• 477(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Not quite sure where to post this. May not really be strictly a skin issue. If there's a better thread please point me to it.Huh

I've noticed that my RSS ticker seems to have a character limit. I had 4 feeds in set one but the last feed in the set never displays and the third feed gets cut short. All the feeds work and I can see them if I change the order in rss.xml. I'm guessing that the ticker is resetting after some limit is reached. Is there some character limit for the ticker? The wiki doesn't show any info regarding any sort of limit.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2017-08-13, 18:02)shedrock Wrote: Thanks Mike,

I've tried it in every way I could but it still doesn't work for me.

This is all I see in the logs:
Since your getting errors in skin.helper widgets. I'm thinking mismatched version so to rule that out completely lets try uninstalling all versions of tv.show.next.aired, skin.helper.service, and skin.helper.widgets and double-check your addons folder to make sure no other versions of those addons exist and install the exact versions I mentioned above.

skin.helper.service v1.1.3
skin.helper.widgets v1.0.22
tv.show.next.aired v6.0.15
(2017-08-13, 18:21)wgstarks Wrote: Not quite sure where to post this. May not really be strictly a skin issue. If there's a better thread please point me to it.Huh

I've noticed that my RSS ticker seems to have a character limit. I had 4 feeds in set one but the last feed in the set never displays and the third feed gets cut short. All the feeds work and I can see them if I change the order in rss.xml. I'm guessing that the ticker is resetting after some limit is reached. Is there some character limit for the ticker? The wiki doesn't show any info regarding any sort of limit.
Are you using the Vertical Menu layout?

If so, there may be something I can look at.

If you are not using Vertical Menu then it could be a Kodi bug or a feed error. Not sure where to post about that... Perhaps in the skinning forum Huh
(2017-08-13, 18:31)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2017-08-13, 18:21)wgstarks Wrote: Not quite sure where to post this. May not really be strictly a skin issue. If there's a better thread please point me to it.Huh

Are you using the Vertical Menu layout?

If so, there may be something I can look at.

If you are not using Vertical Menu then it could be a Kodi bug or a feed error. Not sure where to post about that... Perhaps in the skinning forum Huh
I'm using horizontal with the ticker at the bottom of the screen.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2017-08-13, 18:51)wgstarks Wrote: I'm using horizontal with the ticker at the bottom of the screen.
I don't see any issues with the code.

I did find this in the skinning manual:

As can be seen, each feedset has an id attribute – this is what we are referencing in the <id> attribute of the control. There can be more than one <set> defined, and more than one <feed> per set. The <feed>'s must be escaped so that they're xml-safe (ie replace & with &amp; etc.). Each feed in the set runs through in the order they are defined.

Your testing seems to make that irrelevant though...

You can try messing with the RSS feed control like adjusting width or removing <urlset> to see if you can pinpoint the cause.

The RSS Feed control for the low setting with a horizontal menu is ~ line 1419 in Includes_Home.xml.
I did everything you suggested and still it doesn't work for me. I will have to reinstall everything from scratch again to see if that resolves it. I did test it with Rapier and the next aired widgets on that skin work, so maybe something is corrupted somewhere.

Thanks again,

Shedrock
(2017-08-13, 19:28)shedrock Wrote: I did everything you suggested and still it doesn't work for me. I will have to reinstall everything from scratch again to see if that resolves it. I did test it with Rapier and the next aired widgets on that skin work, so maybe something is corrupted somewhere.

Thanks again,

Shedrock
Troubleshooting is gonna take a few steps to isolate the problem so the next step is to check your log to see if that error is gone.

Rapier might be using a different widget plugin path. I'll take a look at there implementation when I can.

Until then you can also try opening the TV Guide submenu under your TV Shows menu item and opening the sidemenu and clicking settings and click Update the TV information now.
(2017-08-13, 19:34)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2017-08-13, 19:28)shedrock Wrote: I did everything you suggested and still it doesn't work for me. I will have to reinstall everything from scratch again to see if that resolves it. I did test it with Rapier and the next aired widgets on that skin work, so maybe something is corrupted somewhere.

Thanks again,

Shedrock
Troubleshooting is gonna take a few steps to isolate the problem so the next step is to check your log to see if that error is gone.

Rapier might be using a different widget plugin path. I'll take a look at there implementation when I can.

