• 739(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2023-12-10, 19:45)mikeSiLVO Wrote: What does Transparency's Fanart view look like?

Like this:

watch gallery

I show the three different list options, short/medium/long. I usually go for the medium option.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2023-12-10, 20:33)ashlar Wrote: I show the three different list options, short/medium/long. I usually go for the medium option.

That is pretty much BigFan view without the list part...

Hello.
Well done ! Smile
The information applies to the github version: in views List, RightList, FanartList, LowList, Shift, Posters, MyFlix, TriPanel, Poster, BannerWall, BigFan the "SDR" icon is still visible in the mediaflags line.
(2023-12-10, 23:49)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2023-12-10, 20:33)ashlar Wrote: I show the three different list options, short/medium/long. I usually go for the medium option.

That is pretty much BigFan view without the list part...

Yeah, but the missing list means a very "tiring" navigation through my collection. Unless I am missing something, I expect that from this view I am supposed to move left or right to see a different movie, one movie at a time. The list means having many more movies in sight, at a glance.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2023-12-11, 11:54)voot Wrote: The information applies to the github version: in views List, RightList, FanartList, LowList, Shift, Posters, MyFlix, TriPanel, Poster, BannerWall, BigFan the "SDR" icon is still visible in the mediaflags line.

This issue occurs when browsing the Kodi library (movies and episodes).
https://imgur.com/a/cs9vrT4
(2023-12-10, 20:33)ashlar Wrote: three different list options, short/medium/long.
Check out the LowList view, vertical mode is a great replacement for Transparency!
Be aware, if you use a playercorefactory.xml and have assigned an external player for .mp4 videos... and you enable the new 'Startup Intro' (which is an .mp4 video), Kodi will not start.  If you want to check it out like I did, simply remove or rename your playercorefactory.xml before starting Kodi.  That said, nice addition @mikeSiLVO
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2023-12-13, 18:58)brazen1 Wrote: Be aware, if you use a playercorefactory.xml and have assigned an external player for .mp4 videos... and you enable the new 'Startup Intro' (which is an .mp4 video), Kodi will not start.  If you want to check it out like I did, simply remove or rename your playercorefactory.xml before starting Kodi.  That said, nice addition @mikeSiLVO

Does not start or just a black screen?
(2023-12-13, 19:16)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2023-12-13, 18:58)brazen1 Wrote: Be aware, if you use a playercorefactory.xml and have assigned an external player for .mp4 videos... and you enable the new 'Startup Intro' (which is an .mp4 video), Kodi will not start.  If you want to check it out like I did, simply remove or rename your playercorefactory.xml before starting Kodi.  That said, nice addition @mikeSiLVO

Does not start or just a black screen?
Black screen.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2023-12-13, 22:16)brazen1 Wrote: Black screen.

I hide the homescreen until a property is reset onunload of VideoFullScreen.xml after the intro ends. I'll have to see what I can do for external players... Huh
@brazen1 I added an AlarmClock that should unhide the home menu after 4 seconds but since I do not use an external player I am curious about your experience. Does the selected intro play and when finished do you return to Kodi and everything is OK or does the video not play at all?

_________________________________________________________________________________

The latest posted for Nexus and Omega (master branch) on GitHub are possible candidates for the Kodi repo. Please install the latest for either version and let me know of any issues.

I would like to submit both, if possible, on Dec. 17th Big Grin

Thanks Smile

EDIT: Added a poll at top of page Wink
Also thinking of renaming the skin. SiLVO is a modified version of a nickname from my younger years.

Naming suggestions are welcome, including, do not mess with the name cause I like this weirdo thing that doesn't mean anything Rofl
My vote:
(2023-12-15, 06:32)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Do not mess with the name cause I like this weirdo thing that doesn't mean anything Rofl
(2023-12-15, 06:32)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Naming suggestions are welcome

Hi @mikeSiLVO...

I also vote for keeping the name Smile
(2023-12-15, 04:42)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @brazen1 I added an AlarmClock that should unhide the home menu after 4 seconds but since I do not use an external player I am curious about your experience. Does the selected intro play and when finished do you return to Kodi and everything is OK or does the video not play at all?

_________________________________________________________________________________

The latest posted for Nexus and Omega (master branch) on GitHub are possible candidates for the Kodi repo. Please install the latest for either version and let me know of any issues.

I would like to submit both, if possible, on Dec. 17th Big Grin

Thanks Smile

EDIT: Added a poll at top of page Wink

Hi @mikeSiLVO

The external player (MPC-BE) opens as it did before your changes.  It fails to load the mp4 with a 'Failed to render video' error by the player.  Waiting over 4 secs the player remains in focus and never closes which is normal for MPC players that couldn't load a video.  Unlike before, I can simply close the player and Kodi is in focus, usable with no problems.  Didn't need to remove the playercorefactory.xml this time fwiw.  I navigated to the mp4 and it plays solo with no problem.  Please don't knock yourself out trying to remedy this.  It works fine using Kodi internal VideoPlayer.  Thank you for the effort just the same. 

As for the skin name change... I doubt there is one user who prefers something else... except maybe yourself.  I think I speak for all us of saying, we wouldn't care what you'd like to change it to if you did.  Personally, I think you've maintained and modified the original enough to call it your own because you've earned it.

I see the poll about removing studios.  I'm for removing the icon(s) simply because that info has never been of much importance to me when surfing my library.  Is removing that/those studio icons to create real estate for something else like additional ratings icon(s)?  Perhaps larger spacing gaps?  What are your intentions if any?

• 739(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55