• 740(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I am a little surprised about the poll results so far. The consensus seems to be to keep the studios around.

I assumed the many missing studio icons would be an issue since I've noticed a few mentions of removing them. I usually change the less-known production companies for some other related studio, like the distributor or something, since those seem to be way more likely to have a logo.

To answer @brazen1 's question...
I would likely replace that icon with one more rating icon. Possibly trakt or add a scraped rating setting to choose between IMDb and TMDb since you can usually decide between those 2.

As for the name...
I cannot currently think of a better one but I liked BigNoids Redux sub-title for Aeon Nox 5 and thought something in the same manner as that particular example would be more appropriate than SiLVO Nerd

There is a pending PR for the new Omega video versions feature so I will probably hold off on submitting to the Omega repo until that is merged.

The Nexus version does not have any reason to delay unless someone provides one so the plan is still to submit that version sometime tomorrow Smile

EDIT: Very few differences between the Nexus and Omega versions so feel free to report an issue for either as they likely correspond to both.
(2023-12-15, 04:42)mikeSiLVO Wrote: The latest posted for Nexus and Omega (master branch) on GitHub are possible candidates for the Kodi repo. Please install the latest for either version and let me know of any issues.
Just updated my LibreElec to current nightly Omega beta 2.
Also updated with the current Silvo from github I grabbed this morning.

Only problem I have encountered so far was that it was stuck at the Building Menu screen - left it for about 15 minutes. I force rebooted my unit, and everything popped back up as usual. So, not sure why it was stuck on that screen.
Note: I should say I installed Silvo before doing the nightly LibreElec update. It worked fine then, so I went ahead with the system update - then it was stuck on the Building Menu screen.

Otherwise, it's working fine so far.

Something else I should mention, and I think it would be in the Kodi or LibreElec core - Maybe... this started after the Omega Beta 2 updates started to come out.
We used to be able to just down load the skin from Github, rename it as we always do, but it stopped working that way. I have to add a number to the end or it will not install. Something like this: skin.aeon.nox.silvo.v9.zip - it will then install properly.
Thank you Smile
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
(2023-12-16, 21:31)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: Just updated my LibreElec to current nightly Omega beta 2.
Also updated with the current Silvo from github I grabbed this morning.

Only problem I have encountered so far was that it was stuck at the Building Menu screen - left it for about 15 minutes. I force rebooted my unit, and everything popped back up as usual. So, not sure why it was stuck on that screen.
Note: I should say I installed Silvo before doing the nightly LibreElec update. It worked fine then, so I went ahead with the system update - then it was stuck on the Building Menu screen.

Otherwise, it's working fine so far.

Something else I should mention, and I think it would be in the Kodi or LibreElec core - Maybe... this started after the Omega Beta 2 updates started to come out.
We used to be able to just down load the skin from Github, rename it as we always do, but it stopped working that way. I have to add a number to the end or it will not install. Something like this: skin.aeon.nox.silvo.v9.zip - it will then install properly.
Thank you Smile

Not sure what would cause the Building Menu screen to show when not necessary. The condition for it appearing is for either the home menu to contain zero items or the container is currently being updated. If you can turn on debug logging all the time by adding

Code:
<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
to your advanced settings (wiki) then the next time it happens you might be able to catch something in the log before you restart.

As for Kodi not installing the skin, that is likely a core issue. Perhaps a saved zip in the addons/packages folder is confusing something...
I'm just completely guessing here tho Huh
(2023-12-12, 13:37)voot Wrote:
(2023-12-11, 11:54)voot Wrote: The information applies to the github version: in views List, RightList, FanartList, LowList, Shift, Posters, MyFlix, TriPanel, Poster, BannerWall, BigFan the "SDR" icon is still visible in the mediaflags line.

