• 540(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2019-01-28, 19:02)mikeSiLVO Wrote: script.libraryeditor

Thanks, Mike. Just to be clear, this is happening only on TV Shows, not Movies. I use an external media manager to write the NFOs and use local information only. The NFO for one of the shows is below. If I knew where the TV ratings icons are assigned, I think I could fix it. The NR.png fallback seems to only work for Movies.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- created on 2017-10-22 18:40:14 - tinyMediaManager 2.9.5 -->
<tvshow>
    <title>DOX History</title>
    <sorttitle></sorttitle>
    <year>1967</year>
    <rating>0.0</rating>
    <votes>0</votes>
    <plot>History Documentaries</plot>
    <mpaa>not rated</mpaa>
    <episodeguide>
        <url></url>
    </episodeguide>
    <id></id>
    <imdbid></imdbid>
    <genre>Documentary</genre>
    <genre>History</genre>
    <premiered></premiered>
    <status></status>
    <studio>GSP</studio>
</tvshow>
Hello, new to this skin. How do we dim the fanart?? On the home screen the movie fanart and/Or the global background seems too bright for my taste. Is there an option somewhere that im not seeing to dim or blur the fanart on the home screen??
(2019-01-29, 05:10)SMB-IL Wrote: Thanks, Mike. Just to be clear, this is happening only on TV Shows, not Movies. I use an external media manager to write the NFOs and use local information only. The NFO for one of the shows is below. If I knew where the TV ratings icons are assigned, I think I could fix it. The NR.png fallback seems to only work for Movies.

There is only one field for classification ratings and that is the MPAA field. That is just what it is called and it is the same for everything including non-US locations and TV Shows.

I checked the Krypton version and cannot replicate the issue you have when a TV Show has "not rated" as the MPAA field. It displays the NR flag as expected.

(2019-01-29, 20:44)jdig4240 Wrote: Hello, new to this skin. How do we dim the fanart?? On the home screen the movie fanart and/Or the global background seems too bright for my taste. Is there an option somewhere that im not seeing to dim or blur the fanart on the home screen??

Not in the skin currently. I guess I can add that option to the next release... Huh
Took the plunge and updated my shield to 18 and have now switched to your skin, very nice indeed, thank you [emoji120][emoji120]
One thing I can't seem to do is convert physical paths to special for backgrounds.
I've changed the paths in settings.xml but still show the physical path in GUI and when I transfer my install to laptop the backgrounds don't show.
What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks and all the best

Paul
After updating to Kodi 18, Aeon Nox Silvo is very slow when playing a movie and clicking any button to show the player buttons menu. Often the video will freeze for 1 second, before the menu shows up.

I changed over to Estuary skin, and the issue was not there.

Using Nvidia Shield Android TV.
Post one of this thread holds the repo zip.
(2019-01-29, 20:58)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-01-29, 05:10)SMB-IL Wrote: Thanks, Mike. Just to be clear, this is happening only on TV Shows, not Movies. I use an external media manager to write the NFOs and use local information only. The NFO for one of the shows is below. If I knew where the TV ratings icons are assigned, I think I could fix it. The NR.png fallback seems to only work for Movies.

There is only one field for classification ratings and that is the MPAA field. That is just what it is called and it is the same for everything including non-US locations and TV Shows.

I checked the Krypton version and cannot replicate the issue you have when a TV Show has "not rated" as the MPAA field. It displays the NR flag as expected.  

I figured this out. The problem turned out to be the name of the "not rated" icon file. The media manager I use, TinyMediaManager, labels unrated movies as "NR", but unrated TV Shows as "not rated", which is fine because I have a TV-NR.png icon for unrated TV Shows and I wanted them separated anyway. As soon as I copied the TV-NR.png file to not rated.png, everything is working as expected: NR.png covers the unrated movies and not rated.png covers the unrated TV Shows.
Is it possible to import my Aeon Nox settings and configuration into Aeon Nox Silvo?

