• 738(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2023-12-05, 19:23)mikeSiLVO Wrote:  
(2023-12-02, 00:45)ReaLx3m Wrote: Hey guys, have a question.
In Shift View i can see genre on TV Shows, but its missing on Movies. Is this something on my end or intentional?
If intentional, is there a way to enable that piece of information?

Shift view does not currently show Genre for Movies or TV Shows.
Hey Mike, thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
As you can see in the screenshots below, i do get "Genre" in TV Shows with Shift View. Since youre saying it shouldnt be there, maybe its related to the addon im using?
Either way, is there some line of code that could be changed so "Written By" or "Directed By" get replaced with "Genre" in Movies Shift View?
https://imgur.com/a/nSpkBUF
https://imgur.com/a/0MEI1p8
(2023-12-05, 21:08)ReaLx3m Wrote: Hey Mike, thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
As you can see in the screenshots below, i do get "Genre" in TV Shows with Shift View. Since youre saying it shouldnt be there, maybe its related to the addon im using?
Either way, is there some line of code that could be changed so "Written By" or "Directed By" get replaced with "Genre" in Movies Shift View?

Ahhh... You said Shift view. That is the InfoPanel in your images and is available in more than Shift view.
(2023-12-05, 21:52)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2023-12-05, 21:08)ReaLx3m Wrote: Hey Mike, thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Ahhh... You said Shift view. That is the InfoPanel in your images and is available in more than Shift view.
Oh ok, guess i should have mentioned that i have info panel turned on Smile.
So is it possible to do some code magic and have the "Genre" information display there, having "Written By" replaced by genre? This(Genre) is already there in MyFlix, but i like the popping posters in Shift View much better.
(2023-12-05, 19:23)mikeSiLVO Wrote: This should also now be fixed on Git Big Grin
It's giving me a "dependency xbmc.gui 5.17.0 could not be satisfied" error when I try to install it.
<edit> I see 5.17.0 is the Omega version here. Haha, no wonder I couldn't find anything. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3169661
(2023-12-05, 22:25)ReaLx3m Wrote: Oh ok, guess i should have mentioned that i have info panel turned on Smile.
So is it possible to do some code magic and have the "Genre" information display there, having "Written By" replaced by genre? This(Genre) is already there in MyFlix, but i like the popping posters in Shift View much better.

I can add genres instead of ratings for only the shift view.

(2023-12-06, 00:36)dkoh Wrote: It's giving me a "dependency xbmc.gui 5.17.0 could not be satisfied" error when I try to install it.
<edit> I see 5.17.0 is the Omega version here. Haha, no wonder I couldn't find anything. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3169661

Yeah, the master branch is for Omega. If you are on Nexus change the branch to nexus.
(2023-12-06, 01:09)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Yeah, the master branch is for Omega. If you are on Nexus change the branch to nexus.
Yep. Showcase is working as advertised again. Thank you again.
(2023-12-06, 01:09)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2023-12-05, 22:25)ReaLx3m Wrote: Oh ok, guess i should have mentioned that i have info panel turned on Smile.

Yeah, that would be great, and even better than what i suggested as the rating is already displayed at the bottom.
Been using your skin exclusively and this thing has been bothering me for years, and was hoping that it would get addressed in some update, but alas.
Turns out all it took was posting here Smile.
Very happy to hear it will get sorted out, kudos to you for the great work youre doing with the skin man.
(2023-12-06, 01:29)ReaLx3m Wrote: Been using your skin exclusively and this thing has been bothering me for years, and was hoping that it would get addressed in some update, but alas.

I pushed those changes to Git more than a few hours ago for Nexus and Omega (master branch). The skin has a lot of options, almost too many one could say. I do use Kodi daily but I likely do not use the view/settings you think I do. In other words, I will never know of an issue without being informed of it. There are just way too many options available for me to notice without it being mentioned. I assume this is why Aeon Nox 5 became so focused instead of the amalgamation that was Aeon Nox 4. I realistically cannot keep up with all the updates and changes without a complete rewrite which would bring the skin back to basics and start over... I'd rather not start over tho Angel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story short... If you are reading this!! Don't hesitate to bring something up, the worst you will get from me is being ignored Rofl or a reason why not and that's not too bad Wink
(2023-12-06, 07:23)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2023-12-06, 01:29)ReaLx3m Wrote: Been using your skin exclusively and this thing has been bothering me for years, and was hoping that it would get addressed in some update, but alas.

I pushed those changes to Git more than a few hours ago for Nexus and Omega (master branch). The skin has a lot of options, almost too many one could say. I do use Kodi daily but I likely do not use the view/settings you think I do. In other words, I will never know of an issue without being informed of it. There are just way too many options available for me to notice without it being mentioned. I assume this is why Aeon Nox 5 became so focused instead of the amalgamation that was Aeon Nox 4. I realistically cannot keep up with all the updates and changes without a complete rewrite which would bring the skin back to basics and start over... I'd rather not start over tho Angel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story short... If you are reading this!! Don't hesitate to bring something up, the worst you will get from me is being ignored Rofl or a reason why not and that's not too bad Wink
Just updated and it looks as intended.
Will make sure to bother you sooner instead of waiting for years if something else out of place comes to my attention in the future, though you gotta give it to me for being zen level of patient on this one Big Grin.
Thanks again for the fix, much appreciated.
Cheers.
(2023-12-06, 01:09)mikeSiLVO Wrote:

(2023-12-06, 00:36)dkoh Wrote: It's giving me a "dependency xbmc.gui 5.17.0 could not be satisfied" error when I try to install it.

Yeah, the master branch is for Omega. If you are on Nexus change the branch to nexus.

how to enable the rotten tomatos flag and audience flag left bottom?
(2023-12-06, 20:31)Pienoet Wrote: how to enable the rotten tomatos flag and audience flag left bottom?

I think if you search the thread for rotten the last two posts from me should explain how that is all populated.

Edit: Maybe it is the 2nd and 3rd post now Tongue
Will this skin support the new skinning engine ABI after Omega Beta 2?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
GitHub version already does. I am not sure when I will push an update to Kodi repo.
(2023-12-10, 19:36)mikeSiLVO Wrote: GitHub version already does. I am not sure when I will push an update to Kodi repo.
Many thanks for the very quick reply. I am trying to evaluate alternatives to Transparency! that I have kept using till today. Maybe there will be a way to adapt it to Omega, maybe not. If only its fanart view was offered by other skins... but they all add stuff which I don't care for, detracting from fanart's impact. Undecided
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
What does Transparency's Fanart view look like?
  • 738(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55