This issue occurs when browsing the Kodi library (movies and episodes).
https://imgur.com/a/cs9vrT4

Yes, I know I'm "Newbie" Wink ...but the lone "SDR" icon never disappears from the mediaflags line in library mode.
(2023-12-18, 11:09)voot Wrote: Yes, I know I'm "Newbie" Wink ...but the lone "SDR" icon never disappears from the mediaflags line in library mode.

The SDR flag is supposed to show when the item is not HDR.
You are missing some of the other mediaflags. I'd start with trying to figure out why you do not have resolution info.
FYI, it is more helpful to show complete screenshots and not cropped or zoomed in images.
(2023-12-18, 14:47)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2023-12-18, 11:09)voot Wrote: Yes, I know I'm "Newbie" Wink ...but the lone "SDR" icon never disappears from the mediaflags line in library mode.

You are missing some of the other mediaflags. I'd start with trying to figure out why you do not have resolution info.
FYI, it is more helpful to show complete screenshots and not cropped or zoomed in images.

"SDR" is visible non-stop, constantly (Kodi library, .strm files). The photo shows exactly everything. Other media flags are, of course, visible after obtaining information about the media file (.avi, .mkv... etc).
(2023-12-18, 15:42)voot Wrote:
(2023-12-18, 14:47)mikeSiLVO Wrote:

"SDR" is visible non-stop, constantly (Kodi library, .strm files). The photo shows exactly everything. Other media flags are, of course, visible after obtaining information about the media file (.avi, .mkv... etc).

Unwatched movies (Kodi library / .strm files):
https://imgur.com/a/pAq94oy
Watched movies (Kodi library / .strm files):
https://imgur.com/a/vAOmFqe
(2023-12-18, 15:42)voot Wrote: Other media flags are, of course, visible after obtaining information about the media file (.avi, .mkv... etc).

SDR vs HDR is also a media flag.  Titles always show SDR as default even if the title is HDR.  I know for iso files, the files must be played for a moment (about 1 second) in order to read the metadata.  I assume this is because all the metadata is inside the iso container which has to mounted before metadata can be accessed inside.  SDR vs HDR flags are not the only flags unable to show anything.  Same goes for other metadata such as audio types, subtitles languages, etc.

Other formats like mkv, mp4, etc. are not locked inside a container like an iso so media flags show immediately without the need for playback to read the metadata.  They don't need to be mounted.  I'm not familiar with strm files but it appears they have to be opened before their metadata can be read also.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I guess you just do not want to see that icon for unwatched items or those that have no media info...

The latest git version will hide the SDR/HDR flags until resolution info is not empty.
(2023-12-18, 20:22)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I guess you just do not want to see that icon for unwatched items or those that have no media info...

The latest git version will hide the SDR/HDR flags until resolution info is not empty.

Exactly! Thx Smile
In the new git version 9.99.0 for Kodi21 there are problems with infos, graphics and media flags in the video player (fullscreen mode video).
No poster, no plot, no cast - and no mpaa icon & studio icon for video episodes...
Git version for Kodi Nexus is OK.
Maybe it's Kodi's 21 Nightly fault?
The only thing not currently working is the cast and role on fullscreen info.

I think it may have something to do with this PR since that is the only one I can see with a possible relation. There are a couple of other skin issues I've mentioned in the skinning thread so I would like to see if those get addressed before posting about another and possibly annoying someone... Confused

Omega is still in beta, after all.
All clear. Thank you for the clarification.
I did a downgrade of Kodi-21 from the current Nightly to Beta2 and the problem disappeared.
This was requested a long time... Better late than never I suppose Tongue

Added a customizable shutdown menu that needs testing. It should not break existing menu setups but I cannot guarantee that.

If anyone wants to test it out you can install the custom_shutdown_branch. This is for Omega only at the moment but if it doesn't mess anything up I can bring it to Nexus also.

In case anyone is wondering the shutdown menu is what appears when long pressing back/backspace on remote/keyboard.

Go to Customization > Setup the shutdown menu

is there a way to change the osd buttons back to the old style ?
a classic mode or someting Smile
  • 740(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55