I was running Kodi under Nvidia Shield and Aeon Nox, and the auto update took me to Kodi 18. So no more Aeon Nox for me Sad
I'd like to understand if there's a way to move all my Aeon Nox customizations (mostly menu items and submenues) to Aeon Nox Silvo without manually recreating all of them

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Hi guys, long time user here, but I'm trying to setup things differently and I am failing. The wiki is not really helping me on this thing.

I have divided my movies and tv show folders on my NAS into separate folders for my wife for myself and shared tvshows/movies. (yes we watch A LOT)
So I created multiple videosources, each pointing to a separate folder:

Movies
Movies Latino
Movies Irene

TV Shows
TV Latino
TV Irene

The sources are working fine, I can go to them and see the list of items.

Then I created 6 main menu items with the same names. Now this is where it fails, when setting up the main menu items I select a specific video source for that menu item. A shortcut file is created, 1.xsp, 2.xsp etc

All seems ok, but when I go to the main menu and open any of these main menu's I end up with a list of all the video sources I created, and they are displayed twice each!

What am I doing wrong? And how can I go directly from a custom menu item to a specific video source? TIA!

Here's a link to my mainmenu.DATA.xml file: http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~latino/Misc/mainmenu.DATA.xml
@mikeSiLVO Hi Mike, i cant get music video menu to appear on the home screen. It’s enabled in settings but won’t show up at all. Any clues? I can get a log later on to post but just wondering in the meantime if it’s a known issue

Thx
Kodi auto updated on Nvidia shield with the release of the stable version. So my ANS 17 stopped  working. Well All I did was download the Leia version of ANS , kept my previous v17 skin config/ settings & just dropped them onto the new install and voila ... BAM .. my customised skin EXACTLY as I had it configured with all backgrounds & playlists etc . I navigated into basic menu's and everything looks fine as it should. Will play further later today.

@martinlee18 : I am not sure you can keep settings from a different skin (AN ) to another ( ANS ). 
I would advise to just setup the skin again. in my heyday I used to configure skin in 30 minutes ..and my skin is heavily customised with all bells & whistles.if its a simple setup it should be even less. See There was a time when I played with my configurations of kodi & skins that it almost became a second nature to do this. So why not just give it a try. 
ALways keep a Backup of you kodi & skins & addons & settings.

I have yet to try Leia on my main windows PC with all 3D related sub settings etc. Yeah I know 3D's dead... but I am a sucker for it..
@latino156

Custom_home_items (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-01-31, 18:21)shaktoo Wrote: [...]

@martinlee18 : I am not sure you can keep settings from a different skin (AN ) to another ( ANS ). 
I would advise to just setup the skin again. in my heyday I used to configure skin in 30 minutes ..and my skin is heavily customised with all bells & whistles.if its a simple setup it should be even less. See There was a time when I played with my configurations of kodi & skins that it almost became a second nature to do this. So why not just give it a try. 
ALways keep a Backup of you kodi & skins & addons & settings.

[...]
Yeah I think I'll go that way, I already installed ANS and started rebuilding my menus and it seems quite easy... thanks anyway!
@latino156 - long things short, you create a smart playlist that is only assigned to the specific source, then link from the menu item to the smart playlist.
Avoid trying to mix up tv shows and movies in one smartplaylist. My Kodi doesn't like that, therefore i have to create 2 seperate playlists for each topic (one for tv-shows and one for movies).

There is also a specific guide for this custom home entries / smart playlists for Aeon Nox Silvo as Karellen pointed out: Guide
Mike Silvo, first off let me complement you on a wonderful skin. Easiest skin to work with and easy for the user as well. Well done. I have a problem though with Silvo using Simple Favorites and Aeon Nox Silvo widgets. When in Poster mode the name (Title) is displayed as it should however when using Square Poster mode the Name is no longer displayed. I suspect it is a matter of the position of the text in the widget. Could you please take a look and see what you think and post your thoughts...
  • 540(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55