Until then you can also try opening the TV Guide submenu under your TV Shows menu item and opening the sidemenu and clicking settings and click Update the TV information now.

Sounds good. I also did update the TV information and I also tried rebuilding it from scratch. Also, the error is still in the log file. I also noticed that if I use the recommended version of skin.helper.widgets then I get an error notification popup, unless I update, then that error keeps coming back.

Shedrock
(2017-08-13, 19:39)shedrock Wrote: Sounds good. I also did update the TV information and I also tried rebuilding it from scratch. Also, the error is still in the log file. I also noticed that if I use the recommended version of skin.helper.widgets then I get an error notification popup, unless I update, then that error keeps coming back.

Shedrock
Hmmm... Can you please post a full debug log (wiki) with Skin Shortcuts debugging enabled in the script settings and re-select the widget from scratch I.E. select none as widget and back out to home screen, wait for menu rebuild, then go back into the Main Menu customizer and re-select the widget options again, lastly exit to home menu for another rebuild. This way I can check the plugin path and try to match your setup as close as I can.

EDIT: Rapiers Widgets are hardcoded. They are not using a dynamic plugin path. It is working cause it is using a completely different method to display Widgets.
(2017-08-13, 19:46)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2017-08-13, 19:39)shedrock Wrote: Sounds good. I also did update the TV information and I also tried rebuilding it from scratch. Also, the error is still in the log file. I also noticed that if I use the recommended version of skin.helper.widgets then I get an error notification popup, unless I update, then that error keeps coming back.

Shedrock
Hmmm... Can you please post a full debug log (wiki) with Skin Shortcuts debugging enabled in the script settings and re-select the widget from scratch I.E. select none as widget and back out to home screen, wait for menu rebuild, then go back into the Main Menu customizer and re-select the widget options again, lastly exit to home menu for another rebuild. This way I can check the plugin path and try to match your setup as close as I can.

EDIT: Rapiers Widgets are hardcoded. They are not using a dynamic plugin path. It is working cause it is using a completely different method to display Widgets.

Here is a link to my log file: https://pastebin.com/dsTTNqRb

Hope I did it right. Big Grin

Shedrock
(2017-08-13, 20:08)shedrock Wrote: Here is a link to my log file: https://pastebin.com/dsTTNqRb

Hope I did it right. Big Grin

Shedrock
That's a regular log not a debug log (wiki) but I am seeing import errors and that is usually due to installing scripts manually without their dependencies. Can you try one more time removing the scripts and installing them in Skin settings > Help > Install or change settings of supported add-ons > and Clicking on skin.helper.service and skin.helper.widgets in the Recommended section then tv.show.next.aired in the optional section?

Hope it works cause I am running out the door in like 2 min...

EDIT: Double check version numbers in case you have marcelvedts beta repo installed.
It still didn't work for me. That's ok though. Tomorrow I will install everything from scratch and see what happens. I shall report back.

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Shedrock
(2017-08-09, 13:59)isitmeor Wrote:
(2017-08-08, 13:36)isitmeor Wrote: can some tell me how t get rid of these error messages
ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary
Not without a full debug log (wiki) Wink

just found out it only happens with the github version
[/quote]

is was an error coming from te remote.xml
MikeSilvo,

This is a GREAT skin. Thank you for all your hard work!!

Anything I can edit or do to stop that small menu bar from coming down (the one that says Movies : Titles and says the time) when navigating movies in the full screen wall? I'd love to just see the movie posters and not have that bar ever pop down.

Thank you!
(2017-08-14, 02:34)Method007 Wrote: MikeSilvo,

This is a GREAT skin. Thank you for all your hard work!!

Anything I can edit or do to stop that small menu bar from coming down (the one that says Movies : Titles and says the time) when navigating movies in the full screen wall? I'd love to just see the movie posters and not have that bar ever pop down.

Thank you!
Yep. Turn the TopBar off in the options located in the side menu Wink
Can be turned off for any view.
(2017-08-13, 17:17)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Ok I am lost here so lets have you reinstall the skin and install skin.helper.widgets then resetup your widget. I will have to either make skin.helper.widgets a dependency or hide all widgets that use its reload property.

Didn't think of this when adding that to the widgets.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Not sure if I understand this correctly.
You suppose I should re-install the skin as a measure to get skin.helper.widgets working? They already do.

Or was the "I am lost here" targeted at the fact that season posters show up?
  • 477(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55