• 629(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
@mikeSiLVO 

Hi, my name is Baptiste from France. I'm a "rookie" on Kodi application and I'm trying to download your Aeon Silvio skin on Leia 18.5 but since 3 days I've the same issue.
Imagehttps://www.noelshack.com/2019-51-7-1576...-issue.jpg
I already try to uninstall and re-install kodi but once done, it's automatically on "Building menu Please wait".

Could you please kindly assist me ?

Thanks

Baptiste
Hello,

i recently found an issue of 100% cpu idle (Kodi running on Raspi 3B) with Aeon Nox Silvo and Artist Slideshow 3.0.
I posted my finding on the AS thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2909949
(2019-12-18, 03:37)HomerJau Wrote: Thanks such a quick fix Mike! (I can’t test until tomorrow, but I’m sure you’ll get feedback before then)

BTW: I always change ‘aspectratio’ to ‘keep’ for AS as a lot of my fanart isn’t 16x9 and gets chopped of with ‘scale’.

Ive wondered whether keep should be the default (or a new skin setting could be added to allow user preference)?

I often use the 'List' view with some addons, and I noticed that (at least recently) the frame of the right where a picture/logo/screenshot would be shown doesn't follow the original picture aspect ratio.
I tried 'mangling' the file 16x9/View_50_List.xml to change all the
 <aspectratio aligny="bottom">stretch</aspectratio>
into
<aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
(apologies for the roughness of the edit, I'm no expert at editing kodi views!) and things look much better.

I'm not sure where the 'stretch' option would look better so yeah, if perhaps if there would be an extra setting for selecting stretch/keep mode, I'd vote in favour.
(2019-12-22, 09:16)GWADA.TYS Wrote: @mikeSiLVO 

Hi, my name is Baptiste from France. I'm a "rookie" on Kodi application and I'm trying to download your Aeon Silvio skin on Leia 18.5 but since 3 days I've the same issue.
Imagehttps://www.noelshack.com/2019-51-7-1576...-issue.jpg
I already try to uninstall and re-install kodi but once done, it's automatically on "Building menu Please wait".

Thanks

Baptiste

If you are using a device like an android tablet or something with a low powered CPU you may have to wait a long time (maybe about as much as 5 minutes) for the skin to finish building. So try again and give it some time. The screen may even go totally black/blank for a period as well.
(2019-12-19, 22:43)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Hm... I downloaded the latest Leia version from GitHub and artist slideshow doesn't work for me, it just displays one fanart. ( ._.)

did it again, still does not work.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
I have a addion which adds "Infobar Options" to custom_1115_VideoOSDSettings.xml:
add this code after line 114
xml:
<!-- INFOBAR SETTINGS -->
                <control type="label" id="201">
                    <width>1452</width>
                    <radioposx>1350</radioposx>
                    <height>60</height>
                    <textoffsetx>15</textoffsetx>
                    <font>font13_title</font>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31135]</label>
                    <textcolor>$VAR[ThemeLabelColor]</textcolor>
                    <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(livetv)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="radiobutton" id="90211">
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31512]</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(Enable.RecordingInfo)</onclick>
                    <selected>Skin.HasSetting(Enable.RecordingInfo)</selected>
                    <width>1452</width>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="90212">
                    <description>Infobar types</description>
                    <width>1452</width>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31136]</label>
                    <label2>[COLOR $VAR[ThemeLabelColor]]$VAR[LiveTvInfobarTypeOptionsLabelVar][/COLOR]</label2>
                    <onclick>$VAR[LiveTvInfobarTypeOptionsClickVar]</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="radiobutton" id="90213">
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31137]</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(infobar_hidetencrypt)</onclick>
                    <selected>Skin.HasSetting(infobar_hidetencrypt)</selected>
                    <width>1452</width>
                    <visible>!String.IsEqual(Skin.String(LiveTV.InfobarType),1) + VideoPlayer.Content(livetv)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="radiobutton" id="90214">
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31138]</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(infobar_hidetuners)</onclick>
                    <selected>Skin.HasSetting(infobar_hidetuners)</selected>
                    <width>1452</width>
                    <visible>!String.IsEqual(Skin.String(LiveTV.InfobarType),1) + VideoPlayer.Content(livetv)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="radiobutton" id="90215">
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31139]</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(infobar_hidesignalinfo)</onclick>
                    <selected>Skin.HasSetting(infobar_hidesignalinfo)</selected>
                    <width>1452</width>
                </control>
then you can change at least the infobar for live-tv when you are watching livetv. At the moment, you have to open "LiveTV-Settings" which is only in the sideblade or skin-menu.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2019-12-22, 11:00)bitbanger Wrote: Hello,

