• 599(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Ok, I just spent way too much time trying to figure out how to add studio icons for sets to script.skin.info.service and I got it to work!

It is gonna use the studio from the first movie in a collection:

Thinking about putting them everywhere icons are currently shown Huh

Speaking of Studio Icons is there anybody keen on making a nifty looking Syndication one for shows that get that from The MovieDb TV scraper?

I have quite a few shows like that and I don't want to manually change them when an icon for syndicated shows seems like a better idea...
(2019-09-16, 06:56)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Ok, I just spent way too much time trying to figure out how to add studio icons for sets to script.skin.info.service and I got it to work!

It is gonna use the studio from the first movie in a collection:

Thinking about putting them everywhere icons are currently shown Huh

Speaking of Studio Icons is there anybody keen on making a nifty looking Syndication one for shows that get that from The MovieDb TV scraper?

I have quite a few shows like that and I don't want to manually change them when an icon for syndicated shows seems like a better idea...

Is it possible to have a global setting to turn on/off the studio icons across all views? I say global as I imagine it would be less work than having it on a per-view basis. Maybe a choice to enable it for shows but disable for movies - tv channel logos are easier to find than movie studios.

Reason being that a lot of times the studios don’t exist anymore (for old movies) or sometimes a given studio has only done one movie/show - it’s just a company put together for that movie and then just don’t exist anymore. Some studios are also quite obscure and don’t really have a logo available. I have contributed a bunch of logos to the resource addon but it’s simply impossible to cover every studio.
Hi

I really love this skin, however I still battle to get all the extras to work/download if I use 2 or more profiles on the 2nd or 3rd profile. Have to install the plugins/extras manually by download the repo or zip file. Is anyone else having this issue?
(2019-09-16, 08:47)monisriz Wrote: Is it possible to have a global setting to turn on/off the studio icons across all views? I say global as I imagine it would be less work than having it on a per-view basis. Maybe a choice to enable it for shows but disable for movies - tv channel logos are easier to find than movie studios.

Reason being that a lot of times the studios don’t exist anymore (for old movies) or sometimes a given studio has only done one movie/show - it’s just a company put together for that movie and then just don’t exist anymore. Some studios are also quite obscure and don’t really have a logo available. I have contributed a bunch of logos to the resource addon but it’s simply impossible to cover every studio.

Not likely gonna add that. Too much work for what I believe only a small portion of users would actually use.
A lot would have to be reworked with the other icons so placement wouldn't look off. It would be easier to hide them all instead of one or then, the worst thing imaginable, requests for piecemeal enable/disable. I don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

For the obscure or ones that will likely never get a logo, I usually change to another studio.
Most movies have something to do with a major studio that has a logo.
Title card in beginning, producer, financier distributor, ect...

(2019-09-16, 11:37)jeinnor40 Wrote: Hi

I really love this skin, however I still battle to get all the extras to work/download if I use 2 or more profiles on the 2nd or 3rd profile. Have to install the plugins/extras manually by download the repo or zip file. Is anyone else having this issue?

Skin has no control over that and there are widely known issues with Kodi and how it handles profiles.
Added MPAA icons for Movie Sets also:
watch gallery

It takes the first movies MPAA which should work for most circumstances.

You will need the latest version of script.skin.info.service and the skin.

Still trying to test all the settings for issues so will push the skin update to GitHub sometime today for anybody willing to test.
I just tried the latest git from today and I have a few suggestions:
1. LiveTV: Hide player control buttons
The buttons for "channel up" and "channel down" should also be hidden. They are similar to "Next" and "Previous" (song) in music.

2. The Live-BG Cases should have clear cases like the CD cases in the music Live-BG
There should be also a option to switch between "clear" and "labeled cases". With "labeled" I mean 4k, 1080, WEB-DL etc.

3. Live-TV -> OSD-buttons -> Settings:
add options for "Infobar", which are actually under LiveTV-settings.
with that in mind, you could:
- move "GUIDE TIMELINE VIEW" settings to the sideblade in "Guide"
this would be the same as the settings for every other library view e.g. shift or rightlist ...
- move "SIDEBLADE OPTIONS" to all window-sideblades which are PVR related.
This would totally remove the need of "LiveTV settings"

4. I can't select the player control buttons in the sideblade, while LiveTV is playing. There should also be buttons for "channel up" and "channel down". You can remove "Next" and "Previous".
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2019-09-16, 20:39)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Added MPAA icons for Movie Sets also:
watch gallery

It takes the first movies MPAA which should work for most circumstances.

