• 731(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Hi !
I just installed Kodi 20.2 with Aeon Nox Silvo on Nvidia Shield.
I am trying to customize the background menu.
When i choose "single image" i can only choose in 2 directories : "external storage" which is empty and "root filesystem" for which i dont have access.

How can i choose new background ?
i tried to install an add on with basic background but it seems i cant browse where they are.

Any idea ?
(2023-08-08, 08:02)Boulou Wrote: Hi !
I just installed Kodi 20.2 with Aeon Nox Silvo on Nvidia Shield.
I am trying to customize the background menu.
When i choose "single image" i can only choose in 2 directories : "external storage" which is empty and "root filesystem" for which i dont have access.

How can i choose new background ?
i tried to install an add on with basic background but it seems i cant browse where they are.

Any idea ?

I never added support for resource add on backgrounds. Those never really made sense to me, you either know what you want for the backgrounds and can point to a folder or you want to display the items in your library...

I do have an idea regarding the limited options when choosing a background but I provide a FAQ in the second post of this thread (4th item). There is also another FAQ located in Skin settings > Help > FAQ (2nd item). I also display a popup that explains the same. You must acknowledge that popup by selecting "OK" for it to never appear again when choosing a menu item background.

I did just retest that it all works the way it should Nerd

I don't want to assume but there is only a few possible reasons for that popup not appearing when trying to select a menu background... Eek
Hi Mike,

I hope you're doing well?

I'm just wondering if there is a way to add trailers for TV Shows? I have TVDB Scraper enabled for trailers but can't see an obvious way to access these when using Aeon Nox Silvo similar to Movies?

Thanks,
Greg
TV Show trailers actually already work. Unfortunately they aren't automatically picked up by Kodi like they are for movies. You have to place your trailer in the main TV Show folder and name it tvshow-trailer.ext (for example tvshow-trailer.mp4 or tvshow-trailer.mkv), then in your tvshow.nfo file for the show, you have to edit it and in the <trailer></trailer> area add the FULL PATH to the trailer. For example <trailer>smb:\\192.168.X.X\TV Shows\TV SHOW FOLDER NAME HERE\tvshow-trailer.mp4</trailer>, just make sure that path is accessible to Kodi and is where your trailer is located.

Once you have that setup either add your show to the library, or do a refresh on the tv show if it already exists, and the trailer will be available in the same location it is for movie trailers.
"I am a new user of the Aeon Silvo skin, having used MQ for a long time. I adore the Silvo skin; it's now going to be my permanent theme. It operates smoothly, has no lag, and looks incredibly clean and sophisticated.

Currently, I am using the MyFlix view. I'd like to reduce the size of the movie Poster by 20%. I'd like to reduce the size a bit as it is displaying only about 3 or 3.5 Poster at a time on the screen. If I could reduce their size slightly, I could display at least 5 cases at once. Does anyone know which file and line I should edit to decrease the size of the movie thumbnails/Posters in the MyFlix view?

I managed to locate the skin file at
/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.aeon.nox.silvo/16x9
View_509_MyFlix.xml

What do i need to modify here to reduce the overall size of the of media/poster? I am reviewing the code right now (not a big time coder, but still can a bit).
Spent some time viewing the code, but no luck, fear destroying my prefectly setup Silvo skin
I was able to reduce the size of the poster and the case. But now i see larger gaps inbetween the movie posters. How do i bring them closer. cannot figure that out. Reverting back to the backup View_509_MyFlix.xml file till someone figures this out.
Hello, I just moved to this so sorry if the questions are dumb.
1- I am using video nodes in the main menu to separate TV Shows from Anime, how do I get the correct random background image for both? Currently they are both set to TV Shows which contains both...
2- In TV Shows (standard or Anime node), the path in the information of the shows is just the root path of the library, it does not include the actual TV show's path (ie <TV_SHOWS>/ instead of <TV_SHOWS>/Heroes), how can I fix that? Movies don't have that issue.
3- In the MyFlix view is there a way to have the current item be in the center and not on the left? If not is there a way to dim more the others? When one is used to have the current item in the middle it's not that clear that now it is on the left...

Thanks!
To change the size of the gaps between posters you need to change the width in the itemlayout and focusedlayout in the myflix.xml

Stock Silvio has for myflix has a poster width of 268 and an itemlayout and focusedlayout width of 271.  So if you were to reduce the poster width to 210 you would want to reduce the itemlayout and focused layout width to c.213 (you should also change the height for the layout).

It is a while since I looked at this in detail so it is possible that there are a number of other knock on effects.  You will need to experiment a little
Any news/idea on when the next Silvo update is coming out as would love the icons to be updated dolby atmos, hrd ect apparently in github.
Line 498 in the xml is MyFlix Poster size . if you edit the poster you will have to edit the reflection also line 571. No\t sure what else without digging.
Just installed the skin from github and it broke all my 4k ultra hd flags and covers.

The new hdr10 and dolby vision flags are great tho.

How i can fix this?

All filenames has 4k in the filenames.

Also i tried 2160 in the filename and didnt work either im lost
(2023-09-05, 18:23)Pienoet Wrote: Just installed the skin from github and it broke all my 4k ultra hd flags and covers.

How i can fix this?

I'm also intrested to download this from github can u provide the link please and I can get back to you and see if tags for me are also broke
(2023-09-06, 21:53)kikassridec2 Wrote:
(2023-09-05, 18:23)Pienoet Wrote: Just installed the skin from github and it broke all my 4k ultra hd flags and covers.

How i can fix this?

I'm also intrested to download this from github can u provide the link please and I can get back to you and see if tags for me are also broke
Its here u need to install the zip as an addon.
i fixed the 4K ultra Hd flag by renaming the filenane from 4k to 4K.

the box cover filename is 4kp.png but renaming this file to 4K doesnt work.

what am i missing here?
@mikeSiLVO can you pls fix the github skin version the default 4k Ultra HD box covers?
  • 731(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55