i recently found an issue of 100% cpu idle (Kodi running on Raspi 3B) with Aeon Nox Silvo and Artist Slideshow 3.0.
I posted my finding on the AS thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2909949
This affects Windows platforms as well.  I noticed as soon as Kodi started, CPU usage increased which increased CPU fan RPM's.  I changed nothing on my HTPC to cause this.  I spent the better part of this past weekend diagnosing.  A new fresh install of various builds of Kodi did not help.  Known good backed up userdata folders did not improve the situation. 

I found deleting or disabling Artist Slideshow fixed the high CPU usage.  It had been auto updating and apparently caused a bit of damage elsewhere as well.  I shouldn't say a bit of damage.  It was severe enough that some new titles refused to scan in.  No amount of anything would allow them to scan in.  Any attempt was met with 'No Information Found'. 

After experimenting with many areas of the install, I found that deleting the guisettings.xml was the only fix.  Of course all the Kodi settings needed to be reset how they originally were.  View settings in this skin were also screwed up.  I had to go back and change views in my shortcuts such as Movies, TV Shows, HDR Movies, 3D Movies, Movie Sets, etc. back to MyFlix and Showcase.  However, in the past if I changed a view in one shortcut, it changed the view for all the titles within that shortcut.  Now it doesn't.  Sets for example:  I can browse that library of sets and change the view back to MyFlix but when I enter one of those sets, it did not change... meaning I now have to change the view in every set.  I could probably start fresh from scratch and 'fix' this residual problem as well but I didn't want to waste another minute on this adventure. 

I believe all of this nightmare was induced because of Artist Slideshow.  I don't understand how it could trickle down and wipe out so many other things but I believe it did.  I didn't take the time to confirm it considering the time it took to gain back a semi good install of my front end.  At some point I'll fresh from scratch redo my setup now that it's buggy.  I just did this a short while ago when Artist Slideshow problems were first being discussed.  It took two days.  I'd bet that little demon was what caused my last redo because new titles wouldn't add.  I've been working around it by creating nfo's manually which will then allow them to scan in.  Deleting the guisettings.xml and introducing new bugs seems to be my present cure for that unnecessary necessity.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-12-23, 18:47)brazen1 Wrote:

This affects Windows platforms as well.  I noticed as soon as Kodi started, CPU usage increased which increased CPU fan RPM's.  I changed nothing on my HTPC to cause this.  I spent the better part of this past weekend diagnosing.  A new fresh install of various builds of Kodi did not help.  Known good backed up userdata folders did not improve the situation. 

I found deleting or disabling Artist Slideshow fixed the high CPU usage.  It had been auto updating and apparently caused a bit of damage elsewhere as well.  I shouldn't say a bit of damage.  It was severe enough that some new titles refused to scan in.  No amount of anything would allow them to scan in.  Any attempt was met with 'No Information Found'. 

After experimenting with many areas of the install, I found that deleting the guisettings.xml was the only fix.  Of course all the Kodi settings needed to be reset how they originally were.  View settings in this skin were also screwed up.  I had to go back and change views in my shortcuts such as Movies, TV Shows, HDR Movies, 3D Movies, Movie Sets, etc. back to MyFlix and Showcase.  However, in the past if I changed a view in one shortcut, it changed the view for all the titles within that shortcut.  Now it doesn't.  Sets for example:  I can browse that library of sets and change the view back to MyFlix but when I enter one of those sets, it did not change... meaning I now have to change the view in every set.  I could probably start fresh from scratch and 'fix' this residual problem as well but I didn't want to waste another minute on this adventure. 