You will need the latest version of script.skin.info.service and the skin.

Still trying to test all the settings for issues so will push the skin update to GitHub sometime today for anybody willing to test.

What happens if one of the movies in the set has a different studio than the studio for the first movie (the one that’s displayed)?
(2019-09-16, 20:54)Solo0815 Wrote: I just tried the latest git from today and I have a few suggestions:
1. LiveTV: Hide player control buttons
The buttons for "channel up" and "channel down" should also be hidden. They are similar to "Next" and "Previous" (song) in music.

2. The Live-BG Cases should have clear cases like the CD cases in the music Live-BG
There should be also a option to switch between "clear" and "labeled cases". With "labeled" I mean 4k, 1080, WEB-DL etc.

3. Live-TV -> OSD-buttons -> Settings:
add options for "Infobar", which are actually under LiveTV-settings.
with that in mind, you could:
- move "GUIDE TIMELINE VIEW" settings to the sideblade in "Guide"
this would be the same as the settings for every other library view e.g. shift or rightlist ...
- move "SIDEBLADE OPTIONS" to all window-sideblades which are PVR related.
This would totally remove the need of "LiveTV settings"

4. I can't select the player control buttons in the sideblade, while LiveTV is playing. There should also be buttons for "channel up" and "channel down". You can remove "Next" and "Previous".

I don't agree with #1. Channel changing I don't think fits the term "player controls" also I can think of why someone wouldn't want to skip/pause/stop but keep channel changing available.

Live Case backgrounds don't follow the global case setting in skin setting? I'll have to doublecheck that one...

Keeping the PVR/Live TV settings in their own dialog makes more sense then having to navigate to every window to set it up the way you want.
Seems inefficient to me.

I'll have to test the Player Controls for Live TV but that was originally added for quick song skipping.
I don't quite understand the need to be able to change channels using the side menu.
Why are you not watching video fullscreen, I mean video is for watching it right?

(2019-09-16, 21:37)monisriz Wrote: What happens if one of the movies in the set has a different studio than the studio for the first movie (the one that’s displayed)?

Studio and MPAA is for first movie only. Should be good enough and the only reason I am adding it is cause I think it looks better for views with icons enabled even if it doesn't match every single movie in the set.

Most sets share the same studio and rating so I don't think the accuracy is as important as actually showing an icon instead of just nothing.
IMHO Smile
(2019-09-16, 22:11)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Keeping the PVR/Live TV settings in their own dialog makes more sense then having to navigate to every window to set it up the way you want.
Seems inefficient to me.

IMHO I can't see any difference than setting up every Library view, e.g. there is one for movies, one for TV-Shows and one for Episodes ... each can have a different view and you have to navigate to every library (movies, tvshows etc.) and set it up. There is no dialog to set it up all in one place and you can setup video OSD like progressbar in this menu for videos. No difference to LiveTV Infobar IMHO, that's why I suggested it.
Consistency? Big Grin
If you don't want to do it, then please add a new menu entry to LiveTV-OSD buttons to access LiveTV-settings window.
(2019-09-16, 22:11)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I don't quite understand the need to be able to change channels using the side menu.
Why are you not watching video fullscreen, I mean video is for watching it right?
I'm watching video fullscreen ofcourse, but the buttons in the sideblade are there and should be usable. They are usable when playing a video. And for consistency, there shouldn't be the "Next" and "Previous" buttons, but the channel up and down ones.

With "Clear" DVD cases, I mean something like this without the resolution.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2019-09-17, 07:12)Solo0815 Wrote: IMHO I can't see any difference than setting up every Library view, e.g. there is one for movies, one for TV-Shows and one for Episodes ... each can have a different view and you have to navigate to every library (movies, tvshows etc.) and set it up. There is no dialog to set it up all in one place and you can setup video OSD like progressbar in this menu for videos. No difference to LiveTV Infobar IMHO, that's why I suggested it.
Consistency? Big Grin
If you don't want to do it, then please add a new menu entry to LiveTV-OSD buttons to access LiveTV-settings window.

I feel like your comparing apples to oranges here. You are not setting up movies, shows, ect. You are setting up the view itself and some of the options are customizable to the content type but I don't see the similarities that you're suggesting.

