vertical mode.

I suspect this is a hardware rather than a software issue but...

When scrolling down the home bar, the scrolling is vague, the bar will continue to scroll down a little after I stop scrolling which often results in picking the wrong menu option. Has anyone else had the same type of issue?
Is there Kodi 18 Leia support?
(2017-06-30, 18:42)levider Wrote: Is there Kodi 18 Leia support?

Had you fully read post #2 Item #1 you would have already had your answer Wink I am being a nice guy and giving you the link to the Repo.

https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox.../README.md
mikesilvo,

On dialogvideoinfo the tomatoes ratings are showing .. after the rating.

I also noticed that the blurred effect doesn't work for all movies, not sure if this is a bug or just happening to me. For example, LOTR movies and extended are not showing the blur effect.
Does anyone happen to know where the setting is, or what file to edit to change the date and time. Doing the regular theme color changing doesn't change it. It stays white which makes it hard to see with certain backgrounds.
Hi, first thank you fro your work. I have a question about OSMC and Network settings menu.
Using RPi3 with OSMC and kodi 17.3 with your (awesome) skin.

But when i need to connect wireless Wifi i have to change the skin, go back to estuary, reach OSMC submenu in Systeme then i have the Network menu.

Is there any solution or any way to have this particular menu on my Silvo skin ?

Thanks a lot !
(2017-06-21, 00:51)normy62 Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 22:51)TallTing Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 01:23)mikeSiLVO Wrote: There was a skin engine change. Latest master from today is now updated with those changes.
Let me know if you notice any more issues.

Thanks

Thanks for the update Mike. I'd experienced the same issue when trying to enter a zip code into Yahoo weather/it's working great now. Like others have commented, I've tried many skins but always come back to AN5:Silvo/it's the 1 that best fits my preferences. 1 thing I've been wondering about/would like to do -- I found where/how to change my menu font but haven't found anything on how to change the submenu font... my current submenu font/the top of the font is slightly cut off... any pointers on which XML font to edit to adjust the submenu font, and also my info bar (with the date/time) -- how can I move it from the top of the screen/combine it with the menu bar?
watch gallery

would love to know how you got the down arrow on your skin ( if you would like to share) also the font name you are using. and if you found out about the submenu change.. thanks

Hi Normy62; the down arrow you asked about is actually not a down arrow -- it's part of the background JPG that just happens to look like a down arrow. Funny, I never noticed that until you mentioned it. The main menu font in my screenshot is called KAMIKZOM.TTF. Cheers!
Hi @mikeSiLVO, would it be possible to change the way the skin updates?

Every time it updates, I get my personal mods erased, like the font and all my custom .xbt files erased. It would be cool if this could be avoided. I've already lost some of my personal .xbt texture files because I forgot to back them up.

If you'd like, I could upload them for your appreciation. Maybe you'll like them and include it in the skin. It would spare me the trouble of copying them back to Kodi and I don't mind sharing!
Be interesting to see how the Boss is going to do that.

If you make changes to the code across several .xml files and then MikeSilvo makes changes to some of those same files, how would you suppose he could keep from overwriting your changed files when he issues an update?? YOU should make notes of what your changes are and to what files the changes were made. Then you can just edit your changes to the updated skin files. A simple copy and paste would do the trick for you. Also a look at the git for the version of the skin you use could possibly give you advanced warning of the changes that are coming....
You might also turn off automatic updates. This way you can be ready for the change.
Hello all. Building my first build from scratch (thank you Mike for the skin). Sorry for the basic question, but I'm stuck...

How do you open up a source or setting to allow custom imagine selection for default skin background? I have no option to return to the kodi home folders when selecting imagine. Just stuck in skin folder as options for imagines. I've added special://home to file manager and set pics source in media to same. I'm sure it's a simple fix. Cheers!
I create a folder in the special://home/backgrounds folder "Backgrounds" and put it all in there (you can name it as you wish). Then set it as a source in file manager.
  • 469(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55