I believe all of this nightmare was induced because of Artist Slideshow.  I don't understand how it could trickle down and wipe out so many other things but I believe it did.  I didn't take the time to confirm it considering the time it took to gain back a semi good install of my front end.  At some point I'll fresh from scratch redo my setup now that it's buggy.  I just did this a short while ago when Artist Slideshow problems were first being discussed.  It took two days.  I'd bet that little demon was what caused my last redo because new titles wouldn't add.  I've been working around it by creating nfo's manually which will then allow them to scan in.  Deleting the guisettings.xml and introducing new bugs seems to be my present cure for that unnecessary necessity.  
I've always heard my laptop fan start up as soon as I start Kodi, it appears to be CPU hungry

(2019-12-23, 18:59)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2019-12-23, 18:47)brazen1 Wrote:

I've always heard my laptop fan start up as soon as I start Kodi, it appears to be CPU hungry

Fwiw, my CPU has always run at 1% or 2% with Kodi open and doing its thing including EVERYTHING I have automated in the beginning of the app start.  Imagine the frustration opening it and leaving it sit for hours at idle and staring at 35% CPU usage, head in hands frustration asking yourself how on earth did this happen?  I miss out on what Artist Slideshow offered now that it's disabled but I can assure you - I don't miss it at this point.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-12-23, 19:14)brazen1 Wrote:
(2019-12-23, 18:59)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2019-12-23, 18:47)brazen1 Wrote: This affects Windows platforms as well.  I noticed as soon as Kodi started, CPU usage increased which increased CPU fan RPM's.  I changed nothing on my HTPC to cause this.  I spent the better part of this past weekend diagnosing.  A new fresh install of various builds of Kodi did not help.  Known good backed up userdata folders did not improve the situation. 

Fwiw, my CPU has always run at 1% or 2% with Kodi open and doing its thing including EVERYTHING I have automated in the beginning of the app start.  Imagine the frustration opening it and leaving it sit for hours at idle and staring at 35% CPU usage, head in hands frustration asking yourself how on earth did this happen?  I miss out on what Artist Slideshow offered now that it's disabled but I can assure you - I don't miss it at this point. 
Disabled Artist Slideshow and CPU usage dropped to around 7%, enabled it again and CPU Usage shot back up to around 45%, exited and restarted Kodi after each disable/enable

@Jeffers24
@brazen1

Have you checked the Artist Slideshow thread? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2910331
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-23, 20:36)Karellen Wrote: @Jeffers24
@brazen1

Have you checked the Artist Slideshow thread? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2910331
Yes, all the talk came out yesterday.  I started figuring out things days ago though after living with them a few weeks.  I too only figured it out uninstalling add-ons one by one and how they each affected each other.  The thread mentions maybe a fix will come out next year and some try it GitHub builds are up for digesting but recent responses say none of that is working either.  After what I went through, I'm not going through all the workaround try its at this point.  Fwiw, you remember me PMing you about this problem about a month ago?  Well, this is what was occurring.  It appears to only be affected with this skin btw and why I think it's ok to discuss here.  That thread doesn't even mention Windows platforms but I lost interest after the last couple pages out of the 156 pages in the thread.  I happened to notice Jeffers24 post here and thought I'd share my findings since they are related to this skin exclusively afaik.

@brazen1

I knew there was an issue with Artist Slideshow as I was getting the popup message.

I am hoping a skin update will allow Artist Slideshow to work again.

Hopefully an update to the Artist Slideshow will fix the CPU usage.
(2019-12-23, 20:56)Jeffers24 Wrote:
@brazen1

I knew there was an issue with Artist Slideshow as I was getting the popup message.

I am hoping a skin update will allow Artist Slideshow to work again.

Hopefully an update to the Artist Slideshow will fix the CPU usage. 
Keep us posted.  I'm leaving it disabled (since I have no choice) and won't be receiving any updates.  The discussions will need plenty of positive confirmations regarding this skin, Windows platforms, Artist Slideshow, CPU taxing, ability to retain unmolested guisettings.xml, and ability to add new titles without jumping through any hoops.  Thanks for your input too.

Sad 
(2019-12-22, 15:24)flhthemi Wrote:
(2019-12-22, 09:16)GWADA.TYS Wrote: @mikeSiLVO 

Imagehttps://www.noelshack.com/2019-51-7-1576...-issue.jpgImage

Thanks

Baptiste

If you are using a device like an android tablet or something with a low powered CPU you may have to wait a long time (maybe about as much as 5 minutes) for the skin to finish building. So try again and give it some time. The screen may even go totally black/blank for a period as well. 

I'm using an I Mac and the message "Building menu Please wait" is running like 12 hours without any changes.

Any one can hemp me ??
  • 629(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55