• 672(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Hello @mikeSiLVO , I have noted that this skin still requests for some addons that are deprecated in Matrix. Examples are Atwork Beef and Grab Fanart. Its not a major issue really, only that it may confuse some users who may try forcing installation of such addons. Also, if something does not work as they expect, they may think the recommended addons that are missing are the culprits.

Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
(2021-03-01, 11:40)TimeZone Wrote: . Examples are Atwork Beef and Grab Fanart.
Yep, mentioned here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3017645
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-01, 11:52)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 11:40)TimeZone Wrote: . Examples are Atwork Beef and Grab Fanart.
Yep, mentioned here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3017645
Ooh! Sorry for the repetition on this. I definitely did not see that. Too bad of me, posting quickly before following the entire thread first. On the bright side, he is already aware and promised to work on it.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
I posted this in the normal thread but there was no response. Hope I can get a little guidance.

I've recently started using this skin and I am really enjoying the experience. One thing is really frustrating me. I'd like to have a widget for Genres in my movie menu. Ideally with the icons being used for this skin. I have tried everything but can't see an option for it. A custom widget only allows me to create a button which takes me to a new genre screen which is the same as a submenu button.

Is there a way to have this that I can't see, or is this not an option for this skin?
(2021-03-01, 23:59)Adelaide Red Wrote: I posted this in the normal thread but there was no response. Hope I can get a little guidance.

I've recently started using this skin and I am really enjoying the experience. One thing is really frustrating me. I'd like to have a widget for Genres in my movie menu. Ideally with the icons being used for this skin. I have tried everything but can't see an option for it. A custom widget only allows me to create a button which takes me to a new genre screen which is the same as a submenu button.

Is there a way to have this that I can't see, or is this not an option for this skin?

Sorrry, this option does not seem possible with this skin. Such a feature was made possible with skin helper services, not sure if this skin uses it. I tried it in this skin and could not achieve it, but I could with another (Aeon Tajo Skin). Although it also has a little shortcoming for your need, it does not include the genre icons in the widget, just plain text as shown below. Aeon Tajo is using a component of the "skin helper services" called "skin shortcuts" to achieve it. Unfortunately you can not just install "skin shortcuts" and it will magically work, it has to be integrated with the skin. The best solution would be to use "AutoWidget". Have a look at the video and see how to set it up.
(2021-03-02, 08:24)TimeZone Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 23:59)Adelaide Red Wrote: I posted this in the normal thread but there was no response. Hope I can get a little guidance.

Sorrry, this option does not seem possible with this skin. Such a feature was made possible with skin helper services, not sure if this skin uses it. I tried it in this skin and could not achieve it, but I could with another (Aeon Tajo Skin). Although it also has a little shortcoming for your need, it does not include the genre icons in the widget, just plain text as shown below. Aeon Tajo is using a component of the "skin helper services" called "skin shortcuts" to achieve it. Unfortunately you can not just install "skin shortcuts" and it will magically work, it has to be integrated with the skin. The best solution would be to use "AutoWidget". Have a look at the video and see how to set it up.
Than you so much for responding. Appreciate it.
(2020-11-19, 19:58)brazen1 Wrote: Speaking of Matrix:

http://paste.kodi.tv/umuhihikeb

There is a dark area covering the lyrics

I installed today Kodi Matrix in my Android smartv (test program) and installed the skin from official repo. I get this bug even I thought it was solved few months ago. Is there another repo to get the newer skin? Official repo is not the way to go?

Thanks in advance!
Hello,

I upgraded Kodi 18.9 to 19.0 today (installed on top), on first launch Aeon Nox Silvo is saying 'building menu please wait' . 

It has been stuck here for a time. I was previously using the same skin in 18.9 without any issues.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
(2021-03-02, 20:02)tjs4ever Wrote: Hello,

I upgraded Kodi 18.9 to 19.0 today (installed on top), on first launch Aeon Nox Silvo is saying 'building menu please wait' . 

It has been stuck here for a time. I was previously using the same skin in 18.9 without any issues.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Same problem so that's no help Wink I have found that some of the components are not compatible with Matrix. I think we have to wait a bit.
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
Just kill the Kodi process and restart.  The menu will be built and functioning.  Addons that have actually been updated for Matrix will be updated, etc.  This happened to me the first time I installed a Matrix nightly way back when.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-03-02, 20:02)tjs4ever Wrote: Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Edit: Try brazen1's suggestion first. If not successful try:

If you can, return to 18.9, switch to the stock Estuary skin, then upgrade to 19.0.

Go to the add-on manager and re-install Aeon Nox: SiLVO. If that goes ok, then switch to Aeon Nox: SiLVO.

Or, if you start with a clean v19.0 Matrix installation, the skin has always installed and worked for me. Of course, you'd have to re-build your libraries if you take that path...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Please disregard my previous. I killed the process and relaunched Kodi and it was 99% afterwards. I had to do some minor reconfig, a few widgets for example.
(2021-03-02, 16:41)Cromseth Wrote: I get this bug even I thought it was solved few months ago. Is there another repo to get the newer skin?

It was indeed solved months ago. Not sure why its not reflecting in the official repo but you can get the fixed version on Github.
Download the zip file from Github, unzip it and paste the contents in the skin folder found inside KODI addons folder replacing whatever files are inside the skin folder with the newly downloaded ones.
Just wanted to let you know, Touchscreen no longer works at all on this skin with Matrix. It must be something that changed with Matrix the skinners might not have known about because its the same issue on many skins. Amber is one of the few that seems to still work.
(2021-03-04, 05:18)jdig4240 Wrote: Just wanted to let you know, Touchscreen no longer works at all on this skin with Matrix. It must be something that changed with Matrix the skinners might not have known about because its the same issue on many skins. Amber is one of the few that seems to still work.
That's not skin problem, most of skin use two list for MainMenu..
- control type="fixedlist"
- control type="wraplist"

Touchscreen working correct for fixedlist, but for wraplist focused is always at first item, list is mowing but focus stay at focused item.
If you use arrow (Touchscreen helper, AeonMQ skin have this) also working correct.

Need to open isue report or join with this
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19285
Edit :
Error is for Fixed list too.... when scroling can't focus first and last item.
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
  • 672(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55