However, I do sort of get what your saying but the hide sideblade categories is Global for Live TV and I'm not gonna put a toggle for each one in every sidemenu so I need to have a dialog anyway.

If you just want me to add some of the Live TV settings to the sidemenu for specific areas like guide options when the Live TV guide is visible then, maybe...
It makes some sense and I already do that in some places like having "Setup up the Aeon Nox main menu" in both the Main Menu & Customization sections in Skin Settings.

I am all for a better customization flow but this doesn't feel like an improvement, more like a nitpick.
I'm cool with nitpicks and all, might not agree with some of them... Wink

Do you mean adding the options for InfoBar to the OSD settings popup when watching fullscreen Live TV?

(2019-09-17, 07:12)Solo0815 Wrote: I'm watching video fullscreen ofcourse, but the buttons in the sideblade are there and should be usable. They are usable when playing a video. And for consistency, there shouldn't be the "Next" and "Previous" buttons, but the channel up and down ones.

With "Clear" DVD cases, I mean something like this without the resolution.

OTOH I could always hide those buttons when playing Live TV... Huh Wink
I'll try to remember to add it.

Are you suggesting to add a 3rd global case type option for video content?
You do realize how much work that would be to add, right?
With all the views, options and settings in the skin...

Not the biggest fan of that image you linked so I would need a better one than that if I was going to add it.
Haven't touched MyFlix view in awhile and since @monisriz provided a new diffuse image for the background I thought it was time for an update.
I reworked it a bit with a noticeably bigger logo:
watch gallery

I wanted a bigger logo so hopefully you all do as well Wink
I don't think I messed up anything but with all the options it is hard to know for sure so please test out the latest from GitHub if you can.

FYI I am sure some have noticed that I have been very active recently but soon that will change. I recommend to get suggestions/requests to me sooner rather than later cause I plan to take a break for a little bit.

I am not gonna disappear or anything just going be less active with skin updates and the forum.
Thank you for being as active as you've been lately.  We got some nice improvements and additions.  As long as you're asking for any last minute stuff...

As you can see in your screenshot above using MyFlix, posters give a reflection in the metadata area where it shows marvel studios icon and PG 13 rating icon.  I'm sure many including yourself appreciate it.  Personally, if there was an enable/disable poster reflection option I would use it.  Certainly not a big deal.  I think this skin is pretty damn perfect for my taste as it is.

A small pixel border around the poster that is in focus for music, TV, and movies would be cool too.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Just a heads up for you @mikeSiLVO

script.grab.fanart the latest version 0.15.1 can be broken on some systems... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2883798
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-18, 09:42)Karellen Wrote: Just a heads up for you @mikeSiLVO

script.grab.fanart the latest version 0.15.1 can be broken on some systems... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2883798

I had issues with this as well, it would seem to be fine, but if I would "scan info for all artists or albums" in music, it would throw error from then on, including every time you start kodi. I had to go back to v14.1 as well.
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
@brazen1 I got a little secret, I have been slowly removing some of those reflections from the skin. Shhhh! Don't tell anybody. Tongue
I can just remove them for that view entirely. I don't really care if they are there...

@Karellen According to ronies addon.xml it is only Aeon Nox.

Not too long ago someone mentioned removing some of the service script dependencies. When they asked that the fanart script had not been updated in a long while so I started adding some of those option directly in the skin instead of relying on the add-on.

For the Main Menu I added the Kodi prefaced options:

I wanted to see if anybody noticed slow downs or had performance issues and nobody has said anything since I added it back in v7.0.4 which was made available on Kodi repo ~August 18th.

Since then the script was updated so I stopped adding a way to remove that dependency.
I guess I should continue adding that but I feel like with such a reliance on that script for a basic feature like fanart I am going to miss/forget something.

I switched to using those Kodi options exclusively for the Main Menu but mine is very basic with only 7 items and 3 Widgets. I have not noticed any problems though.

Would you mind manually deleting the script.garb.fanart from your addons switching to the available options for the Main Menu and let me know what fanart is still missing?
The options I know that still need to be added are Music Videos and Global Video/Music/All fanart but the latter seems like a resource hog and should only be available using a script...

@ All Does anyone use the ones available as their fallback in the library sections?
  • 599(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55