• 708(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
hello,
I've search quite a lot and don't find the answer.
I've a problem with screensaver and music info:

No screensaver:
1. Music info dispays 10 seconds at the beginning of each track; so it's ok.
2. At the end of the playlist; the screen shows the playlist for ever... so it can damage the screen.

Screensaver: black
1. music info only works for the first track.
2. screen is always black after; so it's ok.

how to get best of 2 worlds:
screensaver and music info at the beginning of each track?

thanks for your help.
hello sometimes when I run through the menu I get an error saying enbuary info error... any idea what's this? it's happening with other skins, too
Its been a long time since I've used this Skin. Just installed. Its great. BTW does the OSD now have a timeout? Thanks
(2022-04-07, 19:21)insync44 Wrote: Its been a long time since I've used this Skin. Just installed. Its great. BTW does the OSD now have a timeout? Thanks
yes osd has time out! I wanted it for years and found it only in Silvo!
I have two profiles on Kodi using this skin. 

I have a menu item for Weather which has animated HD icons and Multi-art for the background. This is set in the Nox Silvo front end. There is a weather widget on this menu page.

As soon as I go to the 2nd profile, which doesn't have weather menu, widget etc. and return to the 1st profile, the Weather menu page has lost its background completely and the icons are static on the widget. This happens every single time and it makes no difference if I log off, quit, or switch profiles from either profile. 

'Tis very annoying. Any ideas?
Hi towelie, widgets don't work properly when profiles are introduced.  I discovered the same thing not long ago and posted about it here.

I've provided a workaround there, read the whole thread and the one linked to in the OP for a fuller understanding of what is going on.
(2022-04-13, 22:10)beeswax Wrote: Hi towelie, widgets don't work properly when profiles are introduced.  I discovered the same thing not long ago and posted about it here.

I've provided a workaround there, read the whole thread and the one linked to in the OP for a fuller understanding of what is going on.

Thanks and would that also apply to the background?
(2022-04-08, 15:08)fuorigioco1981 Wrote:
(2022-04-07, 19:21)insync44 Wrote: Its been a long time since I've used this Skin. Just installed. Its great. BTW does the OSD now have a timeout? Thanks
yes osd has time out! I wanted it for years and found it only in Silvo!
Thanks. How could I have missed it? Eek
Is there a way to use widgets fanart as background when the widget is not selected?
I have searched high and low for a solution.

The scrapper picked up lots of videos I had in "Extras" folder. I installed Extras context menu. I would like these Extras to disappear from my library. The scrapper is picking up lots of incorrect posters such as x rated couple for any titles that say "deleted scenes" on my children's library. Do I remove extras altogether? Is there a solution?

TIA.
(2022-04-17, 18:02)gambitz Wrote: The scrapper picked up lots of videos I had in "Extras" folder
Section 4... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I love this skin!! Only thing I'm struggling with is wat hing home videos. Even though many were taken in landscape they appear forced into portrait. I've tried the 90° orientation but it does nothing when I do 180° and 270° it enlarges the image but keeps it in portrait. Please help.
I have been modding the Silvio skin for a while to make it work better on a tablet and I have run into 2 problems using a touch screen, one of which appear to be of my own making (just cannot work out where) and the other is within unmodded Silvio.

1.  (Almost certainly my fault because the problem only happens in my modded Silvio not in unmodded Silvio) In Home screen using a keyboard I can navigate from main menu to sub menu to widgets and then scroll through a widget as you would expect but when using touch I run into 2 problems which feel as though they are related, I cannot using touch only change the focus between different main menu items nor as a consequence can I change the focus to the widget.  I have obviously changed something but I just cannot locate where the change is, more importantly I just cannot fathom why it works via keyboard control but not via touch control.

2. There appears to be a focusing issue in the Showcase view.  This is not due to my modding, it occurs in unmodded Silvio as well.  Suppose you are using Showcase view to look at a selection of movies.  No matter what I do I cannot change the focus from one movie to another.

As both work with a keyboard but not with touch I am very confused.  Has anyone any ideas what is going wrong and is it even a skin issue - maybe a Kodi system issue?
(2022-04-20, 18:19)justin150 Wrote: I have been modding the Silvio skin for a while to make it work better on a tablet and I have run into 2 problems using a touch screen, one of which appear to be of my own making (just cannot work out where) and the other is within unmodded Silvio.

1.  (Almost certainly my fault because the problem only happens in my modded Silvio not in unmodded Silvio) In Home screen using a keyboard I can navigate from main menu to sub menu to widgets and then scroll through a widget as you would expect but when using touch I run into 2 problems which feel as though they are related, I cannot using touch only change the focus between different main menu items nor as a consequence can I change the focus to the widget.  I have obviously changed something but I just cannot locate where the change is, more importantly I just cannot fathom why it works via keyboard control but not via touch control.

Don't think this is anything you have done. Mine has acted in this manner since Kodi 19. Does not matter if it's Android or Windows touch screen is just not working right. Using a mouse or the keyboard will work just fine. I've also noticed if you use touch screen touching all the way to the right side of the menu bar seems to work a little better, at least on Android tablet.
(2022-04-20, 21:10)flhthemi Wrote:
(2022-04-20, 18:19)justin150 Wrote: I have been modding the Silvio skin for a while to make it work better on a tablet and I have run into 2 problems using a touch screen, one of which appear to be of my own making (just cannot work out where) and the other is within unmodded Silvio.

Don't think this is anything you have done. Mine has acted in this manner since Kodi 19. Does not matter if it's Android or Windows touch screen is just not working right. Using a mouse or the keyboard will work just fine. I've also noticed if you use touch screen touching all the way to the right side of the menu bar seems to work a little better, at least on Android tablet.

A little bit of experimentation has made me even more confused.  Navigation using touch works fine on the widgets in unmodded Silvio skin, but on my modded skin it works if the main menu is set to low position but not if set to higher position (I have modded to change the center main menu position to top of screen).  It definitely feels as though it something I have done but I just cannot work out where in the xmls the focus should change from main menu to the widget but for some reason it just will not.  Tomorrow I am going to test if it something to do with the fact that in my modded Silvio widget 1 is below the main menu rather than above and maybe that is what is causing the confusion
  